Status: In Process

Maybe Fate?

Chapter 2

It took me a second to reply, “thank you.” I turn to see Hope whose mouth is dropped wide open. “Oh my Gosh!” she says. “I know who you are.” Josh just laughs. Hope’s face turns red realizing see just made a fool of herself. I look at them both for a second then hop down from the mat and walk to the middle of the floor. I mean yes it’s definitely a shock when someone you’ve seen on your tv is standing in front of you, but when you really think about it, what’s the big deal? But then again I do wonder what he would be doing here in South Carolina, completely the opposite side of the country of LA.

Our coach then comes out of the lobby. “Danielle! Hope! Come over here please!” she yells. Hope and I walk over to her and Josh. “I’m guessing you both know who this is.” she says. Hope and I just nod. “Okay well Josh here will be shooting some new action movie and he needs some training to get him ready for the role, so he will be working with us for the next couple weeks. Hope will you come with me to bars, I wanna work your routine. Danielle will you please stretch with Josh and then head over to tumble track?” she asks. “Sure.” I say back. My coach and Hope head over to the bars while I walk to the middle of the floor, with Josh following behind me.

I sit down and Josh does the same. “So, what are we doing?” he asks. “Stretch our straddles.” I push my legs open and bring my stomach to the ground. “Wow, you’re flexible.” Josh attempts to go flat down but only makes it half way. “So you’re Danielle, right?” he asks. I nod my head. We sit in silence for a couple seconds and I sit up and start rolling out my wrists and ankles. Josh quickly follows.

“I have one questions.” I say. He looks up at me, “shoot.” “Why are you here in South Carolina training when you probably have a personal trainer back in LA?” I ask. “Well I also wanted a break, from all the fame and crap. I just needed to relax. South Carolina seemed good to me.” he responds. I nod and then stand up and head over to tumble track.

There are two of the cheer kids in front of us practicing some stunts. “So how old are you?” he ask. “14, you?” “21, so what are gonna do here?” he asks. “Flip, do whatever feels comfortable.” It’s my turn and I’ve been wanting to get my Roundoff, backhandspring, back tuck, so why not throw it. Mid way back tuck I lose all sense of where I am and completely land wrong on my ankle. I let out a small scream. “Crap!” I yell. My coach, Hope, and Josh come towards me. “Are you okay?” “Do you need some ice?” I’m getting questions from everywhere. “I’m fine! I just need to walk it off.” I scream back. I get up and walk out to the lobby towards the water fountain. Once I look back up from taking a drink, Josh is standing beside me.

“Are you sure you’re okay, that fall didn’t look so good.” he asks. “I’m fine.” I said back. He turned to walk away. “Wait!” I yell, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to blow up like that, it’s just I don’t always need someone asking if I need help everytime I fall, I don’t need people to care about me that much. And I know that sounds weird, but…” I trail off. “I get it, everytime I look like I have the tiniest bit of pain in my body everyone rushes towards me. It makes me sick. I can take care of myself.” he says. “Exactly.”

I agree with him. Josh and I head back into the gym and I apologize to my coach. Once everything’s settled I head to bars while Hope goes over with Josh on tumble track. I complete my routine effortlessly. Bars is my event. I love the feeling of flying through the air. When I land I see Josh and Hope pointing at me and smiling. What big embarrassing secret could Hope have told now?

At the end of gymnastics my coach called me, Hope, and Josh over. “Okay Hope and Danielle great job on your bar routines next week we will work beam and Josh we will continue back tuck and back handspring work next week.” All of us nod and head out the door. On the way out the door Josh touched by arm. “Yes.” I say as I turn around. “It was nice to meet you Danielle, see you next week.” “See ya.” I say and walk outside. Hope stares at me with big eyes. “Oooooohhhhhhh,” she says, “I think someone’s got a crush on you.” “Oh come on he’s 21 and probably got a girlfriend back home.” I roll my eyes and hop into her moms car. As soon as we shut the door Hope starts talking about the whole Josh Hutcherson situation. I sit back in my seat and stare out the window recalling all the events that happened that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here is the second chapter which I know no one as read. But if one day I do get readers, ENJOY!