‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Seventeen

“Oh Mikey, it’s so pretty!” I smiled brightly as Mike show me and the boys the ring that he got Emma, “When and how are you gunna do it?”

“Uh, I haven’t quite figured it out yet,” he said and Jordan and Marc chuckled, “How’d you two do it?” he asked, since the two of them were getting married this summer.

“Lots or panicking and preparation,” Marc said and we looked at Jordan.

“I asked her after we fucked,” he said and I slapped his shoulder hand the guys laughed.

“Are you serious?!” I yelled, “If I was Heather, I’d kill you!”

“I’m just playing, I asked her when we went home for Thanksgiving,” he said and I nodded my head.

“How?”

“We use to love hanging out in the barn on my family’s property when we were younger, so I asked her in the barn,” he said and I smiled.

“That’s actually pretty romantic, Staalsy,” Mike said and I snorted.

“Max help you?” I asked because even though Max never seemed to be in a relationship, he was pretty damn romantic, must be the French in him.

“No! Eric did,” he said and I laughed when he brought up his oldest brother.

“I got it!” I yelled and scared some of the guys at how excited I sounded, “And that came out a lot louder than I intended,” I said and they chuckled, “She was always with us when we practiced at the rink!” I said and he nodded his head, “Remember after we would practice, you would always pull her out onto the ice and push her around?” his eyes widened and he smiled brightly, “Ask her on the ice!”

“Yes!” he said and then high fived me and I giggled, “On the twenty sixth, right after practice.”

“Why the twenty sixth?” Sidney asked and I smiled.

“That’s when we started to date,” he said and the guys started to bust him for being so sensitive.

“Ok! So, we’ve got a plan, you’ve got the ring, now we have to make sure that the girl is there,” I said and Mike smiled.

“I smell a plan!” Marc cheered and we laughed.

“So in three days, I’m gunna propose,” Mike said and I smiled and gave him a hug.

After winning against the Devils, we had an away game against the Flyers and lost in overtime and I nearly broke my leg when Kokorin pushed me to the ice and I slide into the boards legs first and my leg bent wrong. But after icing it for the second intermission, I was fine and back on the ice, a little sore, but I was playing. After Philly, we headed to Winnipeg, where we won against the Jets with the final score of eight to four. We traveled to Nashville after that and won against the Predators with the final score of five to one.

Today was Friday the twenty third of March; we had a home game against Ottawa tomorrow and we were feeling pretty good about it. Right now we had just finished practicing and working out for a few hours, we were all tired and wanted to go home. Just as we were all finishing changing, Sidney’s phone went off and he answered it and smiled towards the ground.

“Yeah, give me a second, I’ll be right there,” he said and then said goodbye and hung up the phone, a bright smile on his face.

“What was that?” Marc asked and Sidney looked up towards me and winked and I gasped.

“It’s her!” I yelled and he chuckled and nodded his head.

“Her? Who’s her?” Max asked.

“Flyer girl,” I said and Max started to laughed.

“You’re still with her?” Max asked and Sidney nodded his head, “Good for you man! You tap that ass yet?!”

“Max!” I yelled and he looked at me and shrug his shoulders, “You never introduced her to us yet!” I said and Sidney shook his head, “It’s been over a month though, things are good?”

“Yeah, you’re gunna meet her now,” he said and then headed for the door, “I’ll be right back.”

Sidney left the room and the guys were snickering and getting ready to bust the girl for being a Flyers fan. I felt my phone go off in my stall and grabbed it to see that I had a text from Pat. We haven’t been able to talk on the phone because we both were all over the place, but we were being sure to send little texts here and there. I was worried about Jon, because he got hit hard last week when they were playing the Leafs and he was out with a concussion, and then he was apparently driving his car and hit a pole, totaling his car.

He was just texting me saying that he just had to go through a crazy press conference and the media was asking everything but the Blackhawks team. I asked who was there and he told me it was him, Sharp and Corey and that they were asking Sharp how he felt about being nominated for ‘Most Beautiful Chicagoian’, Corey on his engagement and Pat about his multiple mysterious trips to Pittsburgh.

‘…They’re like crazy stalkers sometimes…’ I thought about the media. Pat reminded me that he was going to call me tonight around seven and I reminded him that I’d be waiting for it. The door to the locker room opened and Sidney walked in first and held the door open for a small blonde girl that looked to be really shy.

“Hey, hey! There she is!” Jordan yelled and the girl’s face turned red.

“Well, she’s like Sid and blushes easily,” James said and we all laughed and Sidney playfully glared at us.

I stood up and walked over towards her, “Hi, I’m Maggie,” I said and she smiled and shook my hand when I held it out.

“Kasey,” she said and I giggled and nodded my head.

“I know, this one talks about you a lot-“

“Mags,” Sidney whined as he blushed and turned his head, making me and the guys laugh.

“You’re too easy, Sid!” I said and then went back to the bench as the guys all started to introduce themselves and Max and Jordan pulled the girl away to tell little secrets about Sidney.

“Guys! Come on, I want her to stay with me! Don’t scare her off!” Sidney said and I giggled and watched as Kasey laughed at something Max had said.

I walked over towards Sidney and playfully punched his arm, “So how are things going with her?”

“Good, we’re taking things slow,” he said and I nodded my head, “I got lucky at the fact that she doesn’t really like to go out much.”

“She’s a stay at home kind of person, like you?” I asked and he nodded his head, “That’s good, at least you can keep her out of the spot light for a little bit longer.”

“Yeah, I’m gunna try to keep her out for as long as I can,” he said and I nodded my head.

We spent a little longer in the locker room, talking with Kasey and letting her get a little taste of what she was going to be expecting if she stayed with Sidney, not to mention busted her for growing up a Flyers fan; although, she did inform us that Sidney was slowly converting her.

I decided that it was time for me to head out; I grabbed my jacket, said goodbye to everyone and then left the locker room. I managed to get out into the parking garage when I heard my name and turned to see Kris jogging at me. I sighed and looked at him, “What?” I asked, still angry from how he acted when Pat was here.

“Can we talk?”

“Depends, are you going to bitch to me about something?” I asked and Kris sighed.

“I’m sorry,” he said and then looked down, “I’m sorry about everything.”

“I’m sorry too Kris,” I said angrily and he looked at me sadly.

“I understand why you’re angry,” he said and then rubbed the back of his neck, “I still love you-“

“Kris,” I sighed and shook my head, “Don’t say that- Please, just don’t.”

“Why? It’s true!” he said and I shook my head.

“You need to stop and be with your who- With Catherine,” I said, trying to be nice, which was really difficult, “You’re fathering her child after all.”

“Maggie, it was a big- a huge mistake, I didn’t mean for it to happen! I didn’t mean to get out of control that night!” he said and I just looked at him, “One minute I’m in the bar and the next I’m waking up next to her in her bed- I don’t even remember seeing her there!”

“Kris, just stop,” I said and then took a step back, “I can’t- I just,” I shook my head, “I can’t. You need to get over me, we’re not getting back together, I’m happy with-“

“With Kane?!” Kris asked angrily and I looked at him, “How are you happy with him, Maggie? You barely see him! How can you trust him? He’s all the way in Chicago!” he yelled and I gulped, “You know he’s a manwhore, always wasted and partying with girls all around him! You’re going to trust him?”

“He hasn’t done anything to break my trust,” I said quietly and Kris glared at me.

“Maggie, come on! We both know you’re not that stupid!” he said and I snapped a glare at him.

“Who was the one who cheated on me with his ex and then got the girl pregnant?” I asked and he looked at me and I started to walk backwards to my car, “Who’s the stupid one now?”