Status: Active!

Whisper

A Winter Morning

Winter had set in which meant students were bundling up as they got dropped off to school. Mori, himself had wrapped a baby blue coloured scarf around his neck as he ventured out into the early crisp of the morning.

He had left early so that he could take his time walking to school, he didn’t feel like rushing this morning and the quiet was a nice change to his usually hectic life. He stopped to check for cars before crossing the road and continuing his trip.

When Mori turned a corner he spotted someone wearing the Ouran elite private academy uniform and his eyebrow rose in curiosity, sure he was walking to school but that’s because he liked exercising. He wondered why they were walking when all the other students were chauffeured to school, was it a new student like Haruhi?

Mori continued to ponder on who could be walking to school, he couldn’t really see the person from the angle he was at but he could tell by the long hair and the school dress that it was a female, he watched her slow down to a stop and stoop down to tie her shoe. He moved slightly to overtake her when he got a better look at her and his breath caught in his throat.

Kiyomi?

He stopped next to her and she tilted her head up, her cheeks were red and for a second he worried that she would get sick again. He noted she wasn’t wearing a scarf nor did she have any gloves on.

“G-good-morning, Mori-kun,” Kiyomi greeted, smiling softly as she straightened up and readjusted her school bag on her shoulder.

“Morning,” Mori replied, he assessed her closely, before speaking up, “why aren’t you wearing warmer clothing?” He asked, refusing to move until she’d answered him.

Kiyomi’s face flushed and she muttered quietly, “I was in a rush and forgot to grab my scarf,” before Kiyomi had finished explaining Mori had made up his mind and took his scarf off before wrapping it around Kiyomi, making sure it covered her ears.

Kiyomi gave a surprised gasp; the scarf was a little big on her because it was tailor made for Mori. She was about to protest but he stopped her.

“I don’t want you to get sick again. Mitsukuni wouldn’t be happy either.” Mori stated simply, he didn’t want Kiyomi missing out on more classes and Mori wasn’t affected that much by the cold anyway, in all honesty he was more concerned for Kiyomi’s well-being than his own because he himself rarely got sick.

“T-thank you, Mori-kun,” Kiyomi said softly as they both started off, walking to school together.

“Why are you walking to school anyway?” Mori asked

Kiyomi seemed to be thinking about the answer before she finally said, “My driver took the day off for personal reasons and I told father I felt like walking,” she paused before answering, “what about you, Mori-kun?”

Mori shrugged, “I like walking over taking a limo, less flashy and it’s healthier to walk,” he stated, glancing back at Kiyomi.

Mori slowed down, seeing Kiyomi struggle to keep up with his long strides, he apologized softly and matched pace with her, he had to remind himself that her legs were much shorter than his, he glanced down at her, taking in the way her school dress fluttered around her as she walked or how his scarf looked cute on her. He paused in his thoughts, a blush surfaced to his face and he looked away, glad that they had made it to school.

Mori recovered from his embarrassment and looked back at Kiyomi, he saw her attempt to take his scarf off and much to his surprise he stopped her, taking her hands and lowering them, for a second he was flustered at his own actions but he quickly said, “keep it on until you get to class, I don’t need it until after school so you can borrow it until then,” he didn’t wait for a reply as he turned and quickly walking away before she could refuse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh I love Mori so much, isn't he just the sweetest? I'm really enjoying this story which makes it much easier to update as well! :D

Thanks for reading~