Status: Updates come when inspiration smacks me in the face :)

Bad Guy, Good Heart

The Rescue

The first sign of distress had come without warning. Yuki had been reading an out-dated book when a large explosion sounded in the distance. The young woman had to admit that the sound had frightened her but remembered that it was probably just some Arrancers that had gotten into a spat over something stupid.

An hour later the fighting had gotten closer and it sounded as if more people were getting involved. Yuki’s curiosity was getting the better of her, being stuck in the same room all day and night got boring but fights were always interesting, even to Yuki.

She got up and placed the book on her night stand before approaching the locked door, she leaned her head against the door and heard yelling getting closer and closer. She stepped back, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion before she hears the click of the door unlocking.

“No one gets passed you, got that you fucking twats?” Yuki heard Grimmjow’s harsh voice before seeing him as he opened the door and stepped in, slamming it shut after him and locking it from the inside.

“Grimmjow?” Yuki asked softly, seeing him turn to her with a scowl on his face.

“Another prisoner’s being rescued but if they find out you’re here there’s no doubt they’ll rescue you too.” He retorted, his hands clenched in anger.

Yuki couldn’t process her thoughts, another prisoner? Grimmjow had never mentioned another. Yuki’s eyes gazed over to the tall male’s form, she found it odd that he was here and not out fighting.

“Grimmjow, why are you here? I mean… why aren’t you out there?” She clarified.

“I don’t know what I’d do,” He strode over and bought her into an embrace. “I wouldn’t know what to do if they took you. No, that’s wrong, I do know what I’d do; I’d hunt you down and fight to have you back.” He admitted, making Yuki blush.

As Yuki’s blush died down a wave of guilt overcame her.

“Grimmj-“

His lips brush against her own and her eyes widen in surprise before they slide closed and she savoured the kiss. He pulled back, a smirk across his lips before a loud bang could be heard from the outside of the door. Grimmjow pushed Yuki behind me, standing in front of her protectively as he drew his katana.

“You’re staying here with me.” He growled as the door burst open to reveal a large man wearing a Soul Reaper Captain uniform.

Yuki shrunk back as Grimmjow got into a fighting stance.

“So I’ve finally found you.” The large man stated, his spiky black hair jingled from the bells on the end of each spike.

“Who are you and what do you want? The other girl Orihime is further along the hall, you’re here for her aren’t you?” Grimmjow growled, his guard up.

“I have no interest in that girl,” The man boomed. “My name is Kenpachi Zaraki, 11th Division Captain of the 13 Guard Squad.” The large man gave a twisted grin as he looked past Grimmjow and toward Yuki. “And I’ve come to collect my daughter, Yuki Zaraki.”
♠ ♠ ♠
BOOM!

Thoughts? :)