Status: Slow updates.

Leave Yourself Behind

Chapter 03 ; The Wedding

Cersei stands before me in the mirror tying my hair back. Some of it falls in complicated swirls the rest in a high hold. Tonight I would be attending my own sisters forced marriage. I’ve been told he was a lust filled beast. I was terrified for my own sister, though if I said something it would be clear that I was only here to kill Joffrey.

Cersei tugs harder. Her lips straighten in a tight line as she stares at me in the mirror. Did she see me as an enemy? Of course she did. Sansa had told me this before. She told me that they saw everyone else as an enemy. Or, anyone who wasn’t them was an enemy.

“Done.” Cersei says. She backs away from me before turning around all together. Her hands clutch together and her knuckles turn white.
“You displease me. I believe everyone accept myself and my son are enemies. Therefore you are one of them. Shall you hurt my son I will discover who your family may be or who you may love and take them away from you. I will make you feel misery shall you betray the Lannisters.” She says.
“I understand your protectiveness over your son. I promise you I am only looking to be a friend towards his grace.” I stand before her.

I knew that my lies were becoming more frequent and believable. If she was really the smart person she seems to be then she should leave me right now. She should execute me.

She’s almost as much of a fool as her son is.

“You are a bastard child of someone here. I will figure out who Elyria.” She saunters out of the room as her son walks in. He admires me, swiftly walking around me looking down my figure then back up.

“I knew she would make you beautiful.” He takes my hand, kissing it. Maybe I should yank it away and kill him right now. No, I’ll wait. I’ll make him hurt more than just physically.
“Thank You, Your Grace.” I say clasping my hands together.
“I never did welcome you to Kings Landing. Nor did I return your sword to you. I might soon.” He sits down in a chair across from me.
“Though, I would like you know you before I return such a weapon. Where did you come from?” He asks.

“I came from across sea. I boarded a boat in secret and road over here. I do not have money nor any family wealth.” I begin.
“Understandable. It would be strange had you brought wealth with you. You’ll have to marry in to one of our families. Posibbly Lannister if we were to find someone. Or we could take a large step joining the Stark’s and Lannisters. Or the bastard son of Eddard.”

My own flesh and blood. A half brother? I would marry my own half brother? I couldn’t reject, not with this threat I already pose to them. He and I had become closer then anything in the time we were allowed to spend. Though I was a bastard daughter, our time was limited. Most might believe we were to be wed, but I was never seen.

“Lannister hopefully.” He stands to me taking my hand in his again.
“You will bear a Lannister child. Though I guess it doesn’t matter which Lannister puts the child in you.” He smiles.

My mind freezes, did he mean that he was going to put the baby in me? He wouldn’t. That would be my tie to end. Despite it being so young in my plan I would end Joffrey had he ever lay a single finger were I did not want him to.

His cold hands run up my body before completely backing away from me.

“I have to go prepare for the feast. You may speak to the bride. But mention this to her or anything I have just told you, I will put you to death.” His lips move close to my ear before moving away from me.

I stand there not surprised. I didn’t care that he had done that. I expected it. Sansa had told me before that he was a vicious man. I would get to see her finally. For the first time in awhile I would see the face of my sister for the first time.

I walk through the doors before approaching my sister as she stands by herself on the ledge overlooking Kings Landing.

“I didn’t think I’d get to see my beautiful sister on her wedding day.”

Sansa turns to me before a small breaks out onto her face. It diminishes quickly though as she looks around.

“You’ve arrived! I didn’t think I’d ever see you once again! But you can’t do what I think you’re going to do. You can’t kill Joffrey.” She sighs.

“Sansa, that isn’t your problem to worry about. Just get married tonight and do whatever you please. But do not mention to anyone that you and I are of relation. To everyone else I am but an orphan.” I say.
“Please be careful. I don’t want you to die. Not like Dad.” She says.
“I know sister. I’m going to be alright. I am strong and I am fierce. I will make him pay for our father’s death. He hurt the both of us immensely. He will fall if it’s by death or by admitting that he is nothing but a rotten imbred.” I snarl turning my back to her.

I see Joffrey in the hall next to his mother as they sit. He smiles standing and waving me over to him.

“I see that the bride has returned. She seems to have taken a nice liking to you.” He smiles pulling a chair out for me to sit next to him.

Cersei looks at me with a look that can only be described as hatred when I sit. Joffrey smiles brightly at me as he excuses himself for a moment.

“Wouldn’t you rather speak to your bride to be?” His mother asks once he sees Sansa standing.
“I have a entire lifetime for that.” He mumbles before stalking over to Sansa. I walk away from my seat, not wanting to sit in a crowded place. I try to find someone that I knew, just a little person.
I see Jon in the crowd of nobles. I instantly migrate towards him throwing my arms around him.
“Hello brother.” I smile.

“Nice to see you again.” He smiles hugging me back.
“I heard what you told the King.” He smirks down at me.
“A little lie will not hurt him.” I smile.
“Do you plan a execution?” He asks me.
“I do.” I respond.
“Go now sister. The King will return soon. You must be there with him or he will surely retreat to the crowd of nobles. Best not cause a riot correct?”
“Correct. Until next time.”