‹ Prequel: American Soldier
Status: Updates come when Comments are recieved

Wounded Warrior No More

A Love Grown Over Time

Over the last few months, Zacky has been terribly busy in getting the album finished plus going over what other events will be going on. He's told me a few things that they'll be doing for fans and other bands that are going to be touring with them. I'm actually getting excited on just having more and more time with Zacky when we get on the road. I've talked to Jerry about Zacky asking me to go on tour with him and he said that I would always have a job here when I come back. He's such a generous man. I took my break and I decided to take something to eat over to the studio. I knew they wouldn't be able to take a break becuse of all the work that's going on. I stopped by the Mcdonalds and got a few meals for them before pulling into the parking lot of the studio. I had been here a few times with Payge so the woman at the desk let go right in but told me to keep it quite. I snuck in only to have them all look up at me.

"Hey Blaze! What are you doing here?" Zacky said hugging me tightly.

"I thought you all could use something to eat so I picked up some Mickey D's for you guys." Jimmy jumped up out of his seat and took the bag from my hands. I shook my head as I took a seat beside Zacky. We all laughed when Jimmy and Johnny started making fun of each other like blood brothers would do. I can only imagine what it's going to be like when we're all together on this tour. I know it will be enjoyable.

My break time was almost over so I said goodbye to everyone and made my way back to the mall. When I got to the store, I sat down behind the counter counting the money before I would have to go back to actually helping customers. So far we've collected roughly 10,ooo dollars but we're still not even close to what we actually need. It's very disappointing when you think about raising money for something good but only little people will contribute. There had been many of the regular customers come in and donate more and more because they want the firing range. I do too but it looks like it will take years before we will even get the right amount of money we need but then the land we're wanting would probably be sold. I finished counting the money and placed it into a zipping bag before placing it under the counter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got home a little after 7 and I was so restless. I tried to lay down after taking a bath but not even that relaxed me. I made my way to te library room and pulled a book down from the shelving hoping that would make my mind shut off enough to where I could sleep. I have a huge day tomorrow with delivering orders and processing the last of the order forms. I probably won't even take a break just so I can get it done. I'll be the only one delivering the orders tomorrow since the employee Jerry had hired to help run the back suddenly up and quit without even giving Jerry a reason. Who knows why he quit. He really didn't look that into doing his job anyway. I set the book aside not being able to focus on the words printed on the pages.

I thought back to when Zacky asked me to be his girlfriend and I've just realized that it will be a year since that day. It seems like the time just flew by but our love for each other has grown so much in this time. We have had our share of opinions where I had a nightmare while he was here at the house. Evidently I was sitting up in bed screaming at the top of my lungs. I didn't mean to blow up on him with my anger. I was just angry that my dream had been so brutal. I did apologize to him and he forgave me. Ever since that last nightmare...they've just vanished. It was like I was never having them in the first place. Zacky and I are always looking for time to spend with each other and when we have the opportunity...we sure as hell jump on it. I know while we're on tour I'll be spending lots of time with him just trying to make up the lost hours.

"I see you're not sleeping either." Payge said scaring me right out of my skin.

"Nope. I can't get my mnd to wind down."

"I know the feeling. So how do you think touring is going to be?" she asked me and I gave her a confused look.

"Don't you know?" She shook her head no.

"No but I have been to some of their shows."

"I guess we'll both be seeing what goes on." I said which made her chuckle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the last 2 weeks, I've been working my ass off to make sure I have everything done at the store plus making sure I've stocked up on the necessary items for tour and every night I come home, I'm so damn exhausted. Today is my last day of work until I come back from touring with the guys. I've been running around all day long getting orders delivered and helping Jerry as much as I could with filling out orders. I feel bad that I'm going to be leaving him here with no help to run the store but he assured me that he could do it. Zacky and I couldn't have lunch together today because of how busy we both were and that's understandable. He has last minute preparation with the guys while I have last minute order deliveries. I drove back to the mall after dropping off my last order and I parked Jerry's truck at the back entrance. I went through the door and seen Jerry hard at work getting orders filled. I took my whole break to deliver these orders but while Jerry is doing paperwork in the back I'm in charge of the store. I got more customers than I could handle and Jerry had to come from the back to help me out.

It was almost closing time and the customers trickled out one by one until the store was empty. I got up from my place at the counter and turned over the open sign to close before going back to my seat. The donation jar next to me was overflowing with money so I started counting it. As I separated the big bills from the small bills Jerry came out of the back.

"Hey Jer. How was the orders?" I asked smiling.

"I'm never going to get them done. I know I shouldn't be asking this of you since you're going on tour with your man but could you possibly take some of the orders home with you and then somehow get them back to me?"

"I can do that and then I'll slip them into my mailbox and you can come and get them just before coming here." I said nodding my head.

"Thanks Blaze. I'll be taking some home too and hopefully I'll have all or some of them completed. I'm going to start getting everything in the back straightened out and when you're done counting the money you can go ahead and go home."

"Alright...You know I'm really going to miss you while I'm away." I said as he opened the door to the back.

"I'm going to miss you too Blaze but please don't get into trouble."

"Yes sir." I said smiling. Jerry smiled right back at me before entering the back. I am going to miss him but I'll be gone and back before he even knows it. I continued on with counting the money we collected and added it to the bag with the other money. I went to the back where Jerry was making 2 stacks of papers. I handed him the money bag since he took it home every night in exchange for some of the paperwork.

"Have a goodnight Blaze."

"You too Jerry and don't worry I'll be back before you know it." I said hugging him.

"Just go out there and have one hell of a time." We broke our embrace and I left the building. Now I got to get home so I can pack and get these orders filled out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?