Watch Your Step

She is a what?! (Meeting the Avengers)

Time passed quickly since the surgery and Alana was finally fully accommodated to her life with functioning eyes. She even received her glasses that she currently only needed to use while reading, so as to not harm her already fragile sight. She wasn't complaining, though, being extremely happy that she was finally capable of fully experiencing the world without having to touch, pat or bump into everything.

Loki, on the other hand, was displeased, to the least. This was not how things were supposed to go. He truly hoped that her life would get better with the surgery, but it seemed things were already starting to go down, even if only slightly.

He had also started working with S.H.I.E.L.D (but mostly Stark), as promised, and he would use his knowledge to help them with research, realizing soon that although the technology was different and so were the terms, the basics were the same in both cultures. Which made it easier but it drained his energy and magic anyway, seeing as he had to magically show them everything, most of the time, for Stark and Bruce to fully comprehend the complexity of the Asgardian discoveries.

It was all for good use, because he was aware that this way, he gained respect and credibility among the Avengers and the S.H.I.E.L.D agents, as well as more liberty to explore and use more of his magic. Which he intended to put to good use later on.

Unfortunately, there was one thing that he could not escape, and that was the Avengers wanting to meet Alana, the girl he was doing all these for. After a lot of persuasion and annoying conversations, he finally gave in and decided that he would bring her at the Tower once, hoping to shut them up.

Thus, he was now in the elevator, holding Alana's hand in a fake attempt to calm her down, truly trying to keep his calm and try not to kill everyone in the room. Luckily, when the doors opened, there was only his brother in the room, stuffing his face with the 'glorious Tarts of Pop'. However, when he saw them walk in, he immediately put the treat aside and walked up to them, greeting them with a blindingly wide smile, hugging Alana a bit too hard. At which Loki could barely contain his growl.

"Good afternoon, Lady Ala-" Thor tried to finish his sentence but a seemingly pain-filled shriek stopped him. They all turned to look behind the blond god and see where it had came from, and their eyes landed upon Tony Stark, glass half turned in hand, scotch pouring on the floor.

"Brother Anthony, what bothers you so deeply?" Thor asked, confusion and worry visible on his face.

"Is this her?!" he held one hand up, rudely pointing at the female standing between the two gods. He squinted his eyes when she waved with a smile.

"Hello, Stark." she eyed him curiously, awaiting a reaction, just like the rest of them. Soon enough Bruce and Steve entered the room, asking what happened.

"YOU. Are. The. One. LOKI. Is. Dating??" he emphasized his name more than the other words, almost fuming at the scene.

"I guess." she shrugged. "I wanted to thank you for paying for the surgery. It truly means a lot." Tony just shook his head as she watched him, a familiar charming smile greeting him.

By this point, everyone in the room was utterly confused. Loki was also angry and/or jealous, but he kept his calm and moved closer to her just a bit.

"I didn't know it was for YOU. In case you forgot, I didn't know your real name, Chanel." he sighed and moved to the bar to pour himself another glass.

"I'm not Chanel anymore." her smile began turning into a full smirk.

"Well obviously." Stark almost faceplanted on the counter, sulking in defeat.

In the meantime, everyone was painfully confused. Thor munched on his Poptarts silently, looking from Alana and Loki to the sulking Tony. Steve and Bruce were watching Stark awkwardly, wondering what to do.

"Can someone tell us what the hell is going on?" Bruce finally spoke.

By this point, Alana was simply trying to get Loki to calm down, hugging him tightly and continuously reassuring him that it's not as bad as it seems.

"I've known Alana for quite some time. But by her stage name, Chanel. Before the attack, she used to be a cabaret dancer at my favourite discreet club. I tried to ask her out thousands of times, sent her presents, I even tried to pay her. She refused every single time." he took a sip of his scotch and glared in Loki's direction. "She always said it was against club policies and besides, she was taken. I never got my chance and after the New York thing, I lost her. Only to find you in Reindeer Games' hands." he took another gulp of scotch.

Alana just laughed at his sulking and cupped Loki's face, noticing that he had already relaxed. Loki sighed in what seemed like relief and leaned down to peck her lips. "Now I understand why you didn't want to take the money." he whispered in her ear before pulling away and taking her hand in his, kissing it gingerly.

"What is a cabaret dancer?" Thor finally spoke, after having finished his Poptarts. He was also growing tired of moving his head from left to right to look at everyone in the room. He looked genuinely confused.

"A cabaret dancer is a stage performer. Dancer, singer, actor, actress in my case. Fun things. It definitely did not include flirting or dating clients." she playfully glared at Tony before snuggling into Loki's arms.

"Are you ever going back to being a burlesque entertainer?" Tony asked, a sparkle in his eyes.

"I don't know. I never really checked if Mabel rebuilt the club or anything. So I'm not sure if I will go back to being a cabaret dancer..."

"Oh, she rebuilt it. And she's hiring." Tony took his glass and took the last gulp before putting it down.

"You did not..." she watched him in disbelief.

"Oh yes, I did. Paid for everything, on account that she keeps a spot open for you at all times. J.A.R.V.I.S, call Mabel."

Everyone in the room continued staring at him for a while before Thor broke the ice by mentioning he needed more Poptarts and inviting them to join him, leaving a hopeful Tony behind.