Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Fifty Eight

“You all right, Maggie?” Mike asked me as we walked into our hotel room.

“Fine,” I said and threw my jacket onto the bed and sighed.

“What’s going on?” he asked and I looked at him, he walked over towards me and cupped my face, tilting it to the side to see the cut on my eyebrow from Seguin, “You put up a pretty good fight,” he chuckled and I smirked and nodded my head, “You’re a Marshall.”

“Shut up,” I smirked and there was a knock on the door. I sighed and sat on the bed and started to take my heels off. Mike answered it and I saw Marc, Sidney and Geno come into the room, “Hey.”

“You all right?” Sidney asked and I nodded my head.

“I’m accustomed to war wounds,” I smirked and the guys rolled their eyes. Marc sat down next to me and Sidney and Geno sat on Mike’s bed, “Can I help you?”

“Did you talk to Tanger?” Sidney asked and I looked at him, “Is that why you were such a hothead?”

“Talk to Tanger ‘bout what?” Geno asked and I looked at him.

“Yeah, ‘bout what?” Mike asked and I looked at him, the two of them not knowing what was going on, “Mags?”

“No, I didn’t talk to him,” I said and Sidney looked at me, “I didn’t need to.”

“Mags?” Mike asked and I looked at him, he saw the sadness in his eyes and tensed up, “He did something.”

“Mike-“

“No, come on, we both know that he’s been off lately, we felt it and now I know for sure,” he said and I sighed, “What did he do?!” I grabbed my phone and scrolled to the picture and showed it to him, he looked at me confused, “What does it say?”

Sidney took the phone and looked at it; I knew that he spoke a little French. Geno leaned over to look at it, but I knew that he couldn’t read it either. Sidney’s eyes widened and he looked at me and gave me sad eyes.

“I know number,” Geno said and I looked at me, “Yeah, I know number,” he said and pulled out his phone. Geno had his thinking face on as he looked at his phone and Sidney handed the phone to Marc and he got up and moved to the other side of me and pulled me in for a hug.

“Mags,” Marc said and then hugged me too and I tried to hold back from crying, hurt that Kris would do this.

“Will someone tell me what the damn text says?” Mike yelled and Marc sighed.

“It says-“

“Ah, here, it- Oh,” he said and looked at us, “It Catherine.”

“No way!” Marc said and I looked at him confused and looked at Sidney, who looked a little angry.

“Catherine?” Mike asked, “Who the fuck is Catherine?”

“Kris’ ex,” Sidney said and I looked at him, “You said Tanger was acting weird after Toronto?”

“Yeah,” Mike and I said.

“She lives in Toronto,” Sidney said and I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around my knees and let a few tears fall.

“He cheated on me with his ex?” I asked and Mike growled.

“He what?! I’ll kill him!” Mike yelled and I shot up and ran at him, Mike opened the door and I slammed it closed, “Mags!”

“Mike don’t!” I said and he looked at me confused, “I’m- I’m not going to do anything.”

“What?!” the guys said and looked at me.

“I want him to tell me,” I said and looked at them, “He needs to be the one to tell me the truth.”

“Maggie,” Marc said sadly and I leaned against the door and looked down, a few tears falling from my face.

“Don’t do anything, please, just- He needs to tell me,” I said and Marc, Sidney and Geno nodded their heads, “Mikey,” Mike wasn’t looking at me, his fists were clenched and he had an angry look on his face, “Please, I’m asking you to wait.”

“Fine,” he growled and I wrapped my arms around his chest and hugged him, “I’m sorry Mags.”

I felt more arms around me and knew it to be the others, that’s when the tears started to fall.

-Mike-
It was hard, every time I saw Kris, I wanted to hurt him, he made my sister cry, you don’t do that. I hated that I needed to act like nothing was wrong while I was around him. It was tough, but so far I was doing ok, almost had a few slip ups, but luckily Sidney, Marc or Geno were around to stop me.

Maggie was taking it all right, I don’t think she fully believes it, she’s in serious denial. Maggie had to basically beg the Blackhawks when we played them a few days later not to hurt Kris. They checked him a few times, but not enough to cause suspicion.

Right now, we were in out locker room, we lost in a shootout to the hawks and Marc was kicking himself for letting the last puck get in. We weren’t happy about the loss, but we weren’t depressed because it was a close game.

We all showered and changed and Maggie and I were leaving the locker room to head home. I heard Maggie’s name being yelled and we looked to see Kane and Toews coming over towards us. I looked at Maggie; it was the first smile I saw on her face in a few days. She ran over towards them, heels and all and Kane pulled her into a hug, lifting her up off the ground and spinning around. I saw a few more hawks appear and sighed.

“Well, that’s a sight,” I heard behind me and saw Sidney, “She’s friends with them?”

“Yeah, happened at the All Star game, she made a lot of friends that week,” I said and he chuckled.

“That’s her personality though,” he said and I nodded my head, “Do they know?”

“Yeah,” I said and looked at him, “I think Kane has a thing for her, but, whatever.”

“I’m more surprised that they didn’t go after Tanger more,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Maggie told them not to,” I said and he nodded his head understanding.

We watched as the hawks one by one hugged Maggie, she was talking with them and I heard her laugh and I smiled. Kane looked over towards me and I nodded my head towards him and then headed out the door, wanting to go to the parking lot, ‘…Thanks Kane…’

“That’s the first time I’ve seen her smile in a while,” Sidney said and I nodded my head, “You don’t think she’ll leave because of this?”

I stopped and looked at him, “What?”

“Will she asked to be traded because of this?” he asked, “She might not want to be near Tanger.”

“I never thought of it,” I said and Sidney sighed, “I don’t think so, we always stuck together on a team,” I said and Sidney looked at me.

“Will she stay even if she’s hurting?” he asked and I sighed.

“I don’t know,” I said and then sighed, “I don’t want to think about it.”

“We still don’t know for sure, Mike,” Sidney said and I looked at him and nodded my head.

“I’m just gunna head home,” I said and he nodded his head.

-Maggie-
“Welcome to me casa!” I smiled brightly as I looked a Pat, Jon, Corey, Brent, Duncan and Sharp as they stood in the doorway of my home.

“Pretty snazzy,” Brent whistled and walked into the house.

“You live by yourself?” Pat asked and I shook my head, “Your brother?”

“No, Mikey lives down the street, our friend Emma-“

“The girl that gave us your message?” Jon asked and I nodded my head.

“She’s pretty hot,” Brent said and I smirked.

“She’s dating my brother,” I informed and Brent nodded his head.

“He’s a little scary,” he said and I laughed.

“Thanks, he tries,” I said and then motioned for the guys to come into the house more, “Don’t be scared, but you’re probably going to be attacked,” I said as I moved the gate from the kitchen and watched as Jazz, Bella and Stanley ran out and went to my guest.

After our little hugging fest, I invited them over because they just wanted to hang out, so they all piled into my Esclade and came home with me. I smiled at the sight of the guys playing with the dogs.

“What’s there names?” Duncan asked.

“Well, Kaner has Bella, Sharpies playing with Jazz and Tazer has Stanley,” I said and the guys laughed at the name, “That’s Mikey’s dog, so he’ll probably be here soon to get him,” and the front door opened, “Or he’ll be here now.”

“Awkward,” Pat muttered and I giggled.

“Hey boys,” Mike said as he gave an awkward smile towards the hawk, “Just here for me dog.”

“Nice dog,” they said and he smirked and nodded his head.

“Yeah, I like him, always have the Stanley,” Mike said and I rolled my eyes because that’s what he told everyone, but it always got a laugh or chuckle, “Night Mags.”

“See ya!” I said and Mike left and the guys looked at me.

“What are we doing?” Jon asked.

“Video game and fun shit in the fun room,” I said and the guys smirked.

“You video games and guys together, you’re gunna have a fun time,” Pat said and I smirked and showed them to the basement and watched as they like the room, looking at every piece of Penguin, Bruins and Patriots memorabilia.

“This room is pretty cool,” the guys said and I smiled.

“Pool table!”