The Black Swan

023

Jenna's POV

Even though I didn’t quite fancy the thought of Will being under my roof, correction, under Matt’s roof, I was really fucking pissed at Matt to let it slide just like that, so I gladly opened the front door for him and that... that vegetable. Why was he here? Oh right, they were this gay couple, who didn’t go anywhere without each other. So that’s why Will was not working today. Yeah, I figured that as soon as Ally told Nikki was working Andrew’s shift.

I knew Ally had a lot to say to them both, but she remained silent, doing this just for me. Only god knew what went through her mind at the moment. It wasn’t hard to guess, she was feeling slightly awkward in the company of Andrew and she was mad at Haner, who had showed up very recently not even bothering himself to say ‘hi’ to the girl, just going straight to my secret stash and taking away my liquor. Sure, I knew he rarely came here bare handed, always bringing me a bottle of sort just so I would let him and Matt hang around, but that didn’t mean he could take away my lovely Laphoraig which I had picked up from the time I was in England with Ally. Those were the good days.

„Well you look surprisingly good, princess...” I laughed seeing Andrew walking in just behind Will. And even though I let the piece of shit, no not Andrew- Will, Andrew was just a mindless vegetable, in my house, that didn’t mean I will greet or even make seem I noticed Will in any form. This time he didn’t even bother me with his – Hey look at me, I’m here too you know, bullshit, which left me kind of surprised. Will just went across the hallway, and hugged Ally. I had never understood them both, I mean, how the hell could they be this lovey dovey right in front of my eyes? She was my friend and I loathed that dick.

„You know I still want to whack you with a shoe,” I heard Ally say as he pulled away, taking a seat next to her. And I was left chatting with Andie, who didn’t even look that bad, I hoped he would look like even his own mother wouldn’t recognize him, but he just had a black eye and a cut on his lip. What a shame.

„I know, I know, I’m sorry Al, but I had some business to take care of...” Some business? I turned my head to look at Will’s fair nape rather skeptically. What business did he have at eleven PM? Oh right, stupid me, this kind of business. I damn well knew Ally’s face didn’t differ a lot from mine, not even looking at her. „Besides I got a friend of mine to play in the club, so it’s all a-okay.”

„A friend?” I laughed. Since when did he have friends here in Huntington Beach? As far as I could see, Ally was still sitting on the worn out couch, the same one Matt’s planning on throwing out in the nearest days. Finally Will looked at me, but not with his usual happy face, he looked at me with a kind of stare he would send a big pile of shit. Something moved in me and I raised my eyebrow to him, he ignored me. „What’s with him?” My eyes landed on Andrew who was still standing beside me, looking both at Will and Ally and not looking very happy. More than mad, if he truly could get mad that was. He just always seemed to be ... indifferent. Just like a vegetable.

„He’s fine,” Even though he looked angry, he still stood for him. So nothing had changed.

„If everything’s fine, I want to see the booze, to really know everything’s fine,” I crossed my arms, going to take a seat in the armchair next to Ally, while Andrew mimicked my action, flunking his bony ass in the chair right across me. I even put the effort in tiding myself up, putting some pants on and even a bra, so the booze better be in Will’s backpack. He shot me a glare. Wow.

„So Al, I still don’t get why you ran off like that those years back?” Will unzipped his backpack, to pick out a squarey type of bottle known to man as Jack Daniels. I stood to my feet, just to go to the kitchen and bring four glasses and the coke which was lying in the fridge just for occasions like these.

„There’s not much to say,” Ally took the role of the bartender tonight and uncorked the bottle, pouring the brown liquid in all of the glasses as soon as I laid them on the coffee table. „I just wanted a change in life.”

„And we all know that’s bullshit,” I said like it was so obvious, making all of them to look at me. „What? It is.”

„Better tell me how Roy got you both here...” She gestured out to the surroundings and we damn well knew she was not talking about Matt’s unkempt living room. Even tho she addressed Andrew also, she avoided to look at him. Why? He looked just peachy, the beaten up look made him look kind of manly.

„He told his sister is opening a club, and we both wanted a change in life.” What was that tone in Andrew’s voice? And that face. He looked like his brain can even function, it was a Christmas miracle y’all!

„Okay, enough talking, more drinking!” Ally urged raising her glass in the air as she took a swig. To be completely honest, after the first mouthful I thought I was going to throw up, but as soon as I finished the glass completely, I felt better than ever. The best medicine after all was the medicine that made you sick in the first place.

After a couple of glasses, Ally decided she would be a dj and a bartender in one person, so she brought Matt’s macbook to the living room and put on a playlist of sort. She listened to great music, but when Aimee Allen’s Stripper Friend’s took all over the room, I started doubting if she truly knew what great music is. Yeah sure it had a beat, and it even got my hips swinging as I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but the song didn’t please my ears as much as it pleased my body.

„I can’t help, but to shake off the feeling, I’m not welcomed here,” Will appeared to my sight as I was putting the knife in the sink. So it was that obvious?

„Where on earth did you get the impression?” I took a chunk of my sandwich, rolling my eyes on him.

„But then again you were the one to let me in.” He pointed out, leaning against the cupboard. I didn’t even want to look at him, but his stare sure as hell burned me.

„Don’t flatter yourself,” I retorted, looking down at my drink. How much of these do I need to down before I can even look at the guy without the urge to kill him?

„We really need to talk, J.”

„Don’t call me that. Only friends can call me J, that’s for starters,” Finally I made myself to look in his deep blue eyes. He looked confident out of the sudden, „And we don’t have anything to talk about William.” I nearly spat the word out, before I turned around to join Ally, who was really lost in searching something on the macbook.

„Oh, I think we do,” His voice was firm, just as firm as was his grip on my upper arm, which kept me from moving. If my glare didn’t show how passionately I hated him, then I really didn’t know what did. „I’m so fucking sick of being your punching bag-„

„Should’ve thought about it a long time ago, chump,” I yanked my hand out of his grip, nearly spilling my drink on the tiled floor. Another reason for hating him.

„Can you act like a human being, just for a second?” He was a second away from yelling and this was a side of him I never had the chance to explore. Fine, he had my attention.

„Talk.” I hissed through bitten teeth. This better be worth my time.

„I’m trying, okay, Jenna... I came here to set things right. I care less of that stupid club,” I had one word for him- pathetic.

„You’re so full of it,”

„It’s the truth! Why on earth would I come here, when I had a life in Miami?”

„You know I have to apologize. I used to introduce you as an idiot to all my friends, but now I see even that isn’t complete in you. Some parts are clearly missing.”

I took a bite of my sandwich, looking at his stunned face, „You see this?” He gestured between us, „I never treated you like this... What the hell is wrong with you?”

„Well, maybe you should’ve.” Maybe we would’ve been together and I would’ve closed my eyes to his slip up. „Do I look like queen Elizabeth to you?” I pointed out to Matt’s shirt, some ripped up jeans under it and well, my whole appearance.

„What? No...” He frowned, looking over me.

„Then stop treating me like one!” I screamed right in his face, making Ally raise her head from the laptop and even Andrew eyed us with a frown. „You know I’m glad you slept with that bitch, made things a lot easier for me...” I took a swig from my glass, as I put the last bit of my sandwich in my mouth, „Jenna would you want to watch this, oh you don’t, okay, let’s watch Django four the fifth fucking time,” I impersonated him and I had to admit, I did a real good job, „Andie wants to come over, oh you hate him? Fine, I’ll just tell him we’re busy; Oh you and Ally want to get shitfaced? That’s cool, I’ll buy the fucking booze for you and even let you throw up in my car and clean the shit up first thing in the morning. What the fuck is wrong with you, can you just be a man for once?”

I was about to turn around and go refill my glass, but then I found myself in his arms and him kissing me deeply. And now I had to ask, what the fuck was wrong with me, cause I admit it, I did enjoy the kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, still holding the empty glass in my hand, as he picked me up and placed me on the counter not once breaking the kiss.

„Matt... Matt don’t!” Ally’s words made me fall back on planet earth and push Will away with such force his back hit the kitchen island.

„Shads, chill!” I saw Brian trying to hold Matt back. Syn’s hands were wrapped around Matt’s chest, holding him from behind. It seemed like Syn was trying his best to hold Matt back, but unfortunately, it seemed like any second Matt would just rip out of Brian’s arms.

„I’m going to kill that motherfucker!” Matt yelled on the top of his lunges, making a vein in his neck pop out. For once I didn’t know what the fuck to do.

„I suggest you leave,” Brian shouted, looking at Will, who was, let’s say, about to piss his pants. Ally ran up to Matt, standing in front of him and trying to hit some sense into him by dazzling him with her intelligence, but it didn’t seem like he was hearing anything. I knew he and Haner had been drinking so, maybe he didn’t even understand what she was saying. „Both of you!” Brian looked over Andrew, who was too dumbfounded to stand up from his seat. So they had switched places for the evening, huh. Will grabbed his backpack before he and Andrew practically ran away.

Brian didn’t let go of Matt not even when the door had closed with a thud, cause we all knew Matt would just go after him. For once I couldn’t get a word out of my mouth and I just kept blinking from my spot on the counter, not believing my eyes. Fine, I saw Brian nearly killing Andrew yesterday, but seeing my fiancé just seconds away from making a pancake out of my ex, made me really rethink everything I did. What would’ve happened if Brian wasn’t with him?

„Let go, Gates,” He let out a silent roar. His jaw clenched as he looked over me. „I want to talk to my fiancé. In private.” I saw Brian taking Ally by arm, before they both disappeared through the front door, Ally looking just as scared as I happened to feel. I didn’t have the gut to even make a sound.

I had just one thing to say - Shit’s about to get down.
♠ ♠ ♠
And the last chapter from Jenna's POV.