Sequel: Folie à Deux

From Under the Cork Tree

Ten

I couldn't stop staring at my ring; I was in shock, not sure what to think. It hadn't hit me that Beatz asked me to marry him, or that I said yes, or that this would happen soon. My stomach wasn't knotted, I was content.

We hadn't told anyone, but my mom noticed the ring. Beatz and I were having dinner with my parents, and as soon as I came through the door, my mom looked at my hand and yelp. But, what she said next really surprised me; "He finally asked you!"

I had looked at Beatz, who was grinning, "You planned this?"

"I asked them if it was okay first," he answered simply.

That sent me into overdrive; it hit me hard that this was it. Beatz really did love me, he wanted my parents permission, and he bought me a ring, already knowing my size. He had rehearsed the proposal on tour with his band, even though they made fun of him. I had started to cry immediately and pulled him into a tight hug. He only laughed, kissed my head and told me he loved me.

The following morning, my eyes stayed glued to my ring. It was an exciting weight to my body that I welcomed happily. I already knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him awhile ago, and this ring confirmed that he too felt the same.

We spent the morning kissing and fooling around until we had to head to Orange County. I didn't even think about telling anyone, especially Pete. My engagement was mine and Beatz, and I didn't feel the need to broadcast it to anyone beyond my close friends. I had told Rae once we met up at the beach where Fall Out Boy were performing; she wasn't upset, but she wasn't too pleased either.

Rae doesn't hate Beatz, she just thinks he's too old for me, and couldn't really imagine me settling down so fast. I felt the same, but it wasn't like we were gonna go out and get married and pop out babies. Rae had taken me aside when Beatz got a call on his cell.

"Are you sure about this?" She asked me softly.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure."

She half smiled, "Do you know when you guys are gonna do it?"

"No," I shook my head with a small laugh, "he asked me yesterday, Rae. I'm still in shock."

"I'm happy for you, Angel...I just don't want you to regret anything."

I placed my arm around her, "Thank you, I appreciate it. If I get any uneasiness about this, you'll be the first to know."

She giggled, "You won't even have to tell me, I'll be able to see it all over your face."

I scoffed, "I'm not that predictable, am I?"

"Just to me."

We chit-chatted until Beatz came back, and the headed towards the stage. Andy was side stage, waiting for us -actually he was waiting for Rae, and waved us in. We were given all access passes; apparently there were other bands recording live as well.

Backstage, there was a bunch of girls in bikinis and few guys. There was ice chests of beers and cola; the sun beamed right down on us; Rae and I wore bikinis under our clothes, and opted to take our shirts off. I was shocked to see that not only was Patrick wearing a hat, but Pete had a hoodie on.

"Hey!" Pete startled me.

"Hey," I greeted, then tilted my head at his attire, "you know it's May in California, right?"

Pete just shrugged, "I didn't want to get you all in hot and bothered if you saw me without a shirt on."

Beatz stood beside me, laughing, "You still messin' with my girl, Wentz?"

"Ah, Angelus knows I'm kidding," Pete laughed. "We're only friends."

I shook my head at him, then laughed when I saw him and Pete shake hands; Beatz was significantly taller than myself, so he towered over Pete, and Patrick. Pete had looked at me, smirking, "What's so funny, Angelus?"

"I never noticed how short you were."

Beatz laughed too, "No shit."

Pete cocked a brow, then a cocky smile at me, "I'll be your little spoon, baby."

"No thanks."

He placed his hand over his heart, feigning hurt, "Still?"

I nodded, "Yep. And if promise not to get hot and bothered," I joked, "will you take your hoodie off?"

"This is my Linus Blanket," he answered simply before taking it off, "but if you insist you won't jump my bones..."

"Nice Charlie Brown reference," Beatz smirked, "my girl ain't gonna jump your bones, Wentz."

"Oh, I know," Pete said. "Come get a drink with us, we don't go on for another 2 hours."

As soon as we all sat and talked, it was like everyone disappeared around our little group. I didn't really engage, I did talk a little, but Beatz and the guys talked mostly. They cracked jokes, while Rae and I drank a bit.

After a bit, Joe and Beatz went off, I'm sure to get high, leaving Rae and myself with Andy, Patrick and Pete. Pete scooted over to me, grinning like a dope, "We're finally alone!" He said dramatically.

"Aw, yes," I joked. "Finally. I'm alone with a monchichi."

Patrick and Andy laughed; Pete pouted, "Why do you hate me?"

I smiled and nudged his side, "I'm kidding, Pete. I don't hate you, but, buddy you look like a little monkey."

"It's true," Andy chimed in, "you do look like a monchichi, Pete."

Pete scoffed, raised his hand and flipped him off. We all laughed, I nudged Pete, "I'm only joking."

Pete smirked at me, "I wish I could make fun of you, but you're perfect."

Rae looked at me and rolled her eyes; again, I laughed, "You are so not clever, and flattery doesn't get you much in my world, Pete."

"I'm serious!" He exclaimed innocently. "You got it all, and I don't see anything bad from this angle."

"I snore," I began, "I drool, I have an impeccable taste for bad pop music, and I'm a slob."

"Wow," Patrick said, "you...you 'n' Wentz are made for each other."

I shook my head, "Are you tryna get me to sleep with him?"

Patrick blushed, "N-no! I'm just sayin'...you 'n' Pete got a lot in common. He's a pig and he loves anything catchy on the radio."

Pete grinned at me, his eyes crinkling, "See babe?"

"That just means we're similar and we'll be good friends," I raised my coke bottle, "cheers."

Pete tapped his bottle with mine, "Cheers."

I drank a bit before Pete caught sight of my hand; he eyed the ring, swallowed and then spoke, "You're engaged?"

The smile that filled my face was natural, "Yeah," I murmured, showing him the ring. "Beatz asked me last night."

"Cheers!" Andy said happily.

"Thanks," I looked back at the ring.

"That's cool," Pete smiled, "congrats, Angel. I get an invite to the wedding, right?"

I hummed dramatically, "Do I really needa invite Pete? The guy who flirts with me at any given moment?"

"Uh, yes," he muttered.

Before I could even kid around again, he began to bat his lashes at me. I actually was in awe at how thick and pretty they were. I giggled, "Okay, you can come. But you have to wear a dress."

"Like I wasn't!" He said happily. "Can I be maid of honor?"

"That's my job," Rae said shortly.

I smiled, "You can be a bridesmaid, Peter my dear."

Pete winked at me, "Thanks baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize immensely for how shitty and lame this chapter is. My life has been turned upside down again and I don't know what to do. Writing seems to be the only thing I feel comfortable with doing nowadays. Thank you for reading and being patient, I totally don't deserve the subscriptions, you guys are amazing.

xxali