Status: Changing alot as I go along but comment and give feedback and suggestions. :) <3

You Found Me

The Decision Has Made Itself

It was the dreary morning of a night of terrible events; I stood by a tree with Savannah digging up some graves for the two we lost last night. The little girl and her father, I barely knew them but I knew that they were innocent people and this didn’t need to happen to them. I wish it hadn’t.

“I’ve been thinking Savannah…” I started saying as I was digging.

“What about?” She asked wiping her face looking up from the hole she was digging.

“Maybe we should, you know... Find somewhere else to stay?” I said turning to her with a serious look on my face.

“Why do you say that?” She asked. “I think this place is pretty safe, those were the first creatures to invade our campsite in over two weeks. We’ll be okay.”

“Yeah maybe, I don’t know I just have this growing feeling that we should leave before things get worse. I’ll bring it up to the others later after we have our funeral service.” I continued digging with that thought in my mind, I couldn’t bear to lose anyone else.

This life was now all about losing people, and holding on to what you have at that moment. I was afraid to stay in one place for so long. Fearful of a heard coming through at any moment and having to pack up and leave without any thought. Life no longer seemed to exist. Survival was most important, like having food, water, shelter. Anything else wasn’t important anymore. All the money I had earned was no longer an object; I would probably never get to live my dreams going to school. Life seemed bleak and no longer worth living.

A few moments later the group gathered around the graves we had dug for young Nina and her
father Jerry.

“Where’s Sasha?” Asked my brother looking around for her, clearly she should be there to say her final goodbyes to her husband and her little girl.

“She’s in the trailer with George do you want me to go get her and tell her were ready to start?” I asked getting ready to go there.

“Yes please do, this is for her. She needs the closure, please hurry.” He said back to me as I started running back towards the trailer.

I opened the door and saw her sitting next to George changing his bandages on the stump were we amputated his arm. He was still bleeding from the wound but quite a lot less. He seemed to be doing quite well for just having his arm amputated.

“Are you coming Sasha?” I asked her.

“Someone needs to stay with George, and I was thinking of saying my goodbyes on my own later. Something I need to do. Thank you though for coming to get me.” She said playing with her fingers.

“You should go dear, I will be fine.” Said George turning towards her.

“I guess I will, will you be alright on your own?” She asked him.

“I’m sure I’ll be fine, if I need anything I will holler for you.” He said reaching up and kissing her on the cheek gently.

We walked out of the trailer and over to where the group was standing in silence and stood by the two graves. I put my arm around Sasha’s shoulders gently and saw a few tears fall from her eyes.
My brother and his friend Roger put the two bodies into the ground and buried them, Sasha fell to her feet just as the last bit of dirt was thrown over her daughter’s body.
She was in hysterics and I tried to calm her down but she pushed me away and ran back to the trailer screaming and crying.

“Should just leave her for a while, I’ll go talk to her later.” Savannah said.

“You know I’ve been thinking guys…..” I trailed off distantly.

“What now?” My brother rudely snarled back.

“She was thinking that maybe we should, pack up and leave and find a more secure place to stay.
This place could be overrun any time now. We’ve already lost two people; I don’t want to lose more
to those….things.” Piped up Savannah.

“Where in the hell would we go?!” Shouted my brother, kicking at the dirt on the ground. “There’s nowhere to go anywhere. We are in the middle of fucking nowhere. We have hardly any food, hardly any gas. Where the fuck do we go?”

I sat on the ground and tried to clear my head the best I could and come up with places we could head to. I didn’t want the group to spilt up, but I wanted to leave. If I had to go alone, I would. There was no way I was going to stay here just waiting for someone else to die. There had to be somewhere safe, along the road somewhere. I had to find it, and my brother sure was not the one to be helping the decisions being made here.

“Are you going to leave? If we it’s decided that we all go?” I asked my brother calmly hoping he wouldn’t blow up again.

“We better think fast!!!” Screamed Savannah pointing over to the forest as about 20 or so creatures ran hungrily into our camp.

They seemed to have come out of nowhere, stumbling into our camp and heading towards anything living.

“Everybody get your guns and start shooting!!” Yelled my brother heading over to where the guns where.

“Get the children in the trailer!!” I shouted at Savannah who was going to grab a gun.

Everyone else in the camp was freaking out and running in all different directions as I stood there not knowing what to do. I needed to get out of here, but I needed to clear the camp first to keep everyone safe.

I took out my gun and began shooting all of the creatures that I could, they fell down to the ground but more seemed to come along from the noise.

“THERE’S TOO MANY OF THEM FOR US TO TAKE ON!!” I heard my brother scream as he was shooting them.

“We got this, we got this!” I heard Savannah shout from behind a tree.

Minutes passed which felt like hours and they seemed to double and double. Worst yet, it was only me, my brother, Savannah, Leanne and my brother’s friend Roger shooting them everyone else was in the trailer or packing their things and running off. We already lost half our camp, fucking cowards I thought to myself.

“I’m out of bullets!” Shouted Le-Anne who started freaking out.

“Run to my tent! Grab another gun, HURRY!” My brother shouted to her.

She ran off in the direction towards the tents, and came out with a new gun and started shooting at
the other creatures coming at her.

There were mobs and mobs of them running through the forest to our camp; we needed to get out of there now, before they killed everyone. There was way too many of them and not very many of us.
One of the children walked out of the trailer screaming and ran straight into the arms one of the creatures who proceeded to tear the child into shreds, and all the other creatures surrounded the poor child and feasted on its remains as she screamed and screamed until she was gone.
Her mother who was in hysterics ran towards them shot at the creatures who were devouring her 6 year old daughter, and as she shot the last one a creature came from behind and went to bite her in the neck, but I had shot it and it fell to the ground before it got a chance to take a bite out of her as well.

“Oh thank you, thank you for saving me!” She screamed at me standing there in shock. “My daughter, they, ate her…they got her. What do we do?!”

“We can’t stay here. We got to go, we got to go now.” I said taking her hand and leading her towards the vehicles.

“BUT WAIT OUR STUFF!!” Savannah shouted.

“Theres no time for that, grab a bag and let’s get going!” I said opening the door to one of the cars that we stole off the highway many weeks ago.

I shot and shot at the creatures as I ran into the tent to quickly grab my bag and a blanket, we would have to come back for everything else one day when the mob of creatures finally passes through. For now there was too many to take on and pack at the same time.
I threw my bag into the trunk of the car and got in the driver’s seat and made sure Savannah, Leanne, My brother, and Rachael the mother of the young girl were ready to go.

“But what about the others?!” Screamed Le-Anne.

“There on their own now.” I said starting up the vehicle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are getting crazy at this camp, Sarah was right and she knew they should have left sooner. Now hopefully they can all make it out of this situation. Without being bit.

Update: I had combined chapter 7 and 8 together as chapter 8 was rather short. I hope its better now.