Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Seventy Two

-Maggie-
I smiled brightly as Mike, Geno, Kris, James and I were heading to the airport; it was announced the other day who was going to be playing in the 2012 All Star Game. Pat and I were already talking about it the other day, but tonight we were leaving for it. The game was going to be held in Ottawa, Daniel Alfredsson was going to be the Captain of one team while Boston Bruins, Zdeno Chara was going to be the other.

We had finished our away game against the Blues, winning with the final score of three to two, winning in a shootout. After the game, the five of us had a flight to Ottawa; we weren’t going to make it into the city until early in the morning. The rest of the guys were going to be staying the night and leaving in the morning to head to Pittsburgh.

I was ecstatic to hear that Chara had chosen me to be on his team, I was even more excited to know that Mike, Geno and Pat were on the team as well. Team Chara was going to be represented by centers; Pavel Datsyuk, Evgeni Malki, Tyler Seguin, Luke Adam, Cody Hodgson, Ryan Johansen. Right wingers; Joffrey Lupul, Marian Hossa, Corey Perry, Phil Kessel, Patrick Kane, Jarome Iginla, and Jordan Eberle. Left wingers; yours truly, Jamie Benn, Colin Greening and Gabriel Landeskog. Defensemen; Captain Chara, Michael Marshall, Kimmo Timonen, Ryan Suter, Brian Cambell, Dion Phaneuf, and Dennis Wideman. Goalie; Tuukka Rask, Carey Price, and Jimmy Howard.

Team Alfredsson was going to be represented by centers; Jason Spezza, Claude Giroux, Steven Stamkos, Henrik Sedin, John Tavares, Logan Couture, Sean Couturier, and Craig Smith. Right winger; Captain Alfredsson, Jason Pominville, Nick Johnson, and Matt Read. Left wingers; Daniel Sedin, Milan Michalek, James Neal, Scott Hartnell and Carl Hagelin. Defensemen; Erik Karlsson, Kris Letang, Shea Weber, Da Girardi, Keith Yandle, Alexander Edler, and Justin Faulk. Goalies; Henrik Lundqvist, Jonathan Quick, and Brian Elliott.

I was happy for Kris that he got on an All Star team, but I was also happy that he wasn’t on my team. I was angry at him; I couldn’t look at him without wanting to hurt him and the woman that was now living at his apartment so that he could take care of her since she was pregnant. I still haven’t told Pat what happened five days ago. My hand was still sore from punching my window, which I had to get repaired, and then the mirror in my stall was replaced. I had it wrapped to protect the cuts and ointment was on the cuts to help them heal.

It was about four in the morning when our flight arrived at the Ottawa airport. We were the only ones on the plane and basically passed out before the flight took off. When we reached the airport, a driver picked us up and drove us to the All Star Community; it looked like the one in North Carolina, two big houses for each team.

Pat had texted me yesterday saying that he and three others were there, he made sure to remind me that he had an extra bed in his room with my name on it. I smiled when I saw the house and looked towards Mike; this was his first All Star game.

“Have fun,” I smiled and winked towards James, this was his first All Star game as well, as he and Kris walked towards their house. Geno, Mike and I grabbed our bags and headed for our house. I looked towards Mike, “You and Geno can room together.”

“What about you?” Mike asked and I smiled towards him.

“I’m all good,” I said and then opened the door; it was after five when we headed up the stairs.

The hallway lights were on and there were whiteboards on the door letting us know what room was claimed and what room wasn’t. I looked towards Mike and Geno who were walking ahead of me, they chose a room three doors down from the stairs, wrote their names on the board and walked inside.

“Night, Mags,” Mike said and I smiled towards him. Geno walked in first and I was about to walk passed him when Mike grabbed my arm, “Don’t get to comfortable with Kane.”

I looked at him and looked at him confused, “We’re friends, Mikey.”

“Whatever,” he said and I rolled my eyes and walked down the hallway and looked on the doors, finding that Pat chose the last room at the end of the hall.

I smirked and wrote my name on the door and slowly opened the door and quietly walked in. I saw the moon shining in through the window, Pat had chosen the first bed, he was lying on his stomach and his bare back was showing. I smiled and placed my bag by the empty bed and took my hoodie off leaving me in my white tank top, I kicked my sneakers off and pulled my sweats down to short my gym shorts. I had dressed with all intentions of passing out as soon as I got here and I wanted to pass out quickly. I walked over towards the bed and laid down, crawling under the covers and finding myself falling asleep.

-Kane-
I woke up in the morning, rolled onto my back and stretched, breathing in the morning air. I yawned and then looked by the dresser and saw a suitcase; I saw it and then snapped my head towards the other bed and smiled when I saw Maggie lying asleep.

‘…I didn’t even hear her come in…’ I thought as I climbed out of bed and walked over towards her, I looked at the clock and saw that it was just after eight in the morning. I smirked and climbed onto the bed and plopped down next to her, waking her up in the process. I was facing her, she opened her eyes and smiled towards me, “Morning sleeping beauty,” I said and she giggled and I felt her wrap an arm around my neck.

“I missed you,” she said and I smiled and slid my arms under the sheets and around her waist.

“I missed you too,” I breathed and she pressed herself against me and we just hugged, “What time did you get in?”

“Just after five,” she said and I felt her hand on my check, but it felt weird and I took her wrist and looked to see a wrap around it.

“What happened?” I asked and she looked at me and shook her head.

“Don’t worry about it,” she said and I sat up and crossed my legs. I took her hand and grabbed the clip and undid it, “Pattie, come on.”

I undid the wrap, and she didn’t stop me, I threw the bandaging onto the bed and looked at the cuts on her hand, “Wha-What happened?” I asked and looked at her to see that she wasn’t looking at me, “Maggie?” she still wasn’t looking at me. I bent down and cupped her chin, “Maggie.”

“I punched a window and mirror,” she said and I looked at her confused.

“Why did you do that?” I asked and she sighed, sat up and crossed her legs in front of me, “Mags?”

“The other day-“ there was a knock at the door and we both looked at it. Maggie sighed and I climbed out of bed and walked over towards the door and opened it to see Maggie’s brother.

“Uh, hi,” I said because he was giving me an annoyed look and I looked down to see that I answered the door in my boxers.

“You wear that around my sister?” he asked and I struggled with words.

“Stop it, Mikey,” I heard and felt Maggie coe up behind me, “What’s up?”

“Geno’s snoring, we’re switching rooms,” he said and my eyes widened.

‘…What? No!...’ I thought and Maggie leaned against my back.

“And Pattie, this is what we do to annoying little brothers,” Maggie said and then took the door from my hand and closed it, “Bye Mikey!”

I looked towards Maggie and smirked when she locked the door and turned away, heading towards her suitcase and then bringing it to her bed and started to unpack.

“Maggie,” I said and she looked at me, “What happened?” she sighed and then turned back to her luggage and went back to unpacking, “Maggie, come on.”

“Pattie,” she sighed and looked down, still not looking at me, “I will tell you, but- but- I just don’t want to talk right now.”

I walked over towards her, placed my hands on her shoulders, turned her around and hugged her; I knew it had something to do with Letang. I laid my chin on top of her head and held her as she laid her head on my chest.

“Tell me when you’re ready,” I said and she looked up at me and nodded her head.

“I really missed you, Pattie,” she said and I smiled and kissed her head.

“I missed you too, cowgirl,” I said and she giggled and then pulled back and walked to her bag and finished unpacking and I walked over towards my bed and collapsed onto my back.

-Maggie-
I finished unpacking and then looked at the clock and saw that it was almost eleven in the morning. I looked towards Pat and saw that he had fallen asleep I smiled and then walked over towards him. He was sleeping on his back, a light snore coming from his mouth.

I sighed and climbed onto the bed and over him, I placed myself on his lap and Pat woke up and smirked towards me, “What’s up?”

“I’m bored,” I said and he chuckled and sat up, wrapping his arms around me and then pulling me down. I giggled and then placed my elbows next to his head and smiled down at him.

“Well, I’m sure there are things that we can do,” Pat smirked and I felt his hands going up my sides.

I giggled and rolled my eyes and then sat up and looked outside, it was snowing. I looked back at Pat and smirked at his bare chest, Pat sat up and felt his hand on my neck, I looked at him and smiled. Pat took my hand looked at the cuts; he looked at me sadly and then kissed my hand.

“You promise to tell me?” he asked and I placed my hands on his shoulders and moved up to his neck.

“I promise,” I said and he moved his hand to the back of my neck and then leaned up and pressed his lips onto mine. We both groaned when there was another knock on the door, “It’s probably Mikey.”

Pat chuckled and then tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear, “Is he gunna finally try to kill me?”