Status: This is my first fanfic ever. Any nice constructive criticism is appreciated :)

I Can Love You More Than This

Chapter 5

Walking back into work on Monday wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. I had spent the previous day with Louis, after we both fell asleep on my couch. We just spent the day watching movies and eating junk food until he eventually needed to go home. I was still feeling pretty badly about everything with Zach, but having someone there who seemed extremely intent on keeping me happy really helped to raise my spirits.

I told Lane what happened, and was pleasantly surprised when she didn’t once say “I told you so.” She did, however, go on and on about how I needed to date Louis.

“I just got out of a relationship, and now you’re expecting me just to jump right into another one? You’re ridiculous.”

“I’m just saying, it’s obvious he likes you, and I have a good feeling about him.”

“It is not obvious. Just because he stayed with me and comforted me doesn’t mean anything. All it means is that he’s a good guy who was looking out for a friend.”

“Uh huh, whatever you sayyy” she said, walking away to go back to work.

“She is unbelieveable” I thought.

“Today is the worst day ”

I texted Louis, hoping that he would say he and the guys were coming in for lunch. I needed some perking up.

“Why, love, what’s wrong?” he responded within seconds

“Oh, I have to work until close now because one of the guys’ car broke down and he can’t make it in.”

“I’m sorry, love. I wish I could make you feel better, but unfortunately me and the guys are also stuck at work all day. We’ll see you tomorrow though?” I smiled, and told him he most definitely would. Maybe I could consider giving Louis a chance after all. After I’ve had some more time, of course.

“No, really, it’s ok, I’ll just finish up these few things then I’ll head out, its fine.” I told my coworker, Josh, convincing him to leave ahead of me. My 14 hour shift was finally ending, and I could tell Josh was tired too.

“Ok, I just feel bad leaving you alone here, even if it’s only for a bit.” He said. I convinced him to leave anyway, and then 10 minutes later I was getting ready to leave too. I walked out, and saw that my car was the only one in the parking lot. I started walking to it, when I heard a familiar voice.

“Hey, babe.” Zach said. I turned around.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, beginning to get angry.

“I just wanted to talk; you haven’t answered any of my calls or texts.” He had tried to call me at least 20 times in the past 2 days, and he had sent even more text messages, but I ignored them all.

“Well did you ever think that maybe I just don’t want to talk to you? Besides, I told you, we’re over.” I said as I turned around and continued walking to my car.

“No, we’re not” He said, starting to sound angry. “You’re just pissy right now, and I get it, I screwed up big time. You just need a little time to get over it, and I get that, so let me take you out on that date I owe you.”

“Are you serious? We are definitely over. And I’m certainly not letting you take me anywhere. Now, please, I just got done working for 14 hours, I’m tired, and I can’t deal with you right now. You can text me tomorrow about getting your stuff back.” I said. We had finally reached my car, and I unlocked it and started to open the door when he grabbed me. He turned me around and tried to make me kiss him, but I slapped him across the face and tried to pull away from him. “Please, just leave me alone, I don’t want to be with you anymore.” I begged, still unable to get out of his grip.

“No” was all he said, before shoving me roughly into the back seat of my car.