Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Sixty Two

“What are you talking about Maggie?” he asked a little louder and I just looked at him sadly.

“Who’s Catherine, Kris?” I asked and he looked at me surprised, “What happened in Toronto?”

“What?” he asked surprised.

“I’m not stupid, Kris, I wasn’t born yesterday! You’ve been acting weird since Toronto,” I said and he sighed, “So tell me right now,” I said and stood up straight, “Did you cheat on me?”

“Mags,” he said and I looked at him, bit my lip, looked down and nodded my head.

“All right,” I said and then headed for the door.

“Mags-“ I turned around and slapped him.

“No, Kris, just- just stay away,” I said and went for the door, hoping to make it there before the tears came.

“Mags, it was an accident, I was drunk and I didn’t mean to-“

“You know what fucked up,” I said and looked at him, “I mean other than the fact that you say you love me but then cheat on me- But what’s fucked up is that you got yourself so wasted that you fucked your ex, and then came back to the apartment and fucked me.”

“Mags-“

“Don’t ‘Mags’ me, Kris! Just don’t!” I said and shoved him, “You have yourself a Merry Christmas and a nice life, because I don’t want or deserve to be cheated on! So fuck you!”

I turned around and walked out the door, ignoring the jumps of some of the girls and guys that were standing in the shadows. I walked to the living room and saw Mike and Nick, they were talking to some of the guys, I called them.

“Let’s go,” I said and they looked at my face and nodded their heads. I knew that Emma was listening and I knew that she was behind me now. I looked towards Nathalie and gave her a small smile, “Thanks for having us.”

“Anytime, sweetie, thanks for coming,” she said and then hugged me, “I’m sorry,” she whispered into my ear and I nodded my head, “Try to have a Merry Christmas.”

“Thanks, you too,” I said and we were out the door, Emma had grabbed our coats and I didn’t bother putting mine on, just wanting to get out of here. As I waited for Mike, Nick and Emma to get to the car, I sent a text to Pat telling him what happened. I wiped my tears away and tried to stay strong as everyone got in the car and I drove home.

I dropped Mike, Emma and Nick off at Mike’s house and then headed to my own, wanting nothing more than to be alone. I parked my car in the garage and walked into my house, as soon as that garage door closed, my whole entire barrier broke and I crumbled to the ground with tears pouring from my eyes. I brought my knees to my chest and hugged them. I heard whining and looked to my side to see Jazz there, he licked me a little and I hugged his neck, “You’ll never cheat on me, will ya boy?”

I felt my phone buzzing and I looked down to see that Pat and a few others texted me. I opened the guys and saw that they were asking if I was all right, Jordan just told me that Kris was getting yelled at and Vero texted me saying that if I needed anything just ask. I sighed and opened Pat’s text to see that he was just telling me he was sorry and was here for me. I just thanked him and sighed.

“Maggie!” I heard Mike’s voice and groaned.

‘…Please just go away…’ I thought and hear him call my name again.

“Mags,” he breathed and I knew he saw me, I was just looking at me knees, “Maggie,” I felt him come up next to me and place his hands on my knees, “Look at me.”

I looked at him and saw him giving me a sad look, “How could I be so stupid?”

“Mags, you’re not the stupid one!” he said and the hugged me, “Kris is the fucked up retard piece of shit that gave up probably the best girl he’ll ever find,” Mike said and I wrapped my arms around him and cried into his chest, “I’m sorry Mags.”

Mike just held me for a little bit and I told him that he could go home, knowing that he probably wanted to be with Emma, and I wanted to be by myself. Mike of course fought me on it, but I told him to go. I looked at the time and saw that it was about three in the afternoon; we had headed over to Mario’s around noon, and gotten back around three.

I walked up my stairs, changed out of my clothes, decided to soak in my bath. I heard Jazz and Bella walk in and out of the bathroom; I had left the door opened to my room and bathroom seeing as how I was the only one here. I was in the tub for a while and then got out, changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. It was just after six, I was emotionally drained and just wanted to get some sleep. I felt Bella and Jazz jump onto the bed and I passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

-Mike-
“What the hell was Letang thinking?!” Nick growled and I watched as my little brother paced back and forth in my living room, Emma sitting next to me with a small smile on her face, “I mean come on! What did she ever do to deserve that?!”

“Nicky-“

“I should go back to Mario’s and punch him to hard his mother feels it,” he growled and I smirked.

“Nicky-“

“And Maggie, what the hell is she gunna do- On Christmas! What the hell? Could this be more of a worse time-“

“Nicky!”

“What?!” he yelled and I chuckled.

“You know our sister, she’s gunna get through this,” I said and then looked towards Emma and she smiled at me and squeezed my hand, “She’s strong, and shes got many friends that can hurt Letang on the ice.”

“What?” Nick asked confused and I smirked.

“When Maggie was at All Stars, she made friends with a lot of people,” I said, “Some Lightning, some Coyotes, some Ducks, some Avalanches, some Leafs, Red Wings,” I said and smirked, “And the whole Chicago Blackhawks team- Not to mention, her friends on our own team.”

“Wait, did you say Chicago?” he asked and I nodded my head, “So that’s who she’s going to see.”

“What?” I asked because he was just talking to himself at that last remark.

“Maggie said she was going to Chicago for New Year’s,” Nick said and I looked towards Emma.

‘…Not sure if that’s the best idea…’ I thought and then Emma sighed.

“I’ll talk to her about it tomorrow,” she said and I nodded my head, “You might- You won’t be as delicate like I will.”

“Whatever,” I said and she giggled.

“What’s goin’ on? Why is it bad that Maggie goes?” Nick asked.

“With Maggie in the state that she’s in, and the hawks known to be partiers- Don’t get me wrong, they love Maggie and she loves them, but with everything that happened today,” I said and sighed, “I just don’t want Maggie to do something stupid.”

“Oh, I get it,” he said and I nodded my head, “Well, just to let you know, I’m going to a party for New Years.”

“Is it in Chicago?” I asked and he chuckled and shook his head, “Cool, so is this party going to be in your room?”

“What? No.”

“Then you’re not going to the party,” I said and he looked at me surprised, “Dude, you’re eighteen and on a damn good scholarship for college, don’t do something stupid!”

“I’m not!”

“You go to a party, there’s gunna be alcohol, you’re a minor, even if you don’t drink, you’re there, you’re gunna get in trouble,” I said and he sighed, “Just stay here or come with us to Max’s.”

“Tablot’s?” Nick asked and I nodded my head, “So what the hell’s the difference between going to Talbot’s or my friend’s?”

“You’ll be hanging out with awesome people,” I said and he scoffed, “We’ll talk about the party later.”

“Whatever,” he said and then headed up towards his room and I groaned and leaned my head back against the couch.

“Teenagers,” I muttered and Emma giggled and kissed my cheek.

“Remember when we were like that?” she asked and I smirked and looked at her.

“Remember how much trouble we got in and if it wasn’t for my dad we’d all have a record,” I said and Emma rolled her eyes and I chuckled and kissed her shoulder, “I win.”

“Don’t let it get to your head.”

-Maggie-
It felt like I was only asleep for a few minutes, but I was woken up by the dogs barking and the doorbell ringing. I groaned and sat up to see that it was just after eleven at night, I sighed and got up from my bed, ‘…Who the hell is this?...’ I thought and headed down the stairs, ‘…Please don’t be one of the guys…’ I thought and turned some lights on, ‘…Oh god, what if it’s Kris…’

I debated with myself about opening the door, but I had to, I already turned the living room light on, so they knew I was home. I pushed the dogs back and turned on the front light as I unlocked the door and opened it, only to widen my eyes.

“Hey Mags.”