Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Sixty Seven

“I’m so happy I finally have someone to talk to up here!” Abby said and I smirked and looked towards her, “The others are,” we both looked at some of the girlfriends in the room just talking, not bothering to watch the game, “They’re just-“

“I got it,” I smiled and she nodded her head, ‘…She reminds me so much of Vero…’

I looked down towards the ice, for the first time being a spectator in the United Center. The Blackhawks were playing against the Oilers and I was happy that Pat asked me to be at the game. When I got to the game, wearing just a plain black shirt and jeans, the guys wouldn’t have that and started to ask me to wear their number. But of course the only number I apparently was going to wear, only because he handed it to me first, was number eighty eight. I wore his away jersey and I giggled when I put it on and it looked like a dress.

It was towards the end of the second period and the score was tired at two. So far Jon had gotten the first goal and Pat assisted in the second. I watched as the boys were heading down the ice towards Corey, the whistle was blown and saw sighed, “Sharpie,” I whined and shook my head.

“What?” Abby asked and I looked towards me.

“Hooking,” I said and she sighed and looked towards the ice when they showed on the jumbotron what happened and announced that the Oilers were going to be on a powerplay. The ice people came onto the ice to shovel up some scraped up ice and the Blackhawks crowded around the bench to figure out a plan.

“Uh oh,” I heard and looked towards Abby to see that she was pointing towards the jumbotron. I looked onto the jumbotron and groaned out a laugh, “You’ve been spotted.”

On the jumbotron it showed my picture with ‘Pittsburgh Penguins Maggie Marshall’ written on top and below the picture. I smirked and shook my head and gave a little wave. Abby game over and showed off the Chicago logo on Pat’s jersey and the fans cheered. Abby and I high fived and then was happy when the camera was off of me.

“Oh my god,” I said and covered my face and Abby laughed, “I thought they were going to start booing.”

“That’s why I showed off the logo,” she said and I smiled towards her.

“Thanks,” I said and she smile and nodded her head.

At the end of the second period, the Oilers managed to score and were up by one. I sighed and hoped that the hawks would win this because I didn’t want my last night in Chicago to be with grumpy players. During the second intermission, Abby and I went into the suite and got ourselves some beers and talked about the party that the guys threw for my birthday last night.

“So what did Pat get you?” Abby asked as I popped the cap off of the Lager.

“Earrings,” I smiled, “Which is weird because I have no idea how he found out that I needed a new pair of studs because I lost on of my other ones.”

“Maybe just a good guess,” Abby said and I nodded my head.

“I also want to know how he found time to go out and get them,” I said and Abby smirked.

“Anyone ever tell you, you think too much into things,” she said and I giggled.

“Multiple people,” I said and we both laughed and I felt my phone going off in my back pocket. I saw that ‘home’ was calling me, it was either my mom or dad, “Hello?”

“Maggie Marshall, when did you get to Chicago?!”

‘…Mom…’ I smirked and rolled my eyes, “Hi mom, how’d you know?”

“Your father’s watching the game, he wants to know why you’re wearing a hawk’s sweater,” mom said, but I good hear the humor in her voice.

“Just came out to visit some friends, spend New Year’s with them,” I said and mom giggled.

“Did you have a fun birthday?” she asked and I heard my dad yell something about the game in the background.

“Yeah, I had a blast, they threw a party and everything,” I smiled and looked to see that Abby was heading back into the suite.

“So are you with Kris now?” mom asked and I frowned and looked down.

“Uh, no,” I said and sighed, “No, Kris and I aren’t together anymore.”

“Oh no! What happened?!”

“Really don’t want to talk about it here, Mom,” I said and tried not to think about it.

“All right, but this isn’t over,” she said and I smiled, “When are you going back to Pittsburgh?”

“Tomorrow, I have a ten o’clock flight,” I said and took a swig of my beer.

“All right, call me when you get home, ok?”

“I will, tell dad to stop grumbling about me wearin’ a hawks swearter,” I giggled and heard my mom relay the message.

“Hey! Maggie! You know you wear Penguins or Bruins!” dad argued and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“We’re adding a team to that list, Pops,” I laughed and I heard my dad growl, but I knew he wasn’t really angry, “I have to go, love you!”

“Love you too, Maggie- Oh hey, hope you had a good birthday!”

“I did, dad, thanks,” I smiled and saw Abby come back with a slice of pizza, “Talk to you tomorrow, Pops,” I said and then we said our goodbyes and I hung up the phone, “My dad was watching the game and saw me.”

“How’d that go?” she smirked.

I giggled, “He says we only support Bruins and Penguins.”

“Well now the hawks,” she said and we cheered to that and took a drink of our beer.

-Kane-
I cheered at the end of the game when I managed to pull ahead and get the winning goal with Andrew Brunette and Niklas Hjslmarsson. The horn sounded and the final score was four to three, Chicago. I looked to the suite where Maggie was sitting and smiled, happy that she agreed to come to the game.

I did an interview and then headed back to the locker room to shower and change. After I walked out into the hallway and was attacked with arms. I smiled brightly at the burnette wearing my number and hugging me tight, “You were awesome!”

“Thanks,” I smiled and pulled her into my side, “Did you have fun?”

“Yes,” she said and looked up towards me and I saw sparkles in her eyes.

“Are you supporting a buzz?” I chuckled and she shrugged her shoulders.

“Maybe,” she said and then kissed my cheek, “It’s been a long time since I watched a hockey game, thanks.”

“No problem,” I said and kept my arm around her waist.

“Oh, your jersey,” she said and started to take it off, but I grabbed her hands.

“Keep it, for the next time you watch me play,” I said and winked towards her and she smiled and nodded her head.

“Guess the next time you’re in Pittsburgh, I’ll have to give you one of mine,” she said and I smirked and nodded my head.

After the game, Maggie and I ended up going to Jon’s place because we were going to have some beers and just relax. It didn’t take Maggie and Jon long to be talking about music when she saw his keyboard in the corner of the room and records framed around his apartment. They were talking about guitars and I was just watching Maggie smile as she sat on the island counter, resting the beer bottle in her lap.

Jon left the room for a little bit and I walked over towards her and stood in front of her legs, “Are you having fun?” I asked and she smiled and opened her legs, grabbed the collars of my shirt and pulled me closer. I smiled as she draped her arms over my shoulders and I laid my arms along her thighs.

“I’m having a blast, thanks for convincing me to come,” she said and I looked up towards her, she was a little taller since she was sitting on the counter.

“I’m glad you came,” I said and we were staring at each other for a few moments. I was about to lean in and kiss her when Jon came back into the room and Maggie squealed and I saw the she was smiling at the guitar that Jon was holding. Jon looked at me and gave me an apologetic smile for walking in and I shrugged my shoulders.

Maggie strummed the guitars and started to play something, humming to a song and then singing, “I’m waking up, to ash and dust, I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust, I’m breathing in the chemicals, oh, I’m breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus, this is it, the apocalypse, whoa, I’m waking up, I feel it in my bones, enough to make my systems blow, welcome to the new age, to the new age, welcome to the new age, to the new age, whoa, I’m radioactive, I’m radioactive…” I smirked as she finished the song, knowing it to be Radioactive from Imagine Dragons.

The rest of the time at Jon’s was spent playing video games; I was surprised to find that Maggie was a boss at Call of Duty. She killed Jon and he groaned and leaned back against the couch and I laughed and high fived Maggie.

“Sorry Tazer, when you’ve got Mikey as a brother, you have to learn to beat him at everything,” she said and I laughed and pulled her in for a hug.

‘…This girl is awesome…’