So Long and Good Night

Some Strangers are Actually Nice to Fags

FRANK'S P.O.V

I felt my mind slip back into reality. I let my eyes flutter open and adjust to the bright light of the room. When I can finally see clearly, I look around to see that I'm back in the hotel room. Glancing around more I see Gerard curled up in an arm chair in the corner. His brow is furrowed as he sleeps.

I try to sit up but I'm pushed back to the bed by a sharp pain in my head. My hand flies up to cup my forehead when I feel a sore tightness in my chest that travels down into my abdomen.

"Gerard?..." I manage to choke out in an attempt to wake him up. I have my neck turned as far as can without a spike of pain shooting down my spine.

"Gerard?" I call out, my voice sounding disgustingly groggy. After about the third or fourth time of me calling out to him, he startles awake. He looks over to me instantly.

"Hey." he half smiles, pulling himself up from the chair with a big stretch.

"What...what happened?" my voice cracked as Gerard sat down next to me, taking my hand lightly in the both of his.

"You got the shit kicked out of you by a group of cock-knockers that had too much testosterone running through their veins. Though I honestly think they were trying to compensate for something with all the tattoos they had." Gee chuckled.

God, I thought, that adorable laugh of his will never get old. Or his smile.

"Did they hurt you?" I asked, his health being more important to me than my own.

"I got a few fists thrown my way but nothing too bad. And besides you shouldn't be worrying about me. Look at yourself."

"I can't very well do that if I can't even get up off the bed." I teased.

"Can you pick your head up?"

"Barely but yeah."

"Alright, I've got some Tylenol that you can take." Gerard smiled gently, getting up and grabbing a bottle from the nightstand. He popped the top off and shook two into his hand.

"Alright head up." Gee instructed, holding out a glass of water in one hand and two pills in his fingers. I slowly picked my head up from the pillow and opened my mouth. Gerard dropped the two white pills into my mouth and brought the glass to my lips. Taking one large gulp I had the tablets down as my head fell back.

"What time is it?"

"About 2:30." Gerard replied, setting the glass aside and laying down next to me. He gently snaked his arm under my head, pulling me into his body slowly.

The pain that was surging through my body started dissipating gradually, leaving me in a stiffly numb state as I finally gave into the drowsiness that washed over my body.

***

"Hello? Is this Lovebird Chapel?" I heard Gerard's voice asking into his cell phone. I couldn't make out what was coming through the other end of the line so I just lay in bed listening to my boyfriend's--...fiance's soothing voice.

"Well I was hoping I could scheduled a ceremony for Monday?...Nothing fancy, just standard....No, no one else would be there. I'm Gerard Way and my fiance's name is Frank Iero...Uhm, I think we will both take each other's last names so let's go for Iero-Way. Alright Monday at noon? Very good! Thank you so much!" Gerard said, a smiled growing across his face as he ended the call and slipped his phone into the butt pocket of his jeans.

He walked over and sat on the bed as I rolled onto my back and slowly sat up. I didn't get a headache this time, but everything else was just as sore as it was last night.

"Hey there Sunshine." Gerard smirked, laying back, leaning on his elbows.

"Hey Party Poison."

"You still sore?"

"That's like asking a teenage emo girl if she likes Hot Topic. Of course I'm still sore dip shit."

"Well, looks like someone's on her period."

"Oh go fuck a duck." I smirked slightly, slowly pushing myself up off the bed and walking into the bathroom.

I watched from the corner of my eye as Gerard rose from the mattress and followed me.

"So, I don't know if you heard, but I booked us a spot at the chapel. By 12:30 on Monday, i will be able to officially be able to call you my husband by the state of Nevada." Gee grinned, snaking his arms under mine and slowly leaning in, pressing his warm lips into mine. It was much like our first as I melted into it. I brought my hand up and placed it on the back of his head, my fingers curling around his messy locks.

Gerard broke from the connection, a smirk broken out across his lips. His large hands snaked down and were planted right under my ass as he lifted up and rested me on the vanity counter top.

"There, now we're the same height." He smiled, going back in and resuming what he had paused. I was finally about to reach his shoulders as I draped my arms over their broadness.

His cheeky hand slinked down, resting right above my backside while his other hand rubbed up and down my thigh slowly. I worked my hands onto his chest, pushing him away lightly.

"I would love to tiger, but I'm to sore for sex." I chuckled as he pouted slightly.

"Fine." he whispered, crossing his arms and walking from the bathroom.

"Awe, is someone pouty?" I teased, sliding off the counter slowly before walking from the bathroom to find him leaning against the doorway, his lips still poked out in the most adorable way. He nodded and turned away from me, his arms crossing even tighter over his chest.

"Awe, you adorable little thing. How about after the ceremony, I fuck you until it hurts to think about touching yourself for a week." I whispered, leaning up so close I could feel the body heat radiating off of his face.

I caught the pout on his face begin replace by a small smirk as he nodded slowly. I leaned in and kissed him once more before pulling away and going back into the bathroom to take two more Tylenol.

"Hey I was hoping we could go look for something nicer to wear on Monday. I looked through our clothes and all you had is the button down you wore last night and I don't even have that."

"Alright that's fine. So long as I get to wear my skinny jeans and Converse." I smiled, flipping out the light.

"Well hell yeah. I mean I guess we could even wear band tees if we wanted. Just as long as they are new." He smiled, grabbing his wallet and the room card before following me out the door.

***

We stepped off the escalator hand in hand. The stares that were being shot our way didn't even bother me anymore as we walked down the floor and into the Hot Topic.

"Hey there boys, anything I can do for ya?" A short woman with bright pink hair asked, walking up to us.

"Not really, we're just here to look." Gerard smiled. She nodded and stepped off to tend to seemingly more pressing matters.

I held onto Gee's hand a little tighter and lead him to the back of the store where the wall of shirts was displayed.

"Whoa, there's a Misfits one." Gee smiled, going to the rack and pulling out the correct size. I looked at all the shirts before deciding on a simple tee with Bouncing Souls depicted on it.

We bot picked out a few more random tops before walking up to the check out counter. A young girl with minty green hair smiled at us as Gerard set the shirts on the counter. She looked down and noticed the ring on his hand.

"You married?" She asked, asking about the ring.

"Wha--? Oh I'm engaged actually. I'm getting married this Monday though."

"Well congratulations. What's her name?"

Gerard made sure she was looking as he leaned in and planted a gently kiss to my cheek. "his name is Frankie." He replied.

"Oh, wee congratulations to the both of you!" She corrected herself. "Y'know, I think it';s really great that you two are so open with your love. People like you deserve to be able to express you love with each other like any other couple."

"That's exactly what we think." I smiled, wrapping my fingers between Gee's as he paid.

"Well, I wish you two many years of happiness." She smiled, handing my the bag. We both smiled back and left, feeling very good about ourselves and our relationship.