Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Seventy Six

“Um, let me see Kane, Marshall-“

“Which one?” Mike and I asked at the same time and some of the guys snickered and Coach looked at us.

“Maggie,” he said and I smirked towards Mike and skated forward and fist bumped with Pat, “Kane, Marshall and Eberle,” Coach said and Jordan Eberle skated forward, “I saw how well Kane and Marshall worked together with Toews last year, can you do it again but with Eberle?”

I smirked towards Pat and looked at Jordan, “I think we can pull something off.”

“I want you to be the powerplay line,” Coach said and we nodded our heads, each of us already belonging to a different line, Suter, Timonen, be their defense, you two seem to be in sync on the ice. I like that,” he said and then looked at his paper, “Lupul and Kessel, be the powerkill, Campbell, Phaneuf, defense.”

We skated onto the ice, Tuukka and Carey Price in the net; we were supposed to defend Tuukka. I looked at their line and then looked at ours, ‘…Two right wings and a left wing? Why no center?...’ I thought and saw Pat skating to face off against Lupul, ‘…Pat is pretty good at face offs…’

We had about two days until the All Star game, we were starting to look pretty good, but I was wondering how the other team was going to play. Those two lines practiced the power play and kill for a few tries, and then switched off to practicing each other’s lines. Seguin-Marshall-Kessel was still a line and ended up becoming second line because we had gotten better.

Tyler, Phil, Dennis, Mike and I were on the ice going against Geno’s line; Geno, Jarome, Corey, Kimmo and Ran Suter. I managed to cut in-between Geno and Corey when Geno was going to pass it to him, stealing the puck and then quickly passing it to Phil who passed it to Mike because Kimmo was right on him. We headed down the ice towards Carey Price and Tyler tried to do a wrap around, but that didn’t happen. Jarome got the puck back and headed down towards Tuukka. The whistle was blown and Coach called an offside because Corey passed the line to our zone before the puck.

We headed faced off, Tyler won the puck and got it to me, I kicked into the ice and created a breakoff and headed for Price. I think he thought I was going to try and shoot in the left corner, but I quickly changed it and did a back hand and watched it got past his right shoulder and into the back of the net.

I smiled and skated over towards my line-mates and pounded fists with them. We were heading back to the bench, ready for another line to come on when Tyler came up beside me, “Nice goal,” he said without even looking at me and I smirked.

“Nice pass,” I said and we climbed over the benches and I felt Pat tap my shoulder and I smiled towards him. Tyler and I were trying to get along, his head was just too big, but he was at least trying to control his ego.

When we walked into practice yesterday, Coach saw Tyler’s bruised face and he saw my busted lip and the cut above my eyebrow, he wasn’t happy with what happened, but I guess he should be pleased now since we’re sort of getting along. We were all surprised when he didn’t change us to a different line, just said that he saw something there. The head Coach was Claude Julien, Boston’s Coach, so he was more upset with Tyler, because that was his normal Coach than me.

At the end of practice, we all headed back to the house and I collapsed onto my bed, exhausted after today’s practice. I heard Pat chuckle and felt him crawl into my bed and I could feel his hands going up my sides. I giggled and then turned my head to look at him and saw him looking down at me and smirking.

“What are you doing?” I giggled and Pat turned me over and hovered over me.

“Nothing,” he said and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“I’m tired,” I whined and Pat chuckled.

“I’m not,” he said and I sighed.

“Are you ever tired?” I asked and Pat chuckled and nodded his head, “When?”

“After sex,” he said nonchalantly and I rolled my eyes and then smirked towards him.

Pat pressed his lips against mine and I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers into his curly hair. He poked my side and I gasped, giving him access to my mouth and our tongues battled. Pat rolled over, pulling me with him and I laid on top of him, our kiss didn’t break and I felt his hands going up my jean covered thighs and then moving to the zipper of my hoodie. It was off and tossed to the side and I was still in a Penguins t-shirt. I was rolled back onto my back and I groaned when Pat started to kiss my neck and then move his hands under my shirt and up my sides, his fingers dancing across my skin and making me shiver.

There was a knock at the door and Pat pulled back and sighed, looking towards the door. When he didn’t get up, there was another knock, I sighed and pushed him off and walked towards the door and opening it to see Tyler.

“We’re going into town for some food, you guys want to come?” he asked and I looked towards Pat who came up behind me and nodded his head, “We’re gunna be leaving soon.”

“All right,” I said and then turned the door and was about to turn around but felt Pat push me against the door and press his lips onto mine.

I had my hands on his shoulders and felt his hands slide down to my thighs, he picked me up and pinned my legs to his sides and pushed his body closer to mine. I groaned against his mouth and then pulled back, his bottom lip between my teeth. He laughed at me and then carried me over towards the bed and laid me down, climbing on top of me and just looking at me.

“We have to get going,” I giggled as I looked into Pat’s bright blue eyes.

“We’ll go,” he said and I smirked and then pushed him off and crawled on top of him, “Oh, you’re a top person,” he chuckled and I scoffed and laid my head on his shoulder.

“You’re comfortable,” I said and then smiled when I felt the vibration in his chest when he let out a laugh.

“Come on, cowgirl,” Pat chuckled as he kissed me quick and then sat up, “I’m hungry.”

We both threw our shoes back on and then headed out of the room and down the stairs to see some of the guys waiting. I was happy that we weren’t the only ones that they were waiting for; Geno soon came downstairs saying that he and Mike were going out with James and Kris.

“Have fun with that,” I said and then watched as Geno opened the door right when James looked like he was about to knock.

“Nealer,” Geno smiled and James smirked towards him, “We wait for Mikey.”

“All right,” James said and he and Kris stepped inside and I tensed and turned my back to Kris and looked towards Pat who was talking to Tyler.

They were talking about video games when Tyler looked at me, “You all right?” he asked and Pat turned his head towards me and I nodded my head.

“What is it-“ Pat saw Kris, I knew Kris was looking over here, I could feel his eye on my back.
Pat tensed and I saw the glare on his face, “Don’t,” I hissed and Pat looked at me and then turned his head back to the confused Tyler, “Long story,” I said and Tyler nodded his head.

-Kris-
I was a little excited when I saw Maggie when James and I walked into the house, but our eyes met and I watched as she tensed and quickly turned around and leaned against Kane. I growled and clenched my fists, ‘…Of course, him…’ I saw that she was next to Kane who was talking with Seguin, Maggie nodded her head and Kane looked at her and then saw me and glared at me, ‘…Guess she told him everything…’ I thought and watched as Maggie made Kane look away from me.

“Tanger,” James called and I looked at him to see him giving me a little glare. Before we came over here, he was trying to tell me that we were probably going to see Maggie and to not do anything stupid if we did, apparently I was doing something stupid.

‘…Come on Mike, hurry up…’ I thought since we were waiting on him. I looked back over towards Maggie and my eyes widened when I saw Kane’s arm around her waist and the three of them were laughing about something, Maggie’s arms on his shoulder and she was leaning against him, ‘…I knew there was someone…’ I thought back to was Pascal said to me in Florida; “Whatever happened in Chicago-It’s Chicago!”

“Tanger,” I looked towards Geno and he was giving me a confused look, I just shook my head.

‘…Nothing can happen, they’re states apart…’ I thought and then sighed in relief when I saw Mike coming down the stairs, ‘…I have a chance to take Maggie back. I still love her…’

“Ready to go?” Mike asked and I nodded my head, “Let’s go.”

The four of us left the house, as I was going out the door, I wanted one last look at Maggie, but James was behind me and pushing me along, “Just walk, Kris.”

I sighed and the four of us got into one of the SVUs that we were able to use and headed into the city.

-Maggie-
“Damn girl, that’s like your fourth beer!” I heard Phil say, a smirk on his face, “You drinkin’ your sorrows away or having a good time?”

“Kessel, you’re here, it’s a good time,” I smiled brightly and Phil laughed and held up his hand and we high fived.

“All right, that’s what I like to hear!” he said and we both laughed.

‘…This should be my last one though, I didn’t realize I had three…’ I thought and then looked towards Pat, who was sitting next to me, to see him looking at me.

“You all right?” he asked as he leaned into me so that no one would hear, and because it was a little loud in the pub that we were at.

I looked at him and smiled, placing my hand until the table lacing my fingers with his, “I am,” I said and Pat smiled and squeezed my hand, “Thanks.”

“Anytime, cowgirl,” he smirked and I stuck my tongue at him.

‘…This guy, why is he so different? What is this? It might be too soon since Kris, but- I think I might really like him…’ I thought and just smiled towards Pat as he drank his beer and talked with some of the guys, ‘…I might be in trouble…’