Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Thirty Three

Oooooooh, you guys are getting your asses handed to you by a girl!” the guys chirped as I crossed the finish line and turned, skating backwards, a smirk clear on my face as I looked at the guys that I had just skated passed, skating the fastest out of the group picked to skate in the Skills Competition.

“Nicely done, Marshall,” Coach said and I nodded my head and skated back towards the middle where so of the guys tapped my helmet.

I stood next to Toews and Kane, finding a friendship forming with them, “Show off,” Toews muttered, a smirk on his face. I took my stick to his skate and pulled out and we all laughed as he fell onto the ice. I looked down and smirked towards him and then knuckle bumped with Kane.

It was getting close to six, we had been at the rink for hours and everyone was starting to get hungry and tired. After Coach wrote some stuff onto a board, he looked up at us and told us to shower and change, I was so happy to hear those words. We headed off the ice and went into the locker room and headed to the locker that we claimed as our own.

-Marc-
I was getting out of my gear when I heard some muttering, I turned my head and then rolled my eyes when most of the guys were staring at Maggie as she got out of her gear, her back to everyone. I was used to seeing her in her spandex shorts and sports bra, I wasn’t going to deny that she was beautiful, I’m sure she knew that we all thought it, but I loved my Vero.

When Maggie bent over to go through her bag to grab some of her stuff for the shower, some of the rookies had shit grins on their faces and were muttering with each other. I looked towards Kane and Toews to see that they were smirking and then looked towards the rookies and I watched as Kane smacked the closest one over the head and glared at the others.

‘…Looks like she’s found some friends with the Hawks…’ I thought and then looked back towards my stall, ‘…Wonder what Tanger’s gunna think of that?...’

We all headed towards the shower room and I started to do our business. I could hear some guys having a conversation or busting each other for stupid stuff they did on they did on the ice. But it all seemed to quiet down when we heard singing. I smirked knowing exactly who it was, Maggie did it a lot in the shower after games or practices, I didn’t even think that she realized that she was doing it.

“…I know I gave it to you months ago, I know you’re trying to forget, but between the drinks and subtle things, the holes in my apologies, you know, I’m trying hard to take it back, So if by the time the bar closes, And you feel like falling down, I’ll carry you home, Tonight, We are young, So let’s set the world on fire, We can burn brighter than the sun…” I seemed to recognize the song she was singing to be one of the songs she sang in the mash up she did with her brothers and friend in Texas.

‘…She definitely knows how to make friends off the ice pretty damn fast, that’s for sure…’ I chuckled to myself as I finished up, ‘…Maybe Tanger should be worried…’

-Maggie-
“…Upon a hill across a blue lake, That’s where I had my first heartbreak, I still remember how it all changed, My father said, ‘Don’t you worry, don’t you worry, child. See heaven’s got a plan for you. Don’t you worry, don’t you worry now’ Yeah! Don’t you worry-“ I stopped when I saw Kane standing in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe smirking at me, “What?”

“You,” he said and then walked into the room and placed himself on the bench next to me.

“What about me?” I asked as I looked at him.

“You just seem to lose yourself when you’re playing,” he smiled and I looked down and shrugged my shoulders.

“I really like to play,” I said and gave him a small smile, “I thought you’d be going out to get food.”

“I am, we’re heading out, but I heard you playing,” he chuckled and I laughed a little, “You wanna come with us?”

I looked at him and sighed, “Not sure if I should,” I said awkwardly and he looked at me confused, “I’m pretty sure I’m about to hurt all of your egos.”

“How?”

“Please, I’m not stupid,” I smirked, “I know all of you were looking at me in the locker room,” I said and he blushed, but the smirk on his face was clear as day.

“You picked up on that, huh?”

“You’re not the subtle,” I giggled and then played some keys.

“How are you going to hurt our egos?” he asked and I looked at him.

“Not sure if my boyfriend will like if I go to dinner with you guys,” I said and his eyes widened and he leaned back a little.

“Ok, ouch! I get it now,” he said and I laughed a little and nodded my head, “Who’s the lucky guy and how does he feel about you always being surrounded by guys?”

“I’m not really sure how he feels about it since I’m away from him, but, if you must know, we’re playing against him,” I said and Kane looked like he was thinking.

“The only other Penguin is Letang,” Kane said and I smirked and nodded my head, “You’re dating Letang?”

“Yup,” I smiled and he sighed dramatically.

“That’s depressing, I better spread the word that you’re taken, you’re gunna be breakin’ many hearts here,” he said dramatically and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“Somehow I think you’ll all survive,” I said and Kane smirked.

“So how do you feel about playing against your boyfriend?” he asked and I smirked.

“I can’t wait to kick his ass!” I said and Kane started to laugh.

“Ouch, it’ll really hurt his ego if we win-“

“Don’t you mean when we win,” I smirked and Kane held his hands out and shrugged his shoulder.

“She gorgoues, is a beast at hockey, has a voice of an angel, and can tell the future,” he said and I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

“I’m just that skilled,” I said and he smirked and nodded his head.

“That you are,” he said and we heard a knock on the door and looked to see Toews standing there, “Hey man.”

“You ready to go?” he asked as he looked at Kane and then smirked towards me, “You comin’?”

“No-“

“Listen to this!” Kane said and Toews looked at him, “Mags here has a boyfriend, all this flirting for nothing,” he sighed and I looked towards Toews to see him frowning.

“Never know, keep up the flirting, you might just make her drift away from the boyfriend,” he said seriously, but a little smirk on his face as he looked me in the eye, and something about his look, or maybe his voice, or maybe just him all together made me shiver, “Guess we’ll see you later then.”

“Guess so,” I breathed and then felt Kane get up from next to me.

“See ya around, Angel!” Kane said and then left the room with Toews.
I scoffed and shook my head, ‘…What the hell is he talking about?...’ I thought and then sighed and looked down at the keys, ‘…What was I going to play next?...’

“Mags,” I looked up and saw Marc, “You wanna go for food? Tanger’s hungry and Staalsy called saying that he was going out.”

I looked at him and then back at the piano, suddenly not feeling hungry, “I’ll pass, you guys go out and have some fun,” I said and gave a little smile to Marc and he looked at me confused but nodded his head.

“You want me to bring you anything back? You might get hungry later,” he said and I shook my head.

“I’ll be fine, just not hungry,” I said and he nodded his head and then left. I sighed and looked down at the keys and was wondering why I had this confusing feeling. I sighed and then looked up at the ceiling, ‘…Men…’ I thought as I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

-Kris-
“Where’s Mags?” I asked as Marc was walking towards the SUV that Jordan was driving.

“She said she’s not hungry,” I said and he looked at me confused and I shrugged my shoulders, “On
the way home from practice she couldn’t wait to get some food in her, now she’s not hungry.”

“Something happen?” he asked and Marc shrugged his shoulders.

“When I was going to see her, Toews and Kane were walking away from the room. Those two have been getting pretty close to her,” I informed and Kris looked at me, “Nothing to worry about, Tanger.”

“What’s goin’ on? Where’s Mags?” Jordan asked as I opened the door and climbed into the back of the SUV with Marc Staal.

“Said she wasn’t hungry,” Marc said and Jordan looked at us with the same confused face I knew I had on, “I know, don’t give me that look.”

“That girl’s always hungry!”

“That’s you Jordan,” Eric said and we all chuckled as Jordan pouted and argued with his eldest brother.

‘…What’s goin’ through your head, Mags?...’
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like this girl's voice =)
First song:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=nWNiDqhDz5U[/youtube]

Second song:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=T8PbDtJ72dQ[/youtube]