Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Thirty Four

“Um, go fish,” I said as I looked down towards my cards and saw that I didn’t have any fives that Taylor Hall was looking for.

“Seriously? Are you really playing go fish?” I heard and smiled when I saw Marc standing there.

“We were bored,” I said and he chuckled and looked around the table to see Brad Richards, Steven Stamkos, Taylor Hall and Matt Duchene sitting around me holding their cards close to their faces.

“Well, ok then, but you’ve got a visitor,” he said and I looked at him confused but then saw Kris’ head pop around the corner and smiled brightly.

“Hey!” I said and got up, “All right, I’m out!” I said and then put my cards down and headed over towards Kris and hugged him.

“Hey! You totally had Kings!” Matt yelled as he looked at my cards.

I waved him off, “Kings, Queens, they’re the same thing.”

“You were totally cheating!” he yelled and I laughed and walked out of the room, around the corner to feel Kris wrap his arms around my waist and hug me.

“Come on,” I smiled and pulled him towards the stairs and headed towards Marc and my room. I pulled him and shut the door quickly, turning around to have lips roughly placed onto mine. I giggled and pulled back and smiled towards Kris.

“I missed you at dinner,” he said and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I wasn’t hungry,” I said and he nodded his head, “I was in an intense playing session with the piano,” I smiled and Kris chuckled.

“We have one too, I figured you’d be playing yours,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head, “Flower told me that you played for everyone yesterday.”

“Yeah, did you know that Toews knows how to play the piano?!” I asked and he shook his head, “Well I heard him playing and I wanted to know who was playing, because I didn’t know at the time, it was really pretty,” I said quickly and Kris smiled.

“You’ve made friends,” he said and I nodded my head.

“These guys aren’t so bad off the ice,” I said and Kris sighed, “I had to break their egos today though.”

“How?”

“Had to break it to Kane that ya know, I have a boyfriend,” I smiled and Kris smiled and pulled my closer to him.

“You do?” Kris asked and I giggled.

“I do.”

“What’s he like?”

“Well, where to start,” I laughed as Kris picked me up and spun me around and then laid me on my bed.

“How does this boyfriend make you feel?” he asked as he laid on top of me.

“Well, when I’m around him, I feel butterflies in my stomach,” I said and Kris smiled and started to kiss my neck.

“What else?” he mumbled against my skin.

“He makes me want to jump him every time I see him,” I groaned and Kris pulled back and looked at me, a smirk on his face and his eyebrow arched, “You heard me,” I smiled and pushed him up and flipped him so that I was straddling his waist.

“Do I get to meet him?”

“Shut up,” I breathed and pressed my lips against his and felt his hands roam under my shirt.

-Kane-
Duncan, Jon and I walked into the house and heard some people talking in the kitchen, we headed through there to go to the room that had the piano in, figuring that’s where Maggie would be. I nodded my head towards the guys in the kitchen and walked across the hall towards the room to find it empty.

“You looking for Marshall?” I heard and turned to see Matt Duchene looking at me.

“Yeah, she around?” Jon asked.

“She’s upstairs with Letang,” he said and I looked at him and nodded my head, “Why’s he over here? I know they’re teammates.”

“They’re more than teammates,” I said and they looked at me surprised, even Jon and Duncan.

“No way?!” they said and I nodded my head and shrugged my shoulders.

“That’s what she told me before,” I said and then walked through the kitchen and headed for the stairs, deciding that I was just going to head towards my room. As I walked down the hall, I saw a door open and knew it to be Fleury and Maggie’s room. I walked passed and looked in quickly to see Fleury leaning against the wall talking towards the bed, but I didn’t get a good enough look to see who.

“Kane!” I heard and stopped as I got to my room and turned around, walking backwards towards the room and peaking my head in. I walked into the room and didn’t see Letang there; just Maggie sitting on her bed with her laptop in front of me, “Did you guys just get back?” Maggie asked and I nodded my head, “Did you go to some bar?”

“Yeah, why?” I asked and she giggled and turned her laptop around.

“You made Twitter news,” she said and I walked over and looked at her screen.

“Cool, I’m famous,” I said and she giggled and nodded her head.

“I think I’m gunna head to bed,” Fleury said and Maggie looked at him and nodded her head.

“All right, I’m not tired, I’ll go downstairs,” she said and then closed the laptop and stood up. I looked at her and saw that she was in her pajamas, smirking when they were pajamas with polar bears on them, “What?” she asked when she saw how I was looking at her.

“Polar bears?”

“Shut up!” she yelled and shoved my shoulder and I laughed, “Don’t be hating on the polar bears,” Maggie said and I smirked and rolled my head, “Come on!”

We headed out of the room and headed downstairs, of course I knew she was going to be heading towards the room with the piano. When we walked in, Jon was sitting on the bench hitting some keys. He looked up when he saw us and I smirked, “Look who I found, and she brought some polar bears.”

“Leave my polar bears alone!” she yelled and plopped herself next to Jon on the bench as I walked over towards the chair in the corner of the room, this being how we were the night before.

Ooooo, are we having another kum ba yah night?” I heard and looked to see some of the guys walking into the room.

“Guess so,” Jon said and I smirked, “You can start.”

“You mean I can do it all?” Maggie asked and I smirked.

“What are we doing?” Stamkos asked as he looked in and saw Maggie at the piano, “Oh, you serenading us again?”

“I- I don’t even know what to say to that,” Maggie laughed and I chuckled and watched as she messing around with some keys, even if she was just messing around, it sounded nice.

“What are you going to play?” I asked and she looked at me, “You played us your favorite song, what’s your next favorite?”

“Probably the one that I wrote a few years ago,” she said and I looked at her impressed, “Don’t give me that look, it’s not that good,” she said and I scoffed.

“Let us be the judge of that,” Jon said and she rolled her eyes.

“Fine,” she mumbled, “Don’t laugh!”

‘…I highly doubt that I’ll laugh…’ I thought and watched as she glided her fingers across the keys.

It started off soft, “Let it go, let it go, Can’t hold it back anymore. Let it go, let it go, Turn my back and slam the door. The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, Not a footprint to be seen. A kingdom of isolation and it looks like I’m the queen. The wind is howling like the swirling storm inside. Couldn’t keep it in, Heaven knows I tried. Don’t let them in, don’t let them see, be the good girl you always had to be. Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know. Well now they know,” I saw the bright smile on her face as her fingers went from slowly gliding over the keys to moving so fast that it was hard to see, “Let it go, let it go, Can’t hold it back anymore. Let it go, let it go, Turn my back and slam the door. And here I stand and here I’ll stay, Let it go, Let it go, The cold never bothered me anyway. It’s funny how some distance makes everything seem small, And the fears that once controlled me can’t get me at all. Up here in the cold thin air I finally can breathe. I know I left a life behind but I’m too relieved to grieve. Let it go, let it go…” I found myself to have a bright smile on my face as I was slowly putting together what the song could possibly mean, “Let it go, let it go, the cold never bothered me anyway.”

She turned to look at us and I smiled brightly towards her, “You see me laughing?”

“I was like fifteen when I started it, maybe younger,” she said and I smirked and shrugged my shoulders, the others telling her they liked it and that she was really good.

“It’s about hockey, isn’t it?” Jon asked and she looked at him and nodded her head.

“My dad wanted to sign me up for hockey, but my mom wanted figure skating because I was a girl. She signed me up for figure skating and my dad snuck me out and put me in hockey with my brother. My mom was so mad when she found out,” Maggie giggled, “But when she came to my first game and saw how happy it made me, she gave up and let me stay in it.”

“So you like the cold?” I asked and she smirked towards me.

“It never bothered me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't laugh! I totally loved this movie and somehow wanted to incorperate the song into it. =)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=F9cEqnsg0eI[/youtube]