Sequel: Chances Risked

Chances Taken

Chapter Seventy Nine

-Maggie-
In the locker room, some of us decided that later tonight we were going to go out clubbing and I was so excited and desperately wanting to go out and have some fun. Since our game started at four, it was about eight when we finished with interviews, showering, changing and then meeting up with our families.

Pat and I were walking through the halls heading for the waiting room. Mike was already there with my parents and Pat wanted me to meet his parents and sister. I was really nervous and since we didn’t really know what we were, I didn’t know why I was nervous.

“They’re gunna love you,” Pat smiled and then kissed my head before we walked through the doors, he could tell that I was nervous, “And if you want, I’ll meet your parents,” he said and I smiled towards him and then kissed his cheek, “Who would think that a year ago you and I would be this close?” he asked and I giggled and nodded my head as he swung his arm around my shoulder and opened the door. I laughed a little and wrapped my arm behind his back.

“I guess it has been a year, huh?” I asked and he smirked and nodded his head.

“I mean we played against each other maybe once or twice, but I never got talk to you,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Pat!” I heard and we turned to see three girls that were all different ages.

‘…Oh boy…’ I thought and then took a deep breath and Pat lured me towards them, our arms still around one another.

“Mags, these are my sister, Jackie, Erica and Jess,” he said and I smiled towards them and gave them a little wave, they smiled towards me.

“She’s really pretty for a hockey player,” Erica said and then sighed, and I looked towards Pat to see him glaring, “Sorry, that came out wrong!”

“It’s all right,” I smiled and she sighed.

“You’re really pretty,” she said and then waved her hands, “Imma shut up now.”

“Don’t mind her,” Jackie said as she gave her sister a side hug, “When she opens her mouth, she can’t shut up.”

“They’re all like that,” Pat said and the girls glared at him.

“I see where you get it from,” I said and he looked at me.

“Hey!” he said and his sisters laughed and I felt them pull me away from Pat and hugged me.

“I like her, she busts you too!” Jess said and I smiled towards them and Pat rolled his eyes.

“So where are mom and dad?” Pat asked and the girls looked around.

“Over there, talking to those people,” Jackie said and I looked to where they were pointing and let out a laugh.

“Of course,” I said and Pat looked at me, “You know who your parents are talking to?”

“No, who?” he asked and I rolled my eye and shook my head, a smirk on my face.

“My parents,” I said and Pat’s eyes widened, a smirk on his face and he let out an awkward laugh, “Yeah,” I laughed and sighed, “This can go either really really well, or really really badly.”

“Probably badly, Pattie’s horrible with parents,” Eirca said and Pat glared at him.

“Maybe I should just do the talking,” I said and the girls nodded their heads.

“I’m fine with parents!” Pat said and his sisters scoffed, “What the hell? Is it gang up on Pat day?”

“It probably is,” I said and the girls laughed and I smirked and walked over towards him and hugged him, “Aww, don’t pout.”

“Come on, let’s go,” he said and I laughed and we walked through the crowd of people to head over towards my parents.

“There’s our girl!” I heard my mom yell and then felt her arms around my neck, “Hi baby!”

“Hi mom,” I smirked and then looked at her and then the two people, known to be Pat’s parents, that they were talking to mine.

“Maggie, this is Donna and Patrick Kane,” mom introduced and Pat’s and my dad stopped talking and looked at me.

“I kind of figured that out,” I giggled and looked towards Pat who came up behind me, “I didn’t know you were a Junior” I teased and he rolled his head, “Can I start calling you Junior?”

“No!” he said and I laughed.

“Nice to meet you, Maggie, I heard a lot about you from my son,” Donna said as she stepped forward and shook my hand, sending a wink towards me and I smirked towards Pat who was looking anywhere but at me, a blush on his face.

“I’m confused,” Mom said and I smiled towards her.

“Pat and his teammates are who I went to visit on New Year’s,” I said and it all clicked.

Ooooooooh you’re that Pat!” she said and it was my turn to look around the room avoiding Pat’s smirking face.

“Yeah,” he chuckled and I felt his arm around my shoulder, “That Pat, nice to meet you, she’s a little rude,” Pat teased because I forgot to introduce them.

“Hi,” my mom smiled, “I’m Tina, the rude one’s mother and this is her father, Dave- who’s busy talking,” she said and Pat nodded his head.

“So rude,” Pat said and leaned his arm on my shoulder and I leaned back into him.

“Shut up,” I muttered and he chuckled and I heard our moms laugh.

“So we were just talking about going out to dinner before leave you,” my mom said and I nodded my head, “I know you kids are probably going out to celebrate your win.”

“Yup,” I said and mom smiled.

“So what time did you want to leave, Tina?” Pat’s mom asked and we both looked at them.

“As soon as we can get the men’s attention,” my mom said and Pat’s mom giggled, “Maggie, go find your brother.”

“Uh,” I looked around the room and found him leaning against the wall with Emma; they were laughing at something, “Found them!” I stood high on my tiptoes, leaning against Pat so I didn’t fall and waved my arm to get his attention and then waved him over.

“You could have went over there,” Pat smirked.

“That would require me to walk over there,” I said and he snorted.

“Lazy,” he said and I giggled and stuck my tongue out at him.

-Kane-
My family and Maggie’s family ended up going out to dinner together and I was happy and nervous about this because it was funny how they got along so well without Maggie and I introducing them to each other. However, I was a little worried because Mike and Maggie told us that the men in their family could be a little overprotective and Mike was the gentler one of the men, and I’ve seen him fight, it’s painful to look, I didn’t want her dad to kill me, he kept looking at me throughout the night.

“Maybe sitting next to you wasn’t a good idea,” I whispered into Maggie’s ear and she looked at me, “If looks could kill your dad would have murdered me like five times already,” I said and she giggled, “Oh, I’m glad you find this funny,” I smirked and I felt her hand on my leg and gave me a smirk with a twinkle in her eye.

“He’s harmless since we’re out in public,” she said and I scoffed and shook my head with a smirk on my face.

“So when we’re not in public I’d be dead?” I asked and then gulped when I felt her hand move up my leg.

“Not before I had my way with you,” she breathed into my ear and I placed my hand on top of hers and looked at her, because she was moving her hand higher.

“Are you drunk?” I chuckled and looked at the glasses in front of her.

“Maybe a little,” she giggled.

“So how many drinks do I have to give you to get you frisky like this?” I chuckled and she smirked at me and shrugged her shoulders. I felt a twitch under my pants and tried to think of something else because I didn’t need to embarrass myself in front of my parents, let alone her parents.

“I think we need to get out of here,” she giggled and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

‘…Oh man, the things this girl does to me…’ I thought and looked around the table, happy to see everyone engrossed in their own conversations, ‘…We do need to get out of here…’