Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Thirty Six

“You’re an idiot,” I said as I looked at Kane and shook my head, a smirk on my face.

“A drunk idiot,” Toews said and I laughed and shook my head.

“Come on, I think that she’ll really do it!” he said and I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

“I highly doubt that she’s going to come over her and take her bra off for you, just so you can see if you got her bra size right,” Keith said and I sighed and popped a fry into my mouth, looking down at the burger and fries on my plate.

“How did we get on this subject again?” I asked and Toews snorted.

“Pattie asked you what your bra size was and you said that if he guessed the girl at the bar bra’s size right, you’ll tell him yours,” Toews said and I sighed and nodded my head, “Your fault.”

“Hey! I didn’t think he would actually want to do it!” I said and Toews scoffed.

“It’s Pat and he’s drunk, he’ll do it,” Keith said and I sighed and looked at Pat who finished his glass of beer.

“Well, if you won’t let her come here,” Kane stood up and smirked towards us, “I’ll go to her.”

“Oh no,” I said and Toews chuckled, “I can’t watch this.”

“Oh, you’re going to want to watch this,” Toews said and I sighed.

“You’re right, I really want to,” I said and then got my phone out and hit record, “Please have something good happen.”

We watched as Kane walked over towards the female bartender and leaned over the bar. He was waiting to get her attention, when he did we watched, not to subtly too, as Kane asked her the question. She seemed to look at him like he was serious, he asked again and she slapped him across his face.

“Yes!” I smiled and threw my hands in the air.

“You’re horrible,” Keith asked and I smiled.

Kane walked back over and plopped down next to me, “She wants me.”

“Oh, I’m totally sure about that,” I laughed and then hit play on my phone and watched the scene play again.

“You recorded it?” he asked and I smirked.

“And she’s going to send it to me and I’m sending it to the team,” Toews said and I looked at him.

“I am?” I asked, not saying that I would.

“Yup,” he said and then took my phone.

“Ok,” I laughed, “What was your guess on her size?” I asked and he looked at me.

“Thirty four D,” he said and I rolled my eyes, “If I grabbed them, I would tell for sure if they were DD or D.”

“You’re a pig,” I said and he smirked and shrugged his shoulders.

About another hour went by and I looked at my watch to see that it was almost ten at night. We were in a discussion about who we thought was going to be awarded certain things at the Award ceremony in June, we were currently talking about beset Coach.

“Well, I can tell you who it’s not going to be,” I said and the guys looked at me, “John Tortorella,” I said and the guys groaned, “I feel soooooooo bad for those Rangers.”

“Tell me about it, every time we play them, all I hear is him screaming at them for something,” Keith said and I nodded my head, “Hell when they got a goal, he yelled at them for not getting it sooner!”

“Can’t please that guy,” I said and the guys nodded their heads. Keith took the last of our third pitcher and called for our waiter to come over, “I remember he tried to pick a fight with my brother last season and the Rangers were like ‘What the hell are you doing’ to their Coach.”

“He’s an ass,” Toews said and I nodded my head.

We paid our bill, splitting it between all of us because we were too tired, maybe a little too tipsy to add up what we personally owed. I had to push Kane out of the booth because I wanted to get out.

“You all right, Kane?” Toews asked and I looked towards him to see him a little wobbly.

“You drank too much,” I said and grabbed his arm as he was about to fall back into the booth, “I restate my previous statement, you’re an idiot.”

We walked out into the parking lot, Toews helping Kane walk, he was laughing the whole time. Keith got into the driver seat and I called shotgun. Toews was helping Kane into the backseat and I was about to get into the passenger seat when someone called for us. I looked up to see that the girl from the bra was jogging over. My eyes widened in shook as the girl handed Kane her bra and then kissed him and walked away. I was pretty sure that my mouth was wide open.

“No fuckin’ way,” I said and Kane laughed, cheered and held the bra in the air.

“Told ya!” he said towards me and I rolled my eyes and got in the car.

“Don’t ask how, it happens every time,” Keith said and I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“I don’t think I want to know,” I said and Keith laughed.

Everyone was in the car and we were heading back to the house, “So what’s the size?” Keith asked as he looked in the rearview mirror and I turned to look at the two boys in the back.

“What did you guess again? Thirty four D?” I asked and Toews noded his head.

“It’s- Uh, it’s,” Kane was having a hard time reading the tag.

Toews turned the light on from the backseat because it was dark out. He leaned over and looked at he tag, “Oooooooh!”

“What?” I asked and he smirked towards me.

“You were so wrong,” Toews laughed and I sighed and smiled, shaking my head, “Thirty two C.”

“So they’re smaller than I thought,” Kane said and I scoffed, “What are you, Mags?”

“I told you, if you guess hers right I would tell you,” I said and smirked towards him, “You got it wrong.”

“Yeah, you’re only saying that because he lost,” Toews smirked.

“No, I didn’t think he would ask her!” I said and the guys laughed.

We got back to the house and opened the door and started laughing because Kane tripped while walking up the five stairs. I looked in the house and saw lights on in the kitchen; we watched in, still laughing and saw we were attracting attention.

“Why is Kane holding a bra?” Stamkos asked as he and some others walked in, “Mags, did you give him your bra?”

“No!” I yelled and Kane walked over towards them and told them what happened.

The guys laughed and Stamkos took the bra and threw it at me, “You get a free bra.”

“Um, no, thanks but I’ll pass on hand-me-down bras,” I said and headed for the stairs, but smirked as I was half way up, “And besides,” they all looked at me, “The cup size is too small,” I winked, teasing the guys and headed the rest of the way up.

“Hey! Wait!” they yelled and I laughed and headed for my room.

‘…These guys are a riot…’ I laughed as I walked into the room and saw that Marc was looking like he was heading to bed.

“Hey, was wondering when you were getting back,” he said and I smiled towards him, “Tanger was looking for you, but he was tired and went to bed.”

“Oh, I’ll see him tomorrow,” I said and walked towards my bed, still giggling about what had happened downstairs.

“What are you laughing about?” he asked and I smirked towards him and grabbed my pajamas on my bed.

“We had fun out,” I said and then started to tell Marc what happened at the bar and then in the parking lot, but not about what I told the guys on the stairs.

“Sounds like you had fun with them,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head, he was sitting on his bed, his back to me because I was changing.

“I did, they’re pretty fun guys,” I said and then walked over towards Marc and climbed onto his bed, “But I miss our guys,” I hugged Marc and heard him chuckled and hold my arms.

“I’m sure they miss you too, Mags,” Marc said and I smiled and then got out of the bed and went towards the door and locked it and then went back to my bed, “The guys fly in tomorrow.”

“Yeah, we’ll be here, right?”

“Yeah, we don’t have to be at the rink until four,” he said and I nodded my head as we both started to get ready for bed.

“I’m excited for this.”

“Me too,” Marc said and I smiled, “Night.”

“Night.”