Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Sixty Eight

It was pretty late when Maggie and I got back to my apartment; I looked at the clock and saw that it was about just after two in the morning. I knew she had ten o’clock flight and we should be at the airport around nine-ish. Maggie and I were a little drunk, not wasted or anything, we were just bumping into everything.

“Pat, when did you put a table here?” Maggie giggled and I looked to see she walked into the kitchen counter. I laughed and walked over towards her and wrapped my arms around her waist and pressed my chest to her back.

“It’s always been there,” I breathed and Maggie turned around and leaned against the counter. Her hands were on my chest and she was smirking towards me, “You leave in a few hours.”

“I know,” she said sadly and then looked down, I cupped her chin and looked at her, “Pattie,” she smiled and I moved my hand from her chin to cupping her neck. I smiled when she leaned into my hand and placed her hand on my arm, “Thanks for showing me a good time.”

“Thanks for letting me,” I said and she said and we looked at each other. I leaned down and pressed my lips against hers. I felt ecstatic when she kissed me back and placed her hands on my chest and I placed my other hand on her waist. I pulled back and looked at her, blushing, really not planning that, “I kissed you.”

She looked at me and blushed, “I know, I was here.”

“You- You kissed me back,” I said and she giggled and nodded her head.

“I was here,” she said and I took a step closer to her.

“Can I- Can I kiss you again?” I asked and looked at her, ‘…What the hell? This girl- Fuck! She makes me- Damn I really like her…’ I thought as we looked at each other, “Mags?”

“What are you waiting for?” she asked and I placed my hand to the back of her neck and pressed my lips against hers.

I pulled her close and then started to pushed her back; we stumbled down the hallway and headed for the wall. I pushed her against it and felt her arms wrap around my neck and I picked her up, wrapping her legs around my waist and carrying her back to my room. I laid her on the bed and climbed on top of her, she unbuttoned my shirt and I pulled it off and tossed it to the floor and then pulled on my undershirt and parted long enough for the shirt to come off. Maggie was still wearing my jersey, I smiled and moved my hands under the cloth and started to undo the button and zipper to her jeans.

-Maggie-
I heard the alarm going off and groaned, not really wanting to wake up, but knowing that I needed to because I needed to head to the airport. I woke up to see that I was lying next to Pat, my head was on his laid out arm and our fingers were laced together, my back was pressed to his chest and his other arm was draped over my stomach while my other arm was at my side. I could feel Pat’s breath on the back of my neck and I smiled.

I looked down and saw that I was wearing his jersey; I thought back to a few hours ago, we didn’t sleep together, but we had a hell of a kiss, or a few kisses. I turned my body and faced him, climbing over his body to turn off his alarm and of course while doing this, I woke him up.

“If you’re trying to jump me, you’re doing it wrong,” he said and I giggled and turned the alarm off and then pushed back and sat on my legs as I looked at the shirtless Pat, “Morning.”

I smiled, “Morning,” I said and then watched as he stretched in bed and I couldn’t help it, I poked his stomach and he laughed and pulled me down on top of him, “I need to get ready.”

“Just go like that,” he said and I giggled and laid my chin on his chest.

“I don’t have any pants on,” I said and then squealed when I felt Pat grab my ass, “Pat!”

“Look at that, you don’t,” he smiled brightly and I rolled my eyes. I sighed and then wrapped my arms around his neck and snuggled my face into his neck, “Do you have to go?”

“Yeah, I have practice tomorrow,” I said and he sighed, “And you leave to go to Philly.”

“Oh yeah, we get to play that Russian guy,” he said and I nodded my head, “What do you think of him?”

“Honestly?” I asked, looking at Pat, who nodded his head, “He scares the crap out of me,” Pat took a deep breath and kissed my cheek, “Be careful when you play him, he already hurt that Leaf with a season ending injury.”

“I’ll be fine,” he said and then I sat up and looked at the time.

“I have to get ready,” I said and Pat nodded his head and watched as I climbed out of the bed and headed out of the room. I walked into the guest bedroom and started to pack my things and then change into the clean outfit that I had packed to wear today.

“You might want these,” Pat said and I looked towards the doorway to see that he was only in his boxers carrying my pants.

“Thanks,” I smiled and walked over towards him and took them. I was about to walk away when Pat pulled me back and pressed my back into his chest and kissed my neck.

“You have to visit more often,” he said and I giggled and turned around and kissed his cheek.

-Mike-
“Her flight says that it landed,” Emma said and I nodded my head, “I don’t see her.”

I felt my phone buzz and saw that Maggie texted me saying that she’s coming, she needed to stop at the bathroom. I smirked and looked at Emma, “She needed to go to the bathroom.”

“Oh,” she said and I nodded my head.

A few minutes later, I was getting annoyed for waiting, but I heard Emma giggle and before I could ask what, I felt a body on my back and I was practically toppled over, “Hi baby bro.”

“Took ya long enough,” I scoffed as she slid off of me and I turned to pull her in for a hug, “You look happy, good vacation?”

“Very,” she smiled and I nodded my head, “Miss me.”

“Naw,” I smirked and she scoffed and I heard Emma laugh as she leaned forward to look at Maggie.

“He didn’t know what to do with himself,” she said and I glared at her.

“I don’t believe that!” Maggie laughed, “I cracked the window and left plenty of toys,” she said and I saw Emma’s face blush and I smirked.

“One toy,” I corrected and Emma slapped me and Maggie laughed, “And she was fun.”

“Mikey!” Emma gasped and Maggie laughed even harder.

The three of us walked towards Maggie’s Escalade, I borrowed it because my car wouldn’t fit us all. I drove her back to her house and we walked into the kitchen.

“So how was the trip? Any pictures?” Emma asked and Maggie smiled.

“A lot actually,” she said and then pulled out her laptop out of her bag and placed it onto the counter. Maggie sat on the chair in front of her kitchen island and powered up her computer. Emma and I stood behind her and watched as her home screen popped up and I smiled that the background was Maggie and me in our Penguins gear after our first game, we were both holding the pucks from the goals we won that night.

“So what did you do?” Emma asked and Maggie pulled up some pictures.

“Well, we went to this club for New Year’s Eve and had a blast, got back to Pat’s place around four or five, I think,” she said and I smirked, “And then we woke up around eleven, I made the famous hangover breakfast. Pat took me to the zoo for my birthday because he apparently had to get me out of the apartment because the hawks were decorating it and planning a surprise party.”

“Aw, that’s awesome!” Emma said and I nodded my head, “What else?”

“Uh, well the rest of that day was spenting partying at his place. The next day they had morning practice and I slept and that night they had a game-“

“Oh yeah! We saw you!” Emma said and Maggie smirked.

“I figured you would be there,” I said and Maggie nodded herhead, “Though, I wasn’t planning on seeing you in a hawks jersey.”

“Last minute request,” she said and I snorted.

“Was it Kane’s?” I asked and she nodded her head, “You like him?”

She looked at me and shrugged her shoulders, “He’s been a good friend, I think there’s something there, but I’m not getting into anything yet, not with ending it with Kris- What? Two weeks ago?”

“Not even,” Emma said and Maggie frowned and nodded her head.

“So let’s see these pictures!” I said, wanting to change the topic because I didn’t want Maggie to be sad after having an amazing weekend.

“Right, uh, some of these were taken with our phones, others my camera, I just uploaded them here so they could me all together,” she said and we nodded our heads and leaned forward and saw the first picture and smirked, it was one of Maggie standing in front of the Chicago airport sign with Kane and Toews, “The airport guy was so nice to take this for us.”

“How much did you pay him?” I asked and she giggled.

“An autograph and picture,” she said and I smirked.

‘…Will she leave Pittsburgh because of Letang?...’ I thought as I watched the bright smile on her face as she told her stories of the adventures she had in Chicago.