Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Twenty Four

“You are loved, no mistake, (Don’t you worry, don’t you worry now), You are perfectly made, See Heaven’s got a plan for you,” Mike and Maggie finished singing and I smiled as I leaned against the piano watching Maggie smiling brightly as she finished the last key.

“It’s so beautiful!” Vero smiled and then bent down to hug Maggie, “Thank you.”

“No problem,” Maggie smiled and I looked towards Mike to see that he looked embarrassed and I smirked.

“I can play the piano too,” Mario’s second oldest daughter, Stephanie said as she took a seat next to Maggie on the bench and started to play some notes, it sounded like a song, a slow song, but I didn’t recognize which one.

I saw Maggie smiled and nodded her head to Stephanie, she knew the song; “I think I know this song,” she giggled and Stephanie looked towards her and smiled, “Keep going,” she kept on playing and Maggie was thinking, “Heart beats fast, color and promises, how to brave, how can I love when I’m afraid to fall, but watching you stand alone, All of my doubt, Suddenly goes away somehow…”

I smiled and looked around the group, it seem that everyone was engrossed at the two girls, the looks on their faces made it seem that they didn’t want to be anywhere else than where they were at that moment. Even Jordan and Max seemed to be enjoying themselves. I smiled, because that’s what felt too.

“Darling don’t be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years, I’ll love you for a thousand more…” Maggie looked towards me and smiled, I thought my heart skip a beat and I knew at that moment, what I told before to Marc was true, I really did love Maggie Marshall.

-Maggie-
“Thank you so much for coming,” Nathalie smiled and then hugged me, “And thank you for singing, you have a beautiful voice,” I laughed nervously and thanked her, “Have a Merry Christmas.”

“Thank you and you as well,” I said as Kris and I walked down the stairs and towards the driveway, Mike was already waiting at my car, he was talking with Sidney who was leaving as well, “Sid!” I smiled and saw Sidney look towards me and smile. I walked over towards him and gave him a hug, “Have a Merry Christmas!”

“You too!” he said and hugged me back.

Sidney and Mike said bye and Mike got into the back of my jeep while Kris moved to the passenger side and I got into the driver’s side. It was about ten at night, I drove home, being sure to drop Mike off first because it was snowing pretty hard and I didn’t want him to walk over.

“Are you staying?” I asked Kris as I pulled into my garage, and he looked at me and smiled.

“Would you like me to?” he asked and I smiled and looked down at my lap.

“Yes,” I said quietly and then felt him cup my chin and make me look at him.

“Then I’ll stay,” he said and I smiled and felt him press his lips against mine.

I nodded my head and we both got out of my jeep. I closed the garage door and we walked through the door into the house in the garage. I heard the dogs barking and smiled as I walked over towards the kitchen and saw Jazz, Bella and Hulk looking up at us, tails wagging.

I opened the gate and then let them run around; Kris walked towards the door to let them outside to do their business as I walked into the living room and saw my small amount of Christmas decorations. I had lights hung on my front porch and a wreath on my front door. But inside, I only had a small three feet tree that already had lights and ornaments on it. Under the tree there sat some presents, two for Mike, which he’ll open tomorrow when he comes for dinner, one for Emma, which she’ll get when she gets here around New Years, and then one for Kris, which he’ll open tomorrow morning.

“What are you thinking about?” I heard and then felt arms around my waist and lips on my neck.

“Nothing really, just staring at me sad excuse of a tree,” I giggled and heard Kris chuckle.

“At least you have something,” he said and I smiled and turned around, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“You don’t have anything?” I asked and he shook his head.

“I only have a small condo, no point in putting anything up when usually no one other than Hulk and I are there,” he said and I nodded my head, understanding what he meant.

Kris brought the dogs back into the house and I watched as they ran around the living room for a little. I smiled and then walked towards the closet on the other side of the stairs and pulled out the dog bed that I had for Stanley and put it next to Jazz and Bella’s cages in the corner of the living room. I usually left their cage doors opened when I was home.

I walked around the house and checked the house before going upstairs with Kris. We walked into my room and I started to unbutton my silk dark green button up. I felt hands on my waist and smirk, turning around to see Kris smirking at me and already shirtless. He cupped my face and pressed his lips against mine and then ran his hands down and started to finish unbuttoning my shirt, leaving it hung open when he finished and started to rub his hands all over my skin.

I groaned when he started to nip at my neck, my knees feeling weak when he found that soft spot under my ear. Kris had his hand on my ass and grabbed it roughly, using that to hold me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and ran my hands into his hair. Gasping when he leaned me against the wall and his hands made their way to my skinny jean button and zipper. Kris brought his hands back up and pulled the unbuttoned shirt off my back and throwing it aside. He pressed his lips against mine and his hands slipped into my jeans and he broke the kiss to bend down and slide my jeans down my legs.

I stepped out of my jeans and Kris pushed his jeans down, kicking his shoes off, I smirked, only seeing him in his boxers. He pressed his body against mine, his hands on my hips, mine on his chest, we just stared into each other’s eyes. He gave me a few quick kisses and then smiled at me.

“Maggie,” I looked at him, “I have to tell you something,” he said, our lips inches apart. I nodded my head, my hand on his shoulder neck, trying to support myself from falling over because of my weak legs, “I love you,” I looked at him shocked, “You don’t have to say it back if it’s too soon, but-“ I cut him off my pressing my lips roughly against him, running hands into his hair and pushing myself against him, making sure there was no space between us.

I pulled back to catch my breath, I nodded my head and then looked at him and smiled. I kissed him again and then pulled back and nodded my head, “I love you too.”

Kris smiled and then wrapped his arms around me and held me tight as he kissed me hard. I felt my feet move off the ground as Kris held me close; I didn’t want him to let me go. He leaned me against the wall again and then moved his hands to my thighs and held them as he carried me over towards the bed. I don’t know why, but I felt tear well up in my eyes. Kris must have felt them as they dropped down my cheek, he laid me down on the bed and pulled back, moving a hand to my face and rubbing the tear away. I laughed and smiled towards Kris.

“You’re crying,” he smiled and I rolled my eyes.

“Shut up,” I laughed and then leaned up and pressed my lips against him.

-Kris-
I woke up to the sun shining through the window and right onto my face. I sucked in the morning air and looked next to me. I was lying on my back; Maggie was lying next to me, her head on my shoulder, my arm around her shoulders. Her one hand was lying across my waist and I had my other hand on top of hers.

I smiled and then kissed her forehead and watched as she looked so peacefully while she slept. The sheet ended at her waist, but she was angled against me that her chest was covered. I grabbed the sheet and pulled it up to cover her, not wanting her to be cold.

“Kris,” Maggie breathed as I pulled the sheet up to her shoulder.

“Yeah?” I asked, thinking that she was awake, she didn’t answer, I saw a smile on her face and figured she was dreaming. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was just after eight in the morning. I laid awake in bed for another hour before I felt Maggie stir next to me. I looked at her and smiled when she looked at me tiredly, “Morning.”

“Morning,” she smiled and then stretched and sat up, the sheets falling down and I saw her nice chest. She looked back at me and smiled, “Merry Christmas.

“Merry Christmas,” I smiled and then leaned up and placed my hand on her neck and pressed my lips against hers. I felt her hand on my arm; I pushed myself up and climbed on top of Maggie, pushing her back down onto the bed and kissing down her neck, her chest, down her stomach. I heard her suck in a breath as I bit into her inner thigh.

-Maggie-
I screamed out his name and then collapsed on top of him, my head him the crook of his neck. We were both breathing heavily, my arm draped across his neck, his arm wrapped around my waist. I laughed a little and Kris looked at me and smiled. I pressed my lips against him and tangled my fingers into his hair; I pulled back and leaned my forehead against him.

“We’d better get up,” Kris chuckled and I looked at the clock and saw that it was after ten.

“Probably,” I laughed, “I need to start cooking.”

“Really?” he asked and I nodded my head.

“Yup, you’re a distraction,” I giggled and Kris smiled and then rolled over and pushed himself on top of me.

“Oh really?” Kris smiled down towards me and I smiled and nodded my head, my hands cupping his neck, moving them over his shoulders and down his arms, feeling him shiver against my touch. He stared into my eyes and then leaned down to gently and lovingly pressed his lips against mine, pulling back up and caressed my cheek, “Je t’aime, Maggie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
First song
Anthem Lights - Don't you Worry Child


Second song
Christina Perri - A Thousand Years