Status: I wrote this 5 years ago, I'm posting it now because it is one of my favorite things I ever wrote.

A Life Better Than Reality Lies in My Dreams

The little things.

When we were paying for the check my phone started ringing. "Hello?” I answered. "Hey where are you guys?” Amber asked from the other end. "Oh we just got done eating and now we are about to go back to the hotel. Where are you?" I said as we walked out to the car. "At the hotel. We want to go down to the beach and hang out. Call Eryka and Syn too it's just going to be the couples." She replied. "They're with us right now, but I'll relay the message. We'll be there in a few." "'Kay bye." I hung up the phone and told the group what was going on. When we walked in the room Amber and Matt were out on the balcony. "Hey guys!" Syn said making them turn and face us. Syn and Eryka went out and started talking to them. Zacky and I were following when I had a realization. I grabbed Zacky's arm and looked at him anxiously. "What about my surprise?" I asked. He smiled and kissed my cheek, brushed his lips up to my ear and whispered, "Soon." I couldn't resist the urge of kissing him. "Ahem." Matt cleared his throat as he walked in the room. We stopped kissing and turned to him. "Well if you two are done then let's get this show on the road." He finished with everyone walking in the room behind him. We walked down a path behind the hotel that led to the beach. Amber and Matt had brought a cooler full of drinks and a blanket for us all to sit on. "We talked to the guys today." Eryka said to Amber when we all got settled. "Yeah? What did they have to say?" Amber asked grabbing a soda out of the cooler. "They were really excited about the possibility of going on tour with All Time Low, and pretty psyched they got to talk to Syn and Zacky here." I answered laughing and settling myself in between Zacky's legs. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me on the cheek.

We sat and shared our stories of our life with NST. We talked about going to shows and the guys being in a battle of the bands competition. We talked about all of girlfriends that have come and gone and how much drama most of them caused. They guys just listened and laughed. "You know that's really how we started out." Matt said lying on his side and propping himself up with his elbow. I smiled and looked down and my soda. "I tell them that all the time. I remind them that these are the steps we have to take to get where we want." Zacky grabbed my chin making me look at him. "Well you've gotten them a great opportunity here kid. Take it." I smiled at him. He let go of my face and I leaned my head back against his chest feeling very accomplished. "Wonder what the guys are up to?" Syn said looking down at his phone. "Probably getting ready to hit up a strip joint. Jimmy doesn't joke around about going, when he said it he meant it!" Matt said laughing. "Yeah and you know Johnny is saying, "I'm going to hook up with the hottest bitch there!'" Zacky said doing an imitation of Johnny. Everyone laughed and agreed. We all gradually got quiet and watched the sunset. Matt had his arm around Amber's shoulder and she was snuggled against his chest. Syn and Eryka were looking at each other smiling not talking. He brushed his hand along her cheek and kissed her. I stayed sitting with my head resting against Zacky's chest. He ran both of his hands down the length of my arms to my hands lacing his fingers with mine. He laid his head against mine after kissing the top of it.

After the sun went down we got up and gathered the blanket and cooler. When we got to the hotel Amber, Matt, Syn and Eryka said bye and headed for their cars. Zacky and I got to the door of my room and he stopped and faced me. "So you ready for the surprise?" I laughed, "Yeah. So the big surprise was sleeping with me? Zacky we've done that twice already." He smiled at me slyly and took the key card out of my hand. "Close your eyes." He said before opening the door. I did as I was told and wondered what could possibly be on the other side of the door. Zacky slowly lead me to what I felt was the middle of the room and stopped. "Ok. Open your eyes." He said with excitement in his voice. I opened my eyes and couldn't believe what I saw. The bed was covered with rose petals and there were candles spread throughout the room. On the entertainment system, the in table between the beds, even out on the balcony railing. I just looked around in shock. I turned to face Zacky finally and only managed to ask "How?" He laughed and said. "Last night when I came to get you I talked to the front desk and set it up. Amber and Matt asked us to go to the beach so they could do this." "So everyone was in on it?" I asked. "No, Eryka and Syn had no clue." We both laughed and then he kissed me. "Ok. There is one more thing." He said breaking the kiss and sitting me down on the bed. He reached under Amber's bed and pulled out an acoustic guitar. My eyes widened with shock and he said, "Like I said, Matt and Amber were in on it." He sat on Amber's bed in front of me. "Now I know Matt's the singer but I do sing a little. I'm not saying it's good and that's why I'm back up, but I do want to sing for you." He started playing 'Seize the Day'. He stared into my eyes while he sang. I swayed to the music and never broke his gaze. When he was finished I said, "That was amazing." "I'm really glad you liked it." He said laying the guitar down and sitting beside me on the bed. He took both of my hands in his. "I just wanted to do something to show you that you are special to me. To let you know I really care about you and that you are more than a one night stand to me." He said looking into my eyes. "Well let me show you how much that means to me." I said with a devilish smile spreading across my face while pulling him on top of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is too short. Posting the next one. :D