Status: Re-writing! It'll be great, I promise you guys. :)

Just Hold On

Seven

“He is absolutely amazing, Dani.”

Stormy clouds adorned the dark sky with strong gusts of wind blowing heavily through the wooden stands that Danielle stood on, surrounding the Quidditch pitch. It was a bit chilly, but she didn’t let that bother her as she stared out into the mountains, clutching onto the timber rail.

“Who knew he could be so passionate and sweet?”

It was still really early in the morning since she was unable to sleep any further when she heard Rebecca sneak back into their dorm in the wee hours of the night. There were a lot of things she didn’t know about relationships or anything to do with them, but she wasn’t an idiot. She knew what had taken place between her best friend and the malice Slytherin she had grown accustomed to. Though Rebecca was very concise about the entire ordeal, it wasn’t hard to put the pieces together.

The Draco Malfoy actually gave me the time of day.”

Her eyebrows knitted together as she watched a group of third year boys make their way down the steep hill to the pitch with brooms in hand. Quidditch tryouts were today and she didn’t plan on trying out this year, but that quickly changed the moment she realized Rebecca wasn’t going to shut her mouth all morning so she needed a getaway. What was better than a valid excuse?

“He wanted to see me again tonight.”

Closing her eyes, she drew in a deep breath. This shouldn’t even be bothering her the slightest bit, but somehow; it did. She loosened her grip on the rail, folding her arms neatly atop it as she leaned forward.

“You’re up early,”

Easily recognizing the voice, she didn’t feel the need to turn around, “I’m always up early.” Hearing movement behind her, she suddenly felt a presence beside her.

“Are you watching?”

“Trying out,” she said quickly.

“We need to talk,”

Danielle finally turned her head; her vibrant eyes meeting icy, stoic ones. “What about?”

“Rebecca and I,” he pulled his eyes away from her, gazing down at the third years practicing their techniques. “I – Whatever she told –

“She didn’t have to tell me,” Danielle rudely cut him off, her grasp tightening once more over the wooden rail. “I’m no fool, Draco.”

“I never said you were,” he defended.

“Then why are we even talking about this?” Danielle choked ever so lightly, hoping he didn’t catch it. “It’s none of my concern or business to know what goes on with you and Becca.”

There was a long silence between them. She almost thought he had left, until she heard a sigh escape his lips finally, “So you and Blaise.”

“Mhm,” she hummed, brushing a few strands of hair behind her ear.

“When did that even happen?”

“Blaise is a very sweet gentlemen,” she commented, “He was in the library one evening and we got to studying together.” Her eyes averted to Draco, who looked ghastly pale since last she saw him. Without even thinking, she reached a small hand out, brushing his cheek softly, “What happened to you?”

“What do you mean?”

Letting her hand fall limp to her side, she pursed her lips, “I haven’t seen you at all this week. At least since the first day of classes.” She spoke with a smoother tone.

His voice was low this time, “I’ve been busy.”

“Obviously,” she rolled her eyes, facing forward once more. Her eyes narrowed the moment she saw a familiar figure heading down the grassy hill from the castle with a group of students dressed in the same robes she was. Cole immediately spotted her, waving his hand in the air as to motion for her to come join.

“I guess that’s your cue,” Draco said blankly.

She pulled away from the rail, “I suppose so.” Before she could get in two steps pass him, his hand quickly reached out, grabbing ahold of her arm. Her blue eyes met his and they just stood there, staring at one another. A drop of water hit her shoulder, followed by another one, and several more seconds after. It soon began to downpour, but she just continued to stand there, letting Draco hold her in place.

“I…” he trailed off, eyebrows furrowing together. “I – um…”

She tilted her head in confusion at his sudden hesitation. “What?”

He sighed, letting go of her arm. “Good luck.”

Danielle pressed her lips together, suddenly feeling a wave of disappoint as she simply nodded her head, swiveling around on her heel, hurriedly descending the steps till she was on ground level.

“Okay, so, despite the rain…” Cole began, his voice firm and confident, “We’re still going to hold tryouts. “Who’s trying out for Keeper?” A lanky redhead boy stepped forward as well as another short, well-built one with golden blonde hair. Cole gave a short nod of approval before turning to Danielle, Roger Davies, and Randolph Burrow, “Chasers, take your position.”

Tryouts had gone on for an hour and half due to the rain pouring down harsher than before so as Cole blew the whistle, signaling the end of practice; Danielle hopped off her broom, observing the deep gash on her arm with blood dripping from it.

“Those third years sure know how to get nasty,” she murmured, stopping right in front of Cole who gave a low chuckle. “Great tryouts, captain.” She smiled, “I’ll see you in the common room?”

He nodded, “Make sure to stop by the Hospital Wing to get that looked at.”

“Sure thing,”

Trudging her way up the muddy hill, she entered the Great Hall soaking wet, lifting her uninjured arm to pull the elastic band out of her hair.

“Amia,”

Danielle turned her head, cracking a small smile when she saw Draco strolling towards her looking ever so handsome in his black suit, “How’d you manage to remain completely dry?”

“Magic,” he smirked, stopping really close to her. His smirk soon faltered the moment he saw the gash across her arm, “Are you okay?” His voice was full of utter concern.

“I’m fine,” she answered truthfully, even though it was stinging slightly, “Got nudged against a piece of wood sticking out from the stands by a third year. Nasty little buggers they are.” She laughed weakly.

“Come on,” he was careful not to put too much pressure on her arm as he led her towards the dungeons, successfully reaching the common room without anyone noticing her.

“Why am I down here?” She whispered, taking in the dim lighting and dark feautures of the Slytherin common room, not quite used to it in comparison with the brightly lit Ravenclaw tower. Draco didn’t answer her, but only continued to pull her up the small, winding staircase that led to what she assumed to be the boys’ dormitory until they stopped in front of a certain door.

Draco twisted around to face her with that infamous Malfoy smirk, “Welcome to my room.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooohhhhhhh what's gonna happen, y'all?

Thank you to MoMo_92, kayyish, Zombiexlollipop, and Justice Reader for commenting and to everyone who has recommended/subscribed.
Seriously, you guys sure know how to make my heart get all fuzzy and warm.
Let me know your thoughts, guys! x

Image