Dreams Only Last for the Night.

California Dreamin

The butterflies in my stomach were now turning into boulders slamming against my sides as the plane started to land in LAX. I stood and grabbed my carryon luggage out of overhead and stared to walk off the plane. I got to the baggage claim when I heard two shrieks and turned to see Eryka and Amber running towards me. "OH MY GOD I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!" Amber yelled as she grabbed me in a hug. "Me too! You have to see mine and Syn's house!" Eryka jumped up and down excitedly. I smiled at my friends and hugged them both. "I missed you guys." We walked out to the car and headed to Eryka's house. "So how is the tour, how are the boys, is it weird between you and Alex?" Amber asked without taking a breath. I laughed. "Well the tour is great. The guys are awesome, it’s so amazing seeing them interact with the fans." I paused and looked out the window. "And you and Alex?" Amber persisted. I let out a sigh. "It's very complicated." I stopped again. Amber turned in her seat and Eryka looked at me from the rearview mirror. "He kissed me." They both gasped. "Several times. I think I'm starting to have feelings for him." "Is that why you are here? To tell Zacky in person?" Eryka asked. "No. We have a lot to talk about." "Yeah we know about him and Gina." Amber said. "You can stay with Syn and I if you don't want to say with him April." Eryka offered. "Yeah and Matt already said you are more than welcome to stay with us." I nodded. "I'll figure it out when we get there. How long are you here for Amber?" I asked changing the subject. "Well I got here a week ago, but my spring break officially starts tomorrow." She said then turned to me. "I'm probably moving here soon." She paused and looked down. "What is it?" I asked. "I'm also probably dropping out of school. Matt said he'd take care of me, and with me not being in school I can travel with them!" She explained. "If it's what you want then don't worry about it." I said encouragingly. After a while we finally pulled into Huntington Beach. "The boys are at practice so it'll be about an hour before they get back. I'm going to make dinner. Baked chicken, mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes." Eryka said. "I'm starving." I said as I sat on the oversized couch and stared at the amazing view of the city below and the ocean beyond that. Suddenly my phone rang, I smiled as I read the caller ID, Alex.

"Hey." I said quietly as I walked out to the back porch, earning glances from Amber and Eryka. "You miss me yet?" He asked. "Of course." I replied. "Then come back, you know who you love and its me." I laughed. "I wish it were that simple." Alex let out a sigh. "How long you staying?" He asked sadly. "Just a few days, I'll be back when you guys get to Nashville." I let out another laugh as Alex let out a groan. "Fine. Call me if you figure out you love me." "Ok. Bye." I said I hung up the phone and smiled as I walked into the kitchen. "Alex?" Amber asked curiously. I nodded. "Syn just called, they are on their way." Eryka said. My smile quickly faded and I felt sick to my stomach. "You ok? You're all pale." Eryka said coming to stand next to me. "Yeah. I'm just gonna go wash up." I walked upstairs and found the bathroom. I splashed my face with water and then stared at myself in the mirror. I took a deep breath and walked back down stairs. As I got half way down I saw Rev standing at the bottom of the stairs. "Well if it isn't Mr. Handsome his self." I said, he turned and I ran and jumped into his arms. "I missed you pretty lady." He said as he spun me around. After he let me go Jonny was the next in line for me to hug. Then Matt gave me a sideways hug because he had Amber under his other arm. Syn was in the kitchen with Eryka. "April! Hey girl!" He said as he grabbed me in a hug. I looked around at all the smiling faces and realized the one that I was most nervous about seeing was missing. "He's on the way. He had to stop at his house for something." Rev said as if reading my mind. I nodded and gave a small smile. We all went into the living room and everyone bombarded me with questions. I told them about the tour and how much fun the guys were having. I asked them about Europe and how their tour went.

"Dinner is ready." Eryka announced after a while. "I love coming over here!" Johnny said as he raced to the kitchen. I laughed. "Same old Johnny." Rev said rolling his eyes towards me. We were all chattering and laughing in the kitchen when suddenly a familiar pair of arms wrapped around my waist. "There is my lovely woman. I've missed you so much." Zacky whispered in my ear. I couldn't help but get goose bumps as his lip rings brushed against my ear. "Hi." I said quietly. The whole room was watching us. "That's it? 'Hi'?" Zacky asked as I turned to face him. I smiled weakly and pecked him on the lips. "I guess we have a lot to discuss." He said under his breath. We ate dinner and then settled into the living room, after a while Johnny and Rev got up to leave. "I'm happy your here April. We'll hang out tomorrow ok?" Rev said after giving me a hug. After they left Zacky looked at me. "You staying here or with me?" I looked at him and saw the pleading in his eyes. "Well you and I need to talk, so I'll come stay with you." I said hoping I wasn't going to regret my decision. Amber and Eryka gave me worried looks and I gave them reassuring smiles. "I'll see you guys tomorrow." I said as I followed Zacky out the door. When we got into the car my phone buzzed. It was a text from Eryka. "You need me you call and I'll be right over. Don't stay there if you don't want to."

Zacky and I pulled up to his house moments later. He helped me with my bags and held the door opened for me. I laughed and shook my head. "What?" He asked. "You sure are kissing ass." He shrugged with a smile. "I'm trying to get out of the dog house." Zacky started to head to the bedroom with my suitcase and I stopped him. "I don't think we need to be too hasty here. I mean I'm not ready for all that yet." "April, I'm just taking your bags into the bedroom." He protested. "Yeah but I'm not sure that's where I want to sleep, I mean... With you." He shook his head and then headed back up the stairs. "I do have guest rooms." He said with annoyance. I sat on the couch and waited for him to return. "You want anything to drink? Water, soda, vodka?" I thought seriously about the vodka and decided against it. "Water is fine." I answered and Zacky disappeared into the kitchen. When he sat beside me I let out a sigh. "April what is it? I mean you have been distant, you haven't even properly kissed me, and you are so tense." He said rubbing a hand across my shoulders. I tensed up and he dropped his hand and looked at me pointedly. "See." He said. "Well Zacky, I'm upset. I mean I thought you loved me and you ended up hooking up with your ex twice!" I said. "That time in Vegas doesn't count we just kissed then." He said. "Fine. Still how do I know you aren't doing anything behind my back?" I asked looking into his eyes. "If I was still messing around with Gina, don't you think your friends would have noticed?" I thought for a moment then decided he was right. "Ok." He took my hand in his and stared at them. "April, I care about you so much, if I didn't I wouldn't be fighting for our relationship right now. I messed up, I know that and I'm really sorry. I know I hurt you and I promise to never do it again ok?" I nodded my head. "Ok, then let’s get to the good stuff!" He said as he scooted closer to me. I held up a hand and said, "Wait." Zacky raised an eyebrow questioningly. I let out a sigh. "I'm really confused right now Zacky. I think I have feelings for Alex too." I watched his eyes intently as he thought about what I had just said. A sly grin crept along his face. "What?" I asked, confused by the response. "Well I'm just going to have to remind you why you love me then huh?" Before I could say anything Zacky crashed his lips to mine and forced me down onto the couch. His hands ran up my sides and slipped under my shirt. I instinctively tangled my hand in his hair. When he moved to my neck I starred up at the ceiling. I wasn't getting the feeling I was supposed to, no butterflies, no goose bumps, nothing. "Wait." I said. Zacky brought his face back up to mine. "What?" He asked breathlessly. "I...I.." I stammered trying to think of an excuse. "I'm not ready yet. It just doesn't feel right. Maybe if we just sleep in the same bed tonight I'll be ready tomorrow." He let out a defeated sigh and rolled off me. "Alright. Let's go." We walked up to the room and I changed into my black shorts and over sized All Time Low shirt I got from the tour. "No." Zacky said when I walked in from the bathroom. "What?" I said looking down at myself. "Not that shirt, please." He turned and rummaged through his dresser for a moment then tossed me a white 'Vengeance University' shirt. I turned my back to him and switched shirts. "Oh man you are killing me." He said as I pulled the new shirt on. I just smirked and shook my head. He pulled back the covers and I crawled in with him right behind me. I had my back to him and we were still for a moment. When he realized I wasn't turning towards him, Zacky let out another sigh and rolled over. When I heard the heaviness of his breathing, signaling he was asleep, I turned onto my back and stared at the celling. I was lost in thought about what I was going to do when finally my eyes shut and I fell asleep.