So Long and Good Night

The Best and Worst Day Ever

GERARD'S P.O.V

I watched as Frankie dropped down to one knee. There were tears lacing the underside of his eyes as the words tumbled nervously from his mouth. All I could manage to do was smile as the ring box appeared in his hand.

I felt the tears burning behind my eyes as my hand shot up in an attempt at silencing the sobs soon to escape.

"Will you marry me?" He finally asked. I felt myself nodding without even thinking about it. And frankly, I didn't need to think about it.

"Y-Yes!" I choked out through my fingers. "Yes yes yes yes yes!"

The smile on his face grew ear to ear as he rose and took the band from the box. I held out my left hand as he slipped in onto my ring finger. It was a perfect fit.

I let one last quiet sob of joy escape my lips as I practically jumped into his arms. I wrapped mine tightly around his neck as his locked around my chest. I let my face sink down into the crook of his neck as he gently swayed from side to side.

***

"Y'know." Frankie said breaking the silence as we walked from the chapel and onto the street. "I had the slightest feeling that you weren't going to say yes."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I don't know why either." He sighed, looking down at his feet as we walked.

"Frankie, I didn't even have to think about saying yes let alone deciding between yes and no. I love you with everything I've got and I want to be with you forever--." I cut myself off.

Forever hung in my mind as I looked away. I can't be with him forever. My body is killing itself and unless we can live a life time in a half of a year, Frank will have to continue our forever while I'm incased in Mahogany six feet under the ground.

"What is it babe?" Franks concern smothered voice asked.

"Oh..n-nothing." I lied. Fuck I needed to stop that. I watched him out of the corner of my eye as he looked down once again.

We walked in silence back to the hotel. We walked into the lobby in silence, we rode the elevator in silence and we entered our room in fucking silence. Luckily, he finally broke it.

"So, I'm getting kinda hungry and there is a restaurant downstairs. Would you maybe wanna go eat?" Frank asked, sitting down next to me on the bed.

"Sure." I sighed as my stomach decided to agree as well. I leaned in and planted a quick kiss to Frank's cheek before rising off the bed and walking into the bathroom.

I reached over and turned the water in the very small shower on before looking in the mirror. I then looked down at my hand and I couldn't help but smile at the gold gracing my finger.

"I can't believe it." I whispered to myself. "I can't believe I'm engaged to the best man on earth." I sighed through one last smile before stripping down and stepping into the stream of warm water.

I quickly got myself bathed and out of the bathroom to see Frank laying on the bed in a button down and skinnys. I simply smiled to myself and walked over to my bag to rummage through for some presentable articles of clothing. I finally decided on a pair of black skinny jeans and a plain black tee shirt.

"So, are we going to start planning a wedding anytime soon?" I asked, dropping the towel that was around my waist and pulling on a pair of boxers.

Frank looked over to me and smirked. "Well, I was thinking about going back to that chapel and just getting married there before we leave."

"That actually doesn't sown like a bad idea. Because I don't know the first thing about weddings and I don't think the Catholic church would be too happy with providing a ceremony for two men." I chuckled, buckling up my belt.

"Yeah, you're probably right. Well, we're here for about 5 days so we can most likely get something small scheduled."

"But what about rings?"

"That has been taken care of." he smiled, getting up off the mattress and walking over to me. Pulling my shirt down over my torso Frankie slinked his arms around my waist, on hand resting on the seat of my pants while the other rubbed circles into the small of my back.

"I think tonight I might return that overdue favor." He whispered, his full lips pulling up in a sweet smirk.

"And what favor might that be?" I winked.

"Oh I think you know."

"Nope." I giggled, trying and failing to play dumb.

"As much as I don't like the idea of having a dick shoved down my throat, I'll make an acceptation for you." Frankie grinned, rolling up onto his tip-toes and pushing his smiling lips into mine. He gently licked my bottom lip. I smiled slightly and let him in without having to be asked again.

Slowly, my hand started to snake down to the front of his jeans where a small tent was already forming.

"Jesus Christ." I whispered, "you are turned on already? I haven't even touched you." I chuckled, pulling back from his lips. I watched the blush creep its way across as he simply shrugged. I rolled my eyes playfully and went to work undoing his belt and getting his pants pulled down to his knees.

I immediately shoved my hand down into the fabric of his underwear, grabbing his member quickly and pumping it. I looked up with pleasure as his eyes snapped shut and his head fell back. Frank caught his bottom lip between his teeth but it did little to silence the moans still working their way from his mouth.

I began moving my hand faster and faster, harder and harder until I looked up at him again.

"I want you to say my name when you cum." I whispered with a smirk spreading from ear to ear. I was going to give him a taste of his own embarrassing medicine, seeing as these walls are as paper thin as the ones on the plane.

I watched is features grow heavy as he managed to shake his head in a desperate no. I simply smiled bigger and stopped my motions. I pulled my hand from his underwear and kneeled down to start pulling his jeans back up.

"What are you doing?" He snapped, his eyes popping open and his head springing up.

"I'm stopping and helping you get dressed again, Frank Anthony Iero." I smirked.

"What the fuck? Why?" his shrill voice yelped, trying to work his hand back down to finish the job himself.

I quickly grabbed both of his hands and held them in mine. "Because you didn't listen to me. You don't listen to a command and you don't get rewarded."

"B-but." he whimpered.

"I'll finish if you say my name. Loudly."

I sighed in defeat. I smiled and sat him down on the bed. Practically ripping his pants off I grabbed him and started moving up and down slowly. He caught his lip between his teeth once again, his hands gripping the sheets.

I stopped what I was doing and crawled onto the bed, getting onto all fours over him. "I want you hear you moan and scream." I smirked, taking his lip ring between my fingers and pulling on it lightly. He gave in and released his lip, white teeth marks imprinted into the flesh.

I got back down to the floor and grabbed him once again, taking him in my hand and pumping him faster and faster. My lips curled into a grin of satisfaction as his mouth fell open, letting shrill moans and gasps of desperation tumble out.

I watched his back arch from the bed and his head fall back as he grabbed the sheets once again, holding them in white knuckle. I knew he was about to...

"FUCK GERARD ARTHUR WAY!" he shrieked, letting his ridged body fall back to the mattress as gasps escaped his parted lips.

"Good." I smirked, standing up from the floor and sitting on the bed next to him. I leaned down and planted a soft kiss to his lips, smiling into it.

***

"Table for two please." I smiled, standing in front of a little podium. The woman standing behind it looked the both of us up and down hesitantly, glancing at out intertwined hands the longest before she politely smiled back and grabbed two menus.

"Right this way gentleman." she stated, motioning for us two follow her to the tables.

"Alright, someone will be with you shortly to take your orders." the woman smile once again before handing us our menus and walking off.

"Well, does anything look good to you?" Frankie asked, looking at me over the top of the cardboard in his hands.

"Uhm, the spaghetti and garlic bread look good." I half smiled. He nodded and we both set down the menus.

I rested both my arms on the table, my hands absentmindedly twisting the ring around my finger. I finally realized what I was doing when I say Frank grinning out of the corner of my eyes.

"Are you going to call Mikey and tell him?" he asked, stilling looking down at my hand.

"Nah, I'll just wait until we get back home. When we are married." I gently smiled, taking his hands lightly in my own. He simple nodded as we waited in silence for a waitress to come around.

"I apologize by the wait. What can I get for you two?" A young girl asked, standing to our side taking out a little pad.

"Uhm, we'll have two orders of spaghetti with a glass of wine and a glass of water." Frank answered for the both of us.

"Alright. I'll have those out to ya in a little while." she replied before rushing away into the kitchen.

"God I hate people like that. It's like they think they are better than the customers, they are over polite, or they look like they'd rather fucking die than be here." I muttered, looking at Frank in annoyance. He simply smiled and shook his head.

"You and you're pet peeves." he chuckled.

"What? Don't you hate that?"

"Well yeah I do, but I just don't express it in public where those kinds of people night hear you." Frankie practically whispered.

"Do I look like the kind of man that would give two flying fucks? 'Cause I don't sweetheart. I mean you're my fiancé, you of all people should know that!"

I trailed off when I glanced over to the table next to us to see a teenage guy just staring at us. His face sported a look of disgust, amazement, and curiosity all lumped together.

"Can I help you kid?" I asked, waving my hand through his line of vision.

"Y-you just said he was your FIANCÉ?" the kid nearly whispered, seeming to be terrified of talking to us.

"Yeah...?" I stated hesitantly.

"Wow. I'm sitting next to two engaged gay guys." he yelped, looking like a little girl on Christmas morning.

"Look, kid." I started out of annoyance. "Just because my boyfriend-- fiancé and I are gay, doesn't mean we aren't fucking humans. Alright, we don't want to be made a big deal out of. I just wanna go out in public and kiss him or hold his hand without being fawned over or getting looks of disgust or horror or having mothers and fathers shield their kids eyes alright! We are a normal fucking couple. so you just go about your own damn business and pretend we aren't here. Okay?" I finished. As I closed my mouth my jaw clenched up and my hands curled themselves into fists.

The kid looked like I had just given him a dead puppy. He quickly looked down at his plate and shoved his hands between his legs. I could tell he was uncomfortable and I smiled to myself before looking back at Frankie.

"Well, I think someone's on her period." He smirked, cocking one eyebrow at me.

"Oh shut up." I murmured, looking down right as the same waitress from earlier came up.

"I'm sorry sir, but this is a family environment and due to that little out burst we are going to have to ask you to leave." she said, twisting the hem of her apron in her hands. She was nervous and I was pissed.

"What the hell? Are you serious?" I started.

"Gerard--" Frank tried saying but I cut him off.

"Look sweetheart, you can't kick me out. The kid deserved it."

"Be that as it may, the language you used has caused some of the other customers to feel uncomfortable and threatened."

"Some of the other customers? What about me? Every time my boyfriend and I walk into a place like this we are looked at like we're a freak show. Instead of getting rid of me because I said needed to be said, being the solution. Maybe you and your business should get rid of the problem. Make this fine establishment gay friendly so everyone in the room feels comfortable." I spat, grabbing Frankie's hand and pushing past the girl and out the door. As we made our way to the lobby, I realized now that nearly the whole restaurant had gone silent. Even the kitchen staff was quiet.

I just shook my head as I felt the heat rushing to my cheeks. Frank gripped my hand a little harder and matched my strides as we walked out the door.

***

"I hate the world." I sighed as I spun around slightly on the stool. We had left the restaurant and gone down the street to a small bar. It wasn't very busy which was a good thing.

"I know you do. But Im proud of what you did back there." he smiled slightly before bringing the dark brown bottle of beer up to his lips.

I looked down at the plate in front of me. With yet another sigh I picked up my fork and poked at the skimpy hamburger laying across the cheap china.

"I wanna smoke." I said. Frankie simply nodded and we both got up and walked out the front door.

The sun was just starting to duck down behind the buildings as the street lights and neon sighs started flickering on one by one.

I fished my pack of Marlboros from my pocket along with a lighter. I slipped the cigarette between my teeth and cupped the end with my hand, setting it ablaze in seconds. I drew air through the filter, taking a long drag before removing the stick from my mouth and flicking away the ashes.

I smiled slightly when Frankie reached over and plucked the cigarette from my fingers and wrapped his own lips around it.

We passed is back and forth until he got the last of the toxins. He dropped it to the sidewalk and stomped it out with his heel.

I let my hand drop down and intertwine between Frank's. i caught a glimpse of a half smile creeping away from his features before my attention was drawn to a group of masculine guys covered in tattoos walking out the door. The first one through the threshold looked our way. He let a sly smile creep across his scared face before getting the attention of the rest of them.

"Well well well. Look who we have here. Two emo fags. My favorite to fuck up." he spat, cracking his knuckles as he walked towards us.

I felt Frank's grip on my hand get tighter as he spoke up.

"Leave us the fuck alone." he returned, stepping away from the wall and squaring up in front of the man.

"Awe ain't that cute. The faggot is trying to stand up to me." He spat before quickly drawing his arm back and letting it go, his fist making hard connection with Frank's cheek. Frankie staggered back into my, his hand flying up to cover his face.

"Grab them." He ordered, the smirk curling up even more as the men behind him advanced, grabbing both mine and Frank's arms. One guy held both of my arms achingly tight behind my back as the other two cornered Frank, fists and feet flying everywhere.

All I could do was stand back and struggle in the strong grip as they finally dropped Frank to the ground.

"Let my go you son of a fucking bitch!" I yelped, wriggling in hi grasp.

"And as for you.." the leader stated, walking over to me. He pulled his arm back and made connection with my abdomen, causing me breath to hitch as I doubled over in pain.

"Keep his quiet." he hissed at the man holding me. I looked up just to see one man bringing his large foot back and letting it fly into Frank's chest.

"That's enough." I screamed, short, choked sobs pushing their way from my body.

"Pretty boy's right. Let him go." the leader ordered. Both men stepped back from Frank's curled body. There were puddled of blood on the concrete around his nose and mouth. He had bruises already forming on his skin.

"C'mon David. Let 'em go." he barked. The man holding me let go of my arms and pushed me face first into the pavement. I felt a blob of his spit land on the back of my neck before they all walked away cackling. I got to my knees and crawled over to Frankie who was drawing in very shallow breaths.

"Everything's going to be okay." i cried, picking his head up in my arms and cradling it in my elbow. I rolled down my jacket sleeve and started to gently wipe away the blood splattered all over his face. I watched him wince and hiss in pain before his eyes fluttered open and he looked at me.

"Everything's gonna be okay." I repeated.

"G-Gee?' He managed to choke out

"Yes Fun Ghoul."

"I-I..." he trailed off. I watched as his eyes closed and his body went limp in my arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry long chapter XD