Status: Active!

Whisper

Dumbfounded

Dinner time had arrived and Mori noted that the food looked amazing, he wasn’t surprised though after all Kiyomi had helped to prepare dinner along with Haruhi and Shiori. Tamaki had insisted that they should have a home-cooked meal on their first night of the trip and it seemed the girls had gone all out.

“This food looks amazing!” Honey squealed taking a seat as everyone followed suit, after a quick prayer everyone dug in, murmuring their praises and thanking the girls for an amazing meal. Before Mori realized everyone had finished eating and Kiyomi was insisting that she would do the dishes.

Mori took the opportunity and rose quickly, “I’ll help her,” and before anyone could object he took the dirty dishes closest to him and strided to the kitchen where Kiyomi had already disappeared too. He took a glance at Honey on his way out to see Honey give him a look of approval before his face vanished behind the closing kitchen door.

“You don’t need to help, Mori-kun, I can manage on my own,” Kiyomi stated softly, filling the sink with hot water.

Mori placed the dishes on one side of the sink and took a look at her face, his breath caught in his throat and for a moment all he could do is open and close his mouth for a few seconds, finally closing it and covering his hand with his mouth, annoyed with himself.

“Is everything okay Mori-kun?” Kiyomi has turned, face full of concern as she peered up at the tall boy.

“I… I want to apologize… the way I acted earlier, it was rude, I’m really sorry, Kiyomi.” Mori babbled before looking away with a flushed face.

When Kiyomi didn’t reply he turned back quickly, his eyebrows furrowed with worry as he stared at the petite girl before him. Only when their eyes met did she finally respond.

“It’s f-fine, really.” She stammered as her face turned bright red.

Mori cursed himself, he felt tense and even though Kiyomi had declared that she was fine he still felt bad for upsetting her.

“M-mori-kun,” Kiyomi’s soft voice snapped him from his thoughts and he waited for her to continue talking, “H-honey told me, that you’ve been acting strange because,” she paused to dry her hands on a tea towel and Mori could feel his heart hammer in his chest, he felt the urge to flee but stayed perfectly still, “b-because you like me,”

Mori didn’t have time to comprehend what Kiyomi had just said, he didn’t even have time to react before she was in front of him, a look of determination in her gentle brown eyes. She reached out and took his shoulder into her small hand and with strength he didn’t know she was capable of having she tugged him down.

Their lips met in a soft kiss, sparking a strange warmth within him and Mori’s eyes widened in utter shock, he didn’t move a muscle, unable to digest what was going on.

He could smell her sweet perfume, he felt her soft rosy lips, he wanted to respond but he couldn’t, he stared at her closed eyes, too scared to move, afraid that if he responded or touched her she’d shatter like a fine porcelain doll but just like that the kiss was over and she was pulling away.

Kiyomi’s eyes opened and he watched them widen as she pulled away with a sudden jerk of her head, “I’m s-sorry,” she whimpered, taking a step back from Mori as he saw the tears well up in her eyes, “I-I’m so sorry,” she broke into a sob, realizing what she had done. She took another step away from Mori before turning and running out of the kitchen.

Mori stood still, dumbfounded at the turn of events.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Birthday Takashi! :D

This is a special chapter, kyah! Who would have known that the timid shy Kiyomi had the guts to do something like that~

I'd like to thank the lovely Lina for her help in making sure I didn't make Mori OOC, I really hope I didn't! :(

This chapter is dedicated to the amazing Emmalee for her support and the article she wrote on this story! No words can express how grateful I am to you and Lina <3

Any who thoughts on this chapter? :)

Ps: I'm also up to hearing ideas and opinions on where you think this is going! :D