Green Eternity: With You

Calm before the storm.

Quinn left me after a while, I didn’t want him to go – he was the only thing in my life I was sure of at the moment.
I am stronger than this, I swear I am, pull yourself together Jeph she’s just a girl; they’re just a bunch of crazy people who wear hoods.
I shook my head, see? Better.
I picked myself up off the bathroom floor and walked to the kitchen, my stomach emitting a low grumble.
Quinn and Freya sat at the table eating and chattering away, considering they stopped as soon as I entered the room it was probably about me.
“Sorry about that guys” I sat down opposite Freya.
“That’s okay Jeph, breakfast?” Freya grinned and passed me a cup of Green Tea.
“Sure” I hid behind my cup.
The rest of the morning was pretty uneventful, it merely consisted of me eating breakfast and Quinn and Freya being all cutesy with each other.
Eleven o’clock rolled in, and so did the clouds.
Bert pulled up in the driveway at eleven thirty, never on time he is.
I walked out to greet him.
“Hey man” Bert jumped out of the car and jumped onto me.
“Haha, woah, hey Bert!” I hugged him back, glad someone else was here.
Not really knowing what else to say I jumped in the front seat.
Quinn and Freya carried bags out of the house, ten to be exact, and put them in the boot, exchanging words with Bert and getting in the back.
For the entire journey out of Maleny we blasted music and all sung along, Bert not really caring for the speed limit.
One person playing on my mind the most, will she be there?
Maybe she just kissed me because she had no one else, maybe she was scared?
Bert always did say that I scare people with my tattoos, shit.
I could see her so clearly, spinning around and around, laughing and dancing; a wide grin crept across my face, Scarlett.
Bert going too fast over a speed bump pulled me so very rudely out of my daydream, how long was this going to take?
“Are we nearly there?” I shouted over the music.
Bert nodded and pointed ahead to a house on top of the hill, trust Bert to buy the freakiest looking house ever.
I felt awfully queasy as Bert accelerated even more whilst turning around and around going up the hill.
We eventually pulled up in the driveway and I launched myself out of the car.
“Dan!” I spotted Dan sitting on the veranda twiddling his thumbs, two bags sitting next to him.
“Jepha!” He greeted me and turned quickly to Bert.
“You’d better be right about having a drum kit in here dude”
“Don’t worry, I’ve got it sorted!” Bert skipped merrily to the door and opened it.
After a quick tour of the very scary house we all ended up in the main room, and so did Akearin.
“About fucking time you lot” He slid off the couch and made his way through all our gear littering the floor.
I bit my lip, no Scarlett?
She’ll be here soon, right?
“Okay guys I thought I’d better settle you in, I checked the whole house to make sure no hooded scary men are lurking around, so now that you’re all here I’ll be on my way, many things to do” Akearin trailed off and turned to walk out.
“Wait” I stepped towards Akearin.
“Where’s Scarlett?”
Akearin’s face fell as he searched for an answer.
“Shit”
He was gone.