Status: Comments equal updates! The more, the merrier

Remembering Sunday

The Truth Comes Out

**Jack's POV**
I leaned with my back against the humongous oak tree that towered up to Wednesday's second story window. I looked up and took in the beautiful, snow covered branches that sparkled from the light streaming from the window. The moon shone above, casting an eerie light over the yard and neighboring houses as it glittered off the snow.
Winter was my favorite season, it was so beautiful.
My shoes were soaked from trudging through sixteen blocks of snow to Wednesday's house and my fingers were numb from the chilly Baltimore breeze.
I reached into my pocket and pulled out a handful of rainbow colored rocks I had taken from my fish tank because they were small and wouldn't break the window. And I wouldn't have to dig through six inches of snow to the frozen ground.
I began throwing them up at the window, hearing the "tink" against the glass and watched them fall against the snow.
It took about five minutes before her head popped out of the window.
"Jack, what are you doing? You have any idea what time it is?" she harshly whispered.
"I'm throwing rocks at your window," I whispered back. "Can I come up? It's cold..."
"Whatever," she replied and disappeared.
I began to climb the oak, slipping a few times but making it up without dying. I couldn't tell you how many times I had done this before.
I climbed over the windowsill, took my shoes off and sat on her bed.
She sat against her head board, knees tucked to her chest. She looked as if she had been crying.
I scooted closer to her and grabbed her wrists, and pulled her into my lap.
"Jack I'm scared," she sobbed into my chest.
"Shhhhh... It'll be okay baby I promise," I whispered, rubbing her back.
"I'm going to die Jack. I'm never gonna graduate or go to prom or see Metallica or Avenged Sevenfold in concert. I won’t get to drink shamrock shakes from McDonalds anymore or eat their sausage Mcgriddles. You can’t listen to music when you’re dead! I'm never going to get married or have kids. I'm gonna die a virgin," she rambled on and on but I stopped listening. I turned her toward me and stared into her beautiful green eyes.
I had sat here and tried to save her from life. I’d watched people bully her and stupid guys use her over and over again. I watched her slowly get beaten down and defeated. I had beaten up too many guys to let this stupid disease defeat her. I realized that she needed a super hero and I was going to be the one.
I couldn't take it anymore.
I leaned forward and crushed my lips against hers, extinguishing her words and calming her tears. She went stiff in my embrace but soon relaxed, leaning into the kiss and kissing me back. I pulled her onto my lap and she wrapped her arms around my neck.
My face was a little wet form her tears but I didn’t care. I was finally kissing the girl I’ve been in love with since third grade, and my best friend since second.
I pulled away and stared into her deep green eyes, waiting for her to say something.
“I’ve wanted to do that for ever,”she admitted, her pale cheeks flushing a bright red.
“Me too.” I chuckled.
“So, what does this mean?” she asked.
“Well, what do you think it means?”
“I don’t know,” she shrugged.
“I want to be your hero, Wednesday. I'm going to be here to hold your hand through everything. No matter what happens, I will always be by your side, good times and bad.” I explained.
“Jack, this isn’t going to be a pretty journey...” She sighed. “They don’t even know if I'm going to survive the chemo.”
“I do. You’re one helluva strong woman, Wednes.”
“Why do you sound so sure? Don’t lie to yourself Jack.”
“I'm not, but you might be.”
She shrugged and looked down at the bed spread, her fingers mindlessly playing with a string.
“I'm sorry about the whole, Stephanie thing...” She muttered. “I don’t know what came over me.”
“S’okay. I would’ve done the same thing, I guess,” I replied.
My ears tuned into the music she had playing in the back ground, picking out the cheery chords of “All I Want” by A Day To Remember. I pulled her into my lap again and laid down facing her. I began to softly sing the song to her, bringing my hand up to wipe the dried tears from her face and further smear the runny mascara.
“Jack?”
“Hmm?”
“Can I tell you something?”
“Anything.”
“I- I think I love you.”
Her words took my breath away. I stared at her, a dumbfounded look on my face and my mouth hanging open.
“I’ve been feeling this way for a while,” she explained.
For ten years I’d been stuck in the friend zone and she was just now telling me this?
“Well?” She looked at me quizzically.
“I’ve felt the same way since third grade,” I whispered.
“I never thought you would admit it,” she giggled.
I pulled her to me. She snuggled her nose into my neck. Her breath was soft and steady, giving my goose bumps and sending chills down my back.
I hummed along with the music in the back ground until I felt her breathing slow down and her eyes close. She began to lightly snore.
“G’night Wednesday,” I whispered and closed my eyes, soon falling asleep with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo... Tell me what you think?
Special thank you to my 8 subscribers!!