Status: Active and New

Unwanted and Obscure

Chapter 2

The next morning came too early, I had class and then work and I sadly heard Cassy come in last night and I heard them most of this morning as well. I got dressed quickly, thanks to Cassidy throwing out most of my clothes when I arrived I didn't have many choices but I was slowly starting to piece my wardrobe together to where I felt comfortable in my new clothes.

Classes were boring as usual and I had a hard time staying awake but I took notes anyways I didn't want to fail out of school, I couldn't be my brother. Growing up in my family was hard, perfect grades are a must, pristine manners and proper etiquette are expected. Messing up is unacceptable. I won’t be a failure. My brother dropped out of college and got messed up with some bad people. He started doing drugs and he ended up getting shot, my parents had disowned him and wouldn't even take his phone call from the hospital.

My sister on the other hand is the golden child, she went to medical school, got offered a modeling job for extra money and is on her way to being a surgeon. I don’t know what I want to do with my life and my parents aren't happy about it, they sent me here to try and get my head straight. Cassidy is going to school to be a lawyer just like her father and they think she will be a good influence on me. I on the other hand think it’s the other way around her Dad wants me to be a good influence on her because of all of her partying habits.

I hurried to the café as soon as class was over. I didn't have to work but I didn't want to be depending on my parents all the time and I wanted some actual experience. Delia’s Café was a small coffee shop/bookstore that only locals really knew about; I only stumbled upon it because I was looking for a rare book a few summers ago when I came to visit Cassidy. I got along really well with Delia; she was in her late fifties and the sweetest woman I had probably ever met. She decided to hire me since I was spending all my afternoon’s there when I arrived two weeks ago.

“Good afternoon Rory” Delia called as I walked in. “You look mighty sassy today, I see Cassidy changed your wardrobe a little more, I think you look lovely.”

I blushed.

“Thank you Delia, I don’t know how I feel about it quite yet but it’s not too bad at least the skirt almost reaches my knees.” I said with a smile.

“Well I am going to trust you to look after the store this afternoon I have to go meet with my banker, I hope you don’t mind staying to close? I meant to ask you yesterday” she said.

“No problem at all I can do some homework while I’m at it” I said with a smile.

“You need to get out more, it’s a Friday night and you didn't even try to fake that you had plans” she smirked at me.

I just shrugged my shoulders. Delia left and the store was pretty empty. We normally close at seven thirty but I got so caught up in my reading that it was nearing eleven and I should have been out of there hours ago. I could hear a commotion outside and suddenly someone pushed through the door. I just stared wide eyed and lips slightly parted.

“You really pissed him off mate, hiding in this store isn't going to save you from the beating you’re going to get mate.”

Two much larger than they should be men were now sitting in my shop and had yet to realize I was sitting behind the counter. One was very broad in the shoulders and had golden hair, and a busted lip. The other was a little lankier at least six foot two and he had an intimidating stare. I didn't know what was going on, I was so confused. I tried to move from my chair and onto the floor without making a sound but my chair creaked.

“What have we got here, shouldn't you be home right now?” The taller one asked raising an eyebrow.

The door opened again catching everyone’s attention.

“Kitten, didn't I tell you bad things go bump in the night?” Zayn asked staring at me.

I just looked down at my shoes; I was perfectly capable of taking care of myself. Zayn raised his balled up fist and hit the broader guy so hard he was knocked to the ground. I gasped; he had so much power in one punch, and the look on his face as he heard the snap of that man’s neck, the man couldn't even stand up. The look on Zayns face had changed to anger.

“Now I suggest you two get in the vehicle I have waiting outside if you value your lives” Zayn snarled at them.

He turned and looked at me, my eyes were wide and I couldn't look at him so I focused on my shoes again. I heard his footsteps coming closer. I could tell he was looking around a little bit, taking his time.

“So this is where you work, it suits you, but I see the sign says you close at seven thirty, so what are you still doing here, are you waiting on your lover maybe” He asked.

My cheeks were on fire, I had never had a kiss let alone a boyfriend.

“No, I just got caught up doing some reading for a class” I said slowly refusing to meet his gaze.
All of a sudden I felt hand on my waist and I was hoisted over the counter, so I was now sitting almost eye level with him. I knew if I was standing I would barely reach his shoulder, not even that probably right at his chest. I was barely 5’2.

“Now I want you to look at me” he said gently but I didn't want to so I kept my eyes trained on my shoes. “I said look at me princess, don’t test my patience” he said menacingly.

I look at him immediately his tone sending shivers down my spine and not in a good way, he terrified me. My eyes were probably as wide as saucers.

“Good girl” he said pushing a piece of hair behind my ear. “I definitely approve of this outfit, you have mighty lovely legs, you scream innocence and I’m going to love ripping it from you. I want you to go home as soon as you lock this store up, no other stops kitten, I’m pretty sure you know I am not to be tested.” He y said with a smirk.

I just stared at him; I didn't know what he meant by ripping away my innocence and I honestly didn't want to find out. I took in his face a little better than last time; he was so handsome he could be a model, aside from his tattoos. His biceps were strong; he had no problem lifting me over the counter without even having an excellent grip on me.

“I expect an answer” he said tapping his foot a little but the smirk never left his perfect lips.

“Y-y-es s-sir” I stuttered out.

This caused another chuckle to pass his lips, I couldn't help it the stuttering, he made me uncomfortable, his hands weren't leaving my hips and I couldn't think straight.

“Well this has been lovely kitten, I’ll be seeing you around” He said with a wink.

He finally took his hands off my waist and kissed my forehead walking out the door leaving me dumbstruck with no idea as to what is going on. I quickly grabbed my stuff and debated on which would be the safest way home.

I checked my phone and Cassidy left me a message to meet her at a bar, I thought about it and decided to meet her there, I forgot my keys anyways. I grabbed my bag and closed everything up. I messaged Cass quickly and hurried toward the bar.

I had only been to this bar once, and last time I was here I was underage. I quickly walked in and found Cassidy sitting at a table waiting for me with a drink. I hadn't had a chance to tell her about my run in with Zayn last night since she wasn't up when I left this morning. I didn't know what to do about Zayn or if there was anything to do about him, he just scared me a little. I sat and sipped on my drink while Cass finished talking to the guy she was with when I came in, it took her a little over half an hour to get rid of him. I didn't mind I needed the extra time to think honestly.

“You finally made it, I sent that message an hour ago, and where have you been?” she asked.

“Well that’s kind of a funny stor-“ I was cut off mid-sentence.

“Kitten I thought we agreed you would be going home” He said in a slightly irritated voice.

I looked up and there was Zayn with those four other men and Cassidy was shaking in fear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I think this is the most I have updated in awhile two stories in one day and back to back. I hope someone comments this chapter i really need to know what you all think. I really like writing this story and i hope you guys are enjoying it.
Aurora's Outfit.
http://www.polyvore.com/rory/set?id=116349711

Comment/Subscribe.

XOXO Obscure.