Status: Complete

A Case of Unknown Identity

If Fall Out Boy Can Use Overly Long Names That Aren’t A Lyric in the Song, Then I Can Do That To

Frank has a little easier time forgiving Gerard after the display in the hallway. Not only did Gerard destroy his reputation with that little debacle but he also got three days detention, and Frank honestly wasn’t going to leave him in that mess with no one but his brother.

Gerard has to sit with them at their table because he has nowhere else to go but he fits in pretty well. It seems that they’re building up quite a crowd now with Pete and Patrick becoming permanent staples as well as Gerard. For Frank, six is a lot of friends. Including a Gerard, whatever he is. He doesn’t know what to call Gerard yet though because he’s a friend on parole, who’s also an unlikely but unavoidable possible love interest.

Pansy and Watchman are getting along just fine as well. A little better than fine. It’s been only two weeks into the new regime and Frank considers it the best period of his life so far. It’s barely been any time at all. Maybe it’s because Christmas is on their heels or maybe it’s because he’s a hopeless romantic but everything seems, for the moment, peaceful.

One particular conversation with Watchman leaves Frank practically dying of joy.

Jersey-Watchman666: i just hope I don’t scerw up.

Jersey-Watchman666: Pansy?

Jersey-Watchman666: Where’d u go?

That_Pansy_Misfit: sorry, I’m here.

That_Pansy_Misfit: I just

That_Pansy_Misfit: oh never mind

Jersey-Watchman666: what?

That_Pansy_Misfit: no its nothing

Jersey-Watchman666: tell me! Pwetty pwease wif a chewwy on top?

That_Pansy_Misfit: gaaah fine, ur annoyin

Jersey-Watchman666: yay! Spill it.

That_Pansy_Misfit: Wut I want to say, what this really is

That_Pansy_Misfit: This makes me happy

That_Pansy_Misfit: You make me happy.

Jersey-Watchman666: awww, I don’t know that there’s a better way to put it then the way you just did.

Jersey-Watchman666: You make me happy too.

That_Pansy_Misfit: good. I’m glad.

Jersey-Watchman666: I like you Pansy. I think youre the best friend I’ve ever had.

That_Pansy_Misfit: jeeeeez, you need some btter friends

Jersey-Watchman666: tell me bout it. They all dirve me insane. my old frnds were super rude and were always expecting me to get high or drunk or whatever with em.

That_Pansy_Misfit: and what abot ur new friends?

Jersey-Watchman666: umm they’re really great. I’d never tell anyone this, specially my bro but they rock

That_Pansy_Misfit: whos the best?

Jersey-Watchman666: wut!? Im not gonna tell u

That_Pansy_Misfit: y not? It’s not like I know them.

They’re playing each other like harps at this point, and they don’t realize it.

Jersey-Watchman666: im not going to tell; u his his name but its starts with an F.

Frank smiles considerably at that. F for Frank. F isn’t for Pete, Patrick, Ray or Brendon. It’s for Frank. Gerard likes him. He likes him enough to tell Pansy he likes him. Frank decided to guess his own name after that and conveniently did not guess Frank because he never really wanted to stop talking with Gerard.

School the next day would have been weird had they known the other person knew it was weird. Gerard thought it was weird seeing Frank after that, but he didn’t mind because he was seeing Frank and that made him smile. The same went with Frank.

Unfortunately this meant that they kept falling harder for each other. Watchman was falling more for Pansy, while Pansy was falling more for Watchman. Frank was falling more for Gerard, while Gerard was falling more for Frank. It became a vicious cycle, until they both knew they had to tell each other, but neither had the guts to actually do it.

Frank spends a lot more time at the Way household as a result of him and Mikey becoming better friends, and the fact that he lives so close really is pretty convenient. When he does hang out there a lot of the time it’s not just with Mikey but with the both of them. Gerard and Mikey actually are pretty close, especially considering they’re brothers.

“What made you decide not to hate me, Frank?” Gerard asks on a Monday night while Mikey’s busy getting himself a drink.

“I don’t know, actually. It made sense to, I guess.”

“But you do forgive me right? Like not just because you thought you had to?”

Frank rolls his eyes, “yes. I do forgive you. Honestly, you’re such a worrier.”

“Yeah I know, I just don’t like the idea of you hating me.”

“I still don’t understand why you care so much about my opinion,” Frank answers.

Gerard fumbles for a few moments and then sighs and says, “Because I don’t want my brother’s best friend hating me. I also don’t want someone as nice as you to hate me.”

“But what triggered the sudden change?” Frank presses.

That’s a tough question to answer without giving away too much, “It just sort of hit me that I was being a dick. I didn’t want to be that person anymore, and I started with you.”

“Well whatever the reason, I’m kind of glad you’re my friend, Gee. You add a lot of color into my life,” Frank says ruffling Gerard’s red hair.

On the outside they probably looked like they flirted with each other a lot, and the reason for that is because they flirt with each other a lot. They just don’t admit.

For whatever the reason, Gerard Way is no longer the bully with a soul but the loser with a soul and real friends. He’s not doing too well on the social front outside of his little group but he doesn’t let it bother him too much. Frank smiling at him seems to be a cure for just about anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't want to give anything away but the next chapter is one off my particular favorites. Also one of the more humorous ones if I do say so myself.
(Hint Hint it's called - "Step Five: Coming Clean")