Dreams Only Last for the Night.

Home is where the heart is.

We pulled into the Evant square at about 2 the next afternoon, it was the only place big enough to park the bus for the night. "A day off finally, and we are spending it in the Boonies." Rian joked as we came to a stop. "I promise to show you a good time...the boonies aren't as boring as they seem." I smiled. The guys pulled up in the van as we filed off the bus. "This is it?" Zack asked scratching the back of his head. I laughed and nodded. "Good 'Ol Evant Texas. Population 425. So small, if you blink you'll miss it!" Alex came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I believe it." He smirked looking around. We parked facing the east side of the square where the bank was, to the south was the school and the feed stores, across highway 281 to the west were the empty antique stores, and north of the square was the only little store we had except for the two gas stations down the road. We had become a spectacle of a few store patrons. I waved, recognizing a few people instantly. You don't grow up in such a small town without knowing practically everyone. "My mom's on her way to get us." Chance said somberly looking at all of us. I walked up to Stefanie first and gave her a hug. "Call me when you find out what you are having, and when the baby shower is." I turned to Chance and tears started to brim in my eyes. "Don't start. I don't want to look like a sissy crying in front of all these dudes because of you." He whispered as he hugged me. We stayed in an embrace for a moment and when I pulled away he smiled and said, "I'll be there tomorrow to watch you guys, it's going to be great." Just then his mom pulled up and he and Stef loaded their things and left. "Well I guess that's that." John said watching the car roll out of sight.

Everyone's ride came, and soon it looked like there was a big town gathering on the square. A few people came over from the store, one being my best friend Brenna. "APRIL!" She shouted as she exited the store her parents owned. "I thought that was you...You are on tour, that is CRAZY!" She squealed excitedly as she hugged me. "I know! I still don't believe it." I smiled. Alex walked up beside me and smiled at Brenna. "Oh this is my boyfriend, Alex." "Lead singer of All Time Low Alex?" She asked with a dropped jaw. He flashed his signature sideways grin and nodded. "This is Brenna, she's like my little sister." "Nice to meet you." He said shaking her hand. "So we are hanging out at Ryan's tonight...kinda like a welcome home party for ourselves, you should come." I said as my little brother, Doug, pulled up in my tan colored Pontiac Sun Fire. Brenna nodded and said, "Well I better get back to work before mom gets mad." We said goodbye and then I ran over and grabbed my brother in a huge hug. "I missed you Bubba!" I said. He smiled and pulled away from me because he didn't like hugging me in public. "You want to meet All Time Low?" I asked beaming. "Sure. I'm going to say hey to the guys first." Only Ryan, Papa, and Michael were still standing next to the van. "So what's the plan, Stan?" Jack asked as I walked back towards the bus. "Well first we are going to my house, then to the liquor store and to Ryan's to party.” ”I like that plan." He smiled and ran onto the bus.

I drove Alex, Jack, Rian, and Zack in my car while Doug, Ryan, Papa, and Michael rode in the van. I jumped out and ran into my mother's awaiting arms. "Hi!" I said excitedly kissing her cheek. "How are you? I missed you." She said trying to not cry. I held back tears as I hugged her again. I noticed that my step-dad's truck was missing. "Where's Bob?" I asked. "Down at the shop making a big dinner for everyone." She paused and looked over the boys and smiled at them. "I hope you like steak." She called out. "Uh who doesn't love steak?!" Zack said, earning a laugh from everyone. "Mom, these are the boys of All Time Low. Zack, Rian, Jack." I said pointing to each one and they held up their hands in a small wave. "And this," I said as Alex walked up to the step I was standing on. "Is Alex Gaskarth, my boyfriend." I smiled at him. "Nice to meet you, all of you." We all started to walk inside and Ryan stopped in front of my mom and said, "I'm Ryan, from No Such Thing." My mom laughed and said, "I know who you are silly." Then they hugged. I gave the guys a tour of the house and saved my room for last. "Whoa that's a HUGE bed!" Jack said then ran and dove on to my king sized bed. "Oh My God! It's so comfortable! Please tell me this is where I'm sleeping!" He gave me a pouty face. I smiled and then looked over at Alex. "What do you think honey? Can Junior sleep in the bed with us tonight?" I smirked. Alex sat beside Jack on the bed. "Now son, mommies and daddies sometimes need alone time, and well...you are sleeping somewhere else tonight." We all laughed. "You can try out my bed Jack, it's pretty comfortable." Doug said. They walked into Doug's room and Jack yelled "THERE'S A 360 IN HERE!!!" All the guys followed the call leaving Alex and I alone. I closed the door then sauntered over to Alex, straddled him and pushed him back onto the bed. "Just think, we'll have this whole bed to roll around in." I kissed him deeply. He ran his hands under my shirt and up my back, turning the kiss into a make out session. There was a knock on the door and I knew instantly that I had exactly one second to jump off Alex before my mom walked in. Alex was left dazed as I jumped over to the other side of the bed just as my mom walked in. "Bob called and said it's ready." I smiled with a slight blush. My mom looked from me to Alex and smiled, knowing full well what we were trying to hide.

I introduced all the guys to my step-dad and my parent's friends when we arrived. We got our food and went outside to eat. Everyone had questions for the guys, which they answered humbly. After a while Zack and Rian were playing my step-dad and his friend Randy in a game of washers. Jack, Ryan, and Doug were inside playing pool while the rest of us sat outside talking. Alex and I sat holding hands just listening to everyone. My mom kept sneaking glances, which I caught, every few seconds. She leaned over and whispered in my ear, "He seems really nice. I'm happy you found someone." I beamed up at her and she kissed my cheek then walked inside to make herself another drink I looked at my phone and decided it was time to go to the beer store. "Jack you want to ride?" I asked as Alex and I walked through the building that my step-dad owned. It used to be a service station back in the day but now it was sort of a storage building/hang out for my parents and their friends. "Yeah." He said setting down the pool cue. "We'll be back soon, then it's straight to your house." I said to Ryan. As we drove out of town Alex asked, "Where are we going?" I smiled and said. "The nearest beer store is 15 miles away." "HOLEE SHEET!" Jack said in disbelief. "I see now why you aren't alcoholics....too far to get what you need!" He said making us laugh. "Well if you think that's bad, the nearest Taco Bell is 30 miles away in two different directions. So is a Wal-Mart." Alex and Jack were left speechless. "I don't know how you ever survived here babe." Alex said grabbing my hand. "I love it actually. You form bonds with people you remember for your whole life. Like how the guys and I became friends...and with all of our friends. We are just like a really big family." I smiled over at him. After almost buying out the liquor store, we headed back to Evant. We drove down the long road to Ryan's house. When I took a right instead of going up to the house, Alex looked at me. "We party at the studio. It's a little cinder block building where they've practiced for years." I explained. When we stopped Jack let out a laugh. "You weren't kidding when you said little! What's the measurements? 4x2?" I laughed we got out. Several of our friends were there and they helped bring in the booze. "What did you guys do? Buy the whole store?" Papa Zane asked with a laugh. "Almost man, almost." Alex grinned and handed him a bottle of Parrot Bay.

We hung out and drank, I made sure to stay decently sober so I could drive Alex and I home at least. One point in the night Rian was on drums, Jack was screaming, John on guitar, with Ryan singing. They played some NST songs and then Ryan had a go at one of their songs. "You are pretty good man, we might have to trade places one night." Alex said before taking a swig of his beer. The night went on like that. Finally at around 2 am I looked over at Alex and gave him a devilish grin. "Well boys, who's ever ridding I think it's time to go." He said standing up and grabbing my hand. Zack was passed out in one corner, Jack and Rian stumbled forward and out the door. Doug was waiting in his truck as another designated driver, and he helped Rian in as Jack climbed in the bed. "This is where I'm sleeping." He proclaimed and landed with a thud. I leaned over the side and kissed him on his head, "Sleep well Jackie B. I love you." "Hmm. I love you too April C." I laughed at his drunken nickname then got into my own car with Alex. Alex stared at me the whole way down Ryan's road. "What?" I asked finally. "I love you." He said simply and grabbed my hand and kissed it. "I love you." I replied with a grin.

After helping Doug get Jack and Rian to bed, Alex and I went into my room. Alex immediately stripped down to his boxers and jumped on the bed. "So?" He asked raising one eyebrow suggestively. "So?" I mocked his expression. "We gonna do this thing?" He asked. I laughed and rolled my eyes, "That was so romantic." I said sarcastically. Alex stood, walked towards me and put his hands on my hips. "You are the most beautiful girl, and I'm so happy you are mine." He said quietly before gently kissing my lips. "How was that for romantic?" He smiled into my neck. "Better." I said tilting my head back as Alex moved his lips down my neck and then brushed them against my collar bone. He brought his face up to mine and gently lifted my shirt over my head. I crashed my lips to his and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling my body closer to his. With our bodies pressed together we made our way to the bed. Alex fell back with me landing on top of him laughing. "You think that is funny?" Alex asked with a grin then he started tickling my sides. I squealed and then immediately held my breath to stop myself from being loud. "Alex stop! Oh my God. Stop!" I said in a loud whisper. We were both laughing then Alex stopped and kissed me. I looked up at him and smiled. We just looked at each other for a moment. I ran my fingers through the back of his hair. "I could live in this moment forever." He whispered then leaned towards me. "The best night of my life was that night in L.A. I may have not known it then, but I do now. I love you." I whispered against his lips. "I love you too." Alex said then pulled me on top of him.