Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Fifty Four

We lost last night’s game against the Sharks, losing in a shootout, but we had a free day to do whatever we wanted in LA. Throughout the whole day the guys and I spent it on the beach enjoying the warm weather. That night we went to dinner and went to the clubs. I even managed to get Sidney to go and he never wanted to go clubbing, but since tomorrow we didn’t have practice until the afternoon, we were going to have some fun.

I was on the dance floor with Kris dancing against him, both of us having a beer in our hands. At the end of the song we laughed and headed back to the others who were in the VIP room.

“Mags! Mags!” I heard and saw Max calling me.

“What’s up darlin’?” I asked and walked over towards him to see a tray full of shots.

“You and Staalsy, I heard at New Years that you were supposed to have a drinking competition,” he said and I laughed because it was so long ago, “Ten shots, whoever finishes first, wins.”

“All right,” I smirked and handed my beer to Mike who was standing next to Kris smirking.

“You’re so gunna lose, Staalsy,” Mike laughed and I saw him drink my beer.

“Yeah, we’ll see,” Jordan smirked and I pulled my hair back into a pony tail and bent over to see ten shots in front of both Jordan and I.

The team was around us wanting to see this. I smiled brightly and stuck my tongue out at Jordan who smirked and shook his head.

“On your mark,” Marc started, “Get set,” we waited, “GO!”

I grabbed the first shot and tossed it back, feeling the burning in my throat and moving on to the neck one, being sure to flip the glass over as I threw it onto the table. On my last one I flipped the shot over, swallowed the burning liquid and threw my arms in the arm. Hearing the guys cheer at the fact that I had beaten Jordan, he threw his last shot down and smirked towards me, shaking his head.

“Tequila baby, that’s my drink!” I yelled and then knuckle bumped Jordan and then laughed when he pulled me in for a headlock, “Don’t be a sore loser!”

He let me go and I went back over towards Kris and smiled brightly, trying not to show that all that tequila was hitting me hard and the room was spinning.

We spent a few more hours at the club; I didn’t have anything to drink after the shots in fear of getting sick, so I just stuck to water to sober myself up and not wanting a headache in the morning. I wore a pair of jean shorts and a white V-neck t-shirt and my favorite converses. I wasn’t in the mood to get all dressy, and I felt comfortable when we were having a good time.

We were all heading back to the hotel; it was only a few blocks from the club, so we didn’t find a reason to drive. I looked behind me and saw that Jordan and Max were leaning against each other, weaving back and forth and singing some song. I laughed and looked ahead of me to see Sidney and Marc talking, I smirked and ran forward and jumped onto Sidney’s back, scaring the crap out of him.

“Jesus, Mags,” he chuckled and held my legs and I wrapped my arms around his neck, “You feeling ok, drunkie?”

“I’m totally tipsy!” I said and he and March chuckled, “Unlike those two back there.”

Sidney turned around and then laughed when he saw Max and Jordan, “Those two, what are we gunna do with them.”

“Throw them in the ocean?” I asked and Marc laughed.

“That’s mean,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“But it would be really really funny,” I said and Sidney chuckled and nodded his head.

Sidney carried me all the way to hotel and until we got into the elevator. I slid off his back and then leaned against the wall and hummed to the really bad elevator music.

“I can hear them in here,” Sidney said and I listened and giggled, we could hear Max and Jordan singing from the elevator next to us.

“I hope they’re all right for practice tomorrow,” I said and Sidney nodded his head.

I felt Kris’ fingers slip into mine and I looked over and smiled towards him and then leaned against his shoulder. We got to our floor and got out, heading down the hallway quietly. Well that quiet didn’t last long because Max and Jordan came out and I giggled when Geno was a little drunk and trying to get them to be quiet.

“MAGGIE!!!” they screamed and I turned around and was tackled to the ground.

“What the hell?!” I growled and tried push them off, but they were heavy.

“Come on guys, you’re crushin’ her,” Sidney said as he and some of the others came over and pulled Max and Jordan off.

“You’re jokin’?” James said and I looked to see that they had passed out.

“Classic Staalsy and Talbo,” Marc said and I rolled my eyes and headed over towards Kris and we walked to our room.

“You all right?” he asked because he noticed the uncomfortable look on his face.

“I landed on my shoulder wrong, I’ll be fine,” I said and he nodded his head. I looked towards him and saw that he looked like he was deep in thought; he was having that look a lot since we left Toronto.

-Mike-
A few days had past and we were back in Pittsburgh, we were driving to the Consol, just flown in from Florida, having two games against Tampa and the Panthers, losing both. I looked towards Maggie to see that she was sitting with Geno and the two of them were talking with Sidney and Marc, probably about what they could do for the team because we weren’t doing too well.

I looked towards Kris, who was sitting across from me with Tyler and saw that he looked to be deep in thought, I slapped his arm and he shot his head towards me, “You all right?”

“Yeah,” he said and nodded his head, “Just thinking.”

“Well don’t think too hard,” I said and he smirked and looked back towards the window.

“What was that about?” Emma asked from next to me and I looked at her.

“Mags told me that he’s been doin’ that a lot lately,” I said and she looked at me and then towards Kris.

“What does it mean?”

“I don’t know, she said that he’s been doin’ it since Toronto,” I whispered to her and she looked at me worriedly and I nodded my head, we were both thinking the same thing. The only reason for a person to be thinking that hard about something, ‘…What did he do?...’

-Maggie-
“Happy Thanksgiving!” Nathalie smiled as she saw Mike and I walk into the Lemieux house.

“Hi, same to you,” I smiled and she pulled me in for a hug.

Nathalie told Mike and I where the food, booze and everyone was at. Mike and I were heading towards the living room when Nathalie called me, “Um, they’re watching a football game, I remember last year, we have little kids-“

I giggled, “It’s all good, Nat, the Patriots aren’t playing, they’re the only team I represent,” I said and she smiled and nodded her heads.

“Told you, you were bad,” Mike said and I rolled my head and punched his shoulder.

We walked into the living room and saw some of the guys cheering at a play that the Cowboys had just done, I saw that they were watching he Dolphins vs the Cowboys and looked towards Mike, knowing he liked the Dolphins.

“And there she is!” I heard and smirked when Max saw me, “Footballs number one cheerleader!”

“Shut up,” I laughed and he pulled me in for a hug.

“No Patriots this year, Talbo, so you’re not gunna see her freak,” Mike said and I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, but when they make it to the Super Bowl you will,” I smirked and the guys laughed.

“They’re not gunna make it,” he said and I scoffed.

“Bitch please, my Patriots are so making it to the Super Bowl,” I said and I shook his head.

“Whatever you say Mags,” he said and I pushed his shoulder, hearing the guys laugh.

“So who are you going for?” Sidney asked from the couch.

“Well, since Mikey loves the Dolphins, I’m goin’ for the Cowgirls,” I said and the guys smirked.

“You’re such a loving sister, Mags,” Jordan said and I smiled brightly and patted Mike’s stomach.

“I know, aren’t I!”