Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Seventy Seven

The arena was packed with fans and players, it was time for the game, Team Chara supporting the blue jerseys, while Team Alfredsson supporting red. We were in the middle of warming up when I heard my name being called and turned my head to see Geno calling me; he was standing by Mike, Kris and James. I saw Emma, she had a camera in her hand and she was waving me over. I sighed and skated over towards her and Mike pushed me into his side.

“Smile!” Emma said and I did, she took the picture and then told us that we could go.

I picked up a puck and shot it towards Tuukka, feeling a stick tap my legs; I turned and smiled towards Pat as he came up behind me.

“Did you smile pretty pretty?” he asked and I laughed and nodded my head.

“I always smile pretty pretty,” I said and he smirked and bumped his shoulder into mine.

“So what do you think of the team this year?” Pat asked as he motioned his head towards the other team.

“I don’t know, guess we’ll find out,” I said and he smirked and nodded his head.

We skated behind the net and came around, feeling an arm go around my neck and smiling towards Geno. I playfully punched him in his chest and then we hit the boards and leaned against the glass.

“You still no talk to Tanger?” he asked and I sighed and looked at him.

“You know the answer to that Geno,” I said and then saw him nod his head.

“You ever talk to him?” he asked, looking at me sadly.

“Maybe,” I said and sighed, “Maybe one day when I get over it.”

“He still love you, Maggie, he say so other night,” Geno said and I sighed.

“Don’t tell me that, G,” I muttered, “I bet Mikey loved that.”

“Mikey went bathroom,” Geno said and I nodded my head, “Nealer slap him over head and tell him to leave you alone.”

“I’ll have to thank Nealer,” I smirked, “Never thought I’d end up liking him,” I laughed and Geno smirked.

“You no like Seguin at first,” he said and nudged his head towards Tyler, “You fight him too.”

“We’re not friends, but we’re not enemies either,” I said and Geno nodded his head and I laughed when Phil skated over and made a funny face towards me and Corey too, “These guys are a riot.”

“They pretty cool, just assholes when play against them,” Geno said and I snorted.

“They probably think that about us too,” I said and Geno scoffed.

“We too awesome to be assholes,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“The team or the two of us?” I asked and Geno threw his arm around my shoulder.

“Two of us,” he said and I laughed and nodded my head and then knuckle bumped him.

We were quiet for about a minute and I listened to the music above us and laughed, they were playing Funkytown, my mom loved that song. Geno looked at me confused and I smirked towards him, “I want you to take me to- Funkytown!” I sang and he laughed shook his head when was starting to dance a little right there.

“You’re already partying over here!” I heard and laughed when Tuukka came over and I shrugged my shoulders and we high fived with him and he leaned next to me on the boards.

“I suddenly feel like going clubbing,” I said and Tuukka laughed and shook his head, his mask propped on top of his head.

We started to hear the music change to a different song and Mike came over and shook his head, laughing because he saw me dancing before. It was almost time for us to head back in so I thought I would do one more skate around, I felt someone grab me and we spun around and I laughed when I saw it was Dennis.

“What?” I laughed because he was singing something and I laughed and then groaned, smiled and shook my head to hear that it was ‘My Girl’ from the Temptations, “What the hell is up with this music?” I laughed and ran away and headed back over towards the boards, the guys laughing and I turned around to see that he was following me, “Go away!” I laughed and heard the guys start to sing the song and even if they didn’t know it, they acted.

I was being squished into the corner of the boards with like half the team. I looked towards the jumbotron and saw that the camera was pointing towards us and then the pans and they were laughing. At the end of the song I was laughing and shaking my head. Tuukka had his arm around my shoulder and was shaking me.

“Your stick was like jabbing my side,” I laughed, heading over towards the door and he laughed and apologized.

We walked off the ice and Coach was smirking towards us and patting our backs as we headed back to the locker room. Some of us were still laughing about what happened on the ice.

-Sidney-
I was standing in the suite looking down towards the ice with some of the guys, we were laughing as we looked at the jumbotron to see that her All Star teammates were serenading her to the Temptations. Max and Jordan were on each side of me and we leaned over the banister.

“She definitely knows how to make some friends,” Max chuckled and I smirked and nodded my head.

“Especially with rival teams,” Jordan said and we laughed and watched as the song ended and they were heading off of the ice, spotting Maggie and seeing that she was laughing and shaking her head.

“You think she’ll leave us because of Tanger?” I asked, not really knowing what I was going to do with those two.

“She told us at Christmas that she wasn’t,” Max said and I looked at him, “But that was before the uh- other girl came into town,” he said, trying to be nice about Kris’, well, we didn’t know what to really call her.

“She didn’t take it well to the girl being pregnant- Hell, we were all there for that,” Jordan said and I nodded my head.

“I know that the girl’s living with Tanger- Don’t know if that was the best idea,” I said and the boys nodded their heads.

“What’s the topic of the day?” we heard and turned to see Pascal walking over.

“What else?” Max chuckled.

“Maggie?” Pascal asked and we nodded our heads, “What did Tanger do now?”

“Nothing- yet,” I said and Pascal sighed.

“I talked to Nealer before,” he said and we looked at him, “Kris has been trying to talk to Maggie, but James’ is trying to get him to leave her alone. Guess he told Geno and James that he still loved her.”

“What a mess,” I said and Max scoffed.

“Especially with there being someone in Chicago,” Pascal said and I looked towards him confused.

“What? I know she’s got friends but-“

“You mean Kane?” Max asked and I looked towards him.

“Am I missing something here?” I asked and Max shrugged his shoulders.

“Depends on what you know,” Max said and I shook my head.

“Nothing, I know Maggie went to visit him and the other hawks for New Year’s,” I said and Max smirked.

“You’re missing a lot more than that,” Max said and Jordan, Pascal and I looked down at him, “Apparently the kid flew from Chicago as soon as Maggie told him what happened on Christmas Eve. He was there before midnight on Christmas Eve and spent the holiday with her.”

“Kane?” I asked and Max nodded his head.

“Mikey said the kid just dropped everything and flew down,” Max said and my eyes widened, “Plus they’re always talking on the phone- At least that what Mikey said.”

“Sounds like the two have a thing for each other,” Jordan said and I looked down towards the empty ice and nodded my head.

“Like I said before, especially with there being someone in Chicago,” Pascal said and I sighed.

“Question is, will she leave and go to Chicago?” I asked and stood up, “Because we’ll have a problem if she does.”

“That girl is like our secret weapon sometimes,” Max said and I nodded my head.

“She’s good, Pittsburgh can’t risk losing her, espically over something so stupid,” I said and then shook my head.

“I wouldn’t say stupid, but- I can’t think of the word, but it’s-“

“Heartbreaking,” Jordan said and we all nodded our heads, “Is this why girls aren’t in the NHL?”

“Probably,” Max laughed and I smirked, “Women,” he sighed and we laughed.

“Can’t live with ‘em, can’t live without ‘em, eh?” Pascal asked and we laughed and nodded our heads.