Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Sixty Three

-Kane-
When I got the text from Maggie telling me what happened, I felt so bad for her at the fact that her Christmas was practically ruined. I didn’t know what to say other than I was sorry for her. I was sad before that my family wasn’t going to come see me for Christmas like they did in the past, but maybe there was reason, I was happy that they didn’t come now.

I looked towards Jon and told him that I needed to go, he nodded his head and I left the rink and quickly drove home, packing my bag for a few days and then called my Coach, who had left the party early and told him that I needed to head to Pittsburgh to take care of an emergency, we didn’t have a game until the twenty seventh, so I was to be back before then.

I hurried to the airport and rushed to the line, telling the girl that I needed the first flight to Pittsburgh. There was one to leave in about an hour and I would arrive in Pittsburgh just after ten. I paid for it and checked my back and headed for security.

Hours passed and I was finally in Pittsburgh, it was late and I knew that when I got to Maggie’s place she would probably be asleep. I got a taxi since by the time I got to the airport, the rental cars were closed for the night. I couldn’t remember her address, but I remembered how to get there from the Consol, so I gave the guy directions and made sure to tip him well.

I grabbed my bag and headed up the driveway and to Maggie’s front door, I saw that her lights were off and hoped that she was home sleeping and not anywhere else, or this would be awkward. I rang the doorbell a few times, I could hear her dogs barking and I got really excited when I saw the lights turn on.

It took a few seconds, but the door opened and I smirked towards her, seeing her surprised faced made me a little happy, “Hey Mags.”

“Pat? Wha- What are you doing here?” she asked and I dropped my bag and walked to her and pulled her in for a hug.

“I couldn’t let you spend Christmas alone and depressed,” I said and she pulled back and looked at me, I could see that her red puffy eyes were starting to water again, “Can I come in? It’s kind of cold and it took me forever to get here.”

“Oh my god! Yes, come in!” she said and I chuckled and grabbed my bag and walked into the house. She closed and locked the door behind me. I placed my bag by the chair and turned around only to be attacked by arms.

I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her and heard her sniffle a little, “My family didn’t come to see me, so I was by myself too,” I said and she pulled back and I saw tears roll down her face. I wiped them away and smiled towards her, “So when are we gunna party?” she smiled towards me and I looked at her to see that she was in an oversize Harley Davidson shirt and some short shorts, “I think I’m overdressed,” I said and she laughed and then hugged me again.

“Thank you, Pattie,” she said and then kissed my cheek, “You have no idea what this means to me.”

“I have a little idea,” I said and then leaned my forehead against hers, “You doing anything tomorrow?”

“Nope,” she said and I smiled.

"Good, because I brought some friends with me,” I said and she looked at me confused and then looked around. I grabbed my bag and then opened it and unwrapped the bottles from my clothes, “Meet Mr. Vodka,” I said and put the bottle down and heard her giggled, “Mr. Tequila,” I said and put the bottle down, “And then Mr. Jack Daniels.”

“How did you get this through the airport?” she asked and I chuckled.

“I checked my bag, that’s why they were wrapped in my clothes,” I said and she smiled.

“You’ve done this before,” she said and I smirked and nodded my head.

“Babe, I’m a master at a lot of things.”

We ended up in her room both just sitting on her bed, drinking and talking, I never brought up Letang, we were only talking about stupid or funny things. She was telling me about the Secret Santa that her team did and telling me what people got as gifts. I found it funny that her teammate got Crosby porn for Christmas.

“Oh my god! Oh my god!” I laughed as Maggie was feeling her face, we had been in her room for a while now, both of us lying on our backs looking up at the ceiling and laughing, “I can’t feel my face.”

“Wait! Let my check,” I slurred and sat up, blinking to get my eye sight straight because things were kind of wobbly. I hovered over her and started to poke her face, even honked her nose, which made us both laugh, “It’s still there, don’t worry.”

“All right, whew, panic gone,” she struggled to get out and that’s when I realized that both of us were totally plastered on Christmas Eve, well it was probably after midnight, so it was really Christmas.

-Maggie-
I don’t know what time Pat and I finally passed out, but I woke up the next morning to the sun shined brightly into my room. I groaned and tried to shield my eyes, but felt the pounding in my head, courtesy of Mr. Tequila. Much to my body’s protesting, I opened my eyes and looked around. I was cuddled up to Pat’s side, my arm draped across his chest, my head on his shoulder and my other arm tucked under his body. Pat had an arm wrapped around my waist and his other behind his head.

I didn’t mean to wake him up when I moved, but I smirked when he groaned and tried to block the sun as well, “How’s Mr. Jack Daniel’s friend doing?” I asked and he looked at me and shoved the pillow in his face, which made me giggle, but I winced because my head hurt.

“The evilness of the sun,” he said and I laid down on the pillow next to him and smiled, I still couldn’t believe that he was here. Pat looked at me and gave me a tired smirk, “How’s your head?”

“Pounding, yours?”

“Same,” he said and I giggled and then got out of bed and went downstairs to grab a few bottles of water and then let the dogs outside. I went back upstairs, closed the curtains, which we both were happy about, threw Pat a bottle of water and then went into my bathroom to get some pain pills, “Thanks.”

“You get us bombed and I have to take care of you,” I giggled as I opened the bottle and downed half of in.

“I promise I’ll take care of you at New Year’s,” he said and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“Food?” I asked and he looked at me and nodded my head. I looked on the ground and found the two bottles, I walked over and picked them up and scoffed.

“What?”

“You didn’t even finish the Jack Daniels!” I said, maybe a little too loudly because we both winced, “I at least finished the tequila- Which probably explains why I can’t remember a lot.”

“You don’t remember the body shots we did?” Pat asked and I looked at him shocked, “Oh yeah and the heavy make out session, we almost fucked, but you fell asleep.”

“That didn’t happen!” I said and he laid back on the bed and laughed.

“You blew me too,” he said and I threw a pillow at him.

“I did not!”

“No, but it could have happened,” he said and I rolled my eyes. I heard my phone going off on the nightstand, Pat was closer so he grabbed it and frowned, “It’s him.”

“Who?” I asked and he showed me the phone and I rolled my eyes, “Let it go to voicemail.”

“Damn,” Pat said and I looked at him.

“What?”

“Your phone blew up last night!” he said and I laid down on the bed next to him and looked at my phone, my head lying on his shoulder.

“Just the guys wishing me Merry Christmas,” I said and Pat smirked towards me, “What?”

“Merry Christmas,” he said and then kissed my cheek.

I smiled towards him and then wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his cheek, “Merry Christmas, thanks for being here.”

“Just doin’ my civil duty as Patrick Kane,” he said and I giggled. Pat’s phone started going off and it was on the floor on his side of the bed, “It’s probably Tazer.”

“Ooo, let me get it!” I said and then climbed over him, my body draped across his as I leaned over the bed and reached his phone in his jean pocket, because he had switched to sweats before we started to drink. I felt a smach on my ass and squealed, “Patrick!”

“Sorry, it was so tempting,” he laughed and I groaned and sat up and saw that it was Jon calling, “It him?”

“Yup,” I said and then hit answer and took a deep breath and smiled, “Molly’s sex shop, you bring the doe, I bring da hoe,” I said and Pat was cracking up next to me and I was trying not to laugh.

“Maggie?!” Jon asked confused and I groaned.

“Damn, he recognized my voice,” I whined and Pat laughed and tried to take the phone, but I pulled back.

“What the hell? Are you in Chicago?” Jon asked and I fell back onto my back while trying to back away from Pat.

“Nope,” I laughed because Pat climbed on top of me and was pretty close, making a blush appear on my face, “I’m here in Pittsburgh.”

“Pat’s in Pittsburgh?” Jon asked and I looked at Pat.

“You didn’t tell him you were here?” I asked and Pat smirked and shook his head.

“Kind of a last minute thing,” he said and then took the phone and kissed my cheek. He climbed off of me and started to talk to Jon and I just laid there looking at the ceiling.

‘…He just got up and left?...’ I thought confused and then sat up and looked at Pat, he was sitting on the side of the bed, his back to me and talking to Jon, ‘…Why?...’