Status: Coming Soon.

Polyamorous.

Almost Peachy

The night falls and still no Callen. That's almost a total of three days that Callen's been gone; three whole days of brewing tension between us all. Though, the tension between Quenton and I is slowly dissipating, and I'm suddenly more aware of the flirty advances than I was before. It still puts me on edge, but I've adapted slightly. I've shared the same bed as him for these last three nights and that's helped a lot. Both with my nightmares and my slight fear of him.

Truth be told though, I miss my brother though. Even after what he said, I can't be too angry at him. Callen's always had a temper; he often ranted to me when we were younger. But he never got out of line with our father and for that I was grateful. I guess pent up anger has to come out sometime. And I'm not making excuses for him, because he's still in the wrong, but I do miss his airy presence. I know Quenton does too.

"I miss him," I murmur, looking up at Quenton from my place beside him.

Long fingers twist in my hair as a sort of acknowledgement as the arm wrapped around me tightens. "You and me both, honey."

"You think he'll come home tomorrow?" I ask hopefully.

"Cal is his own person, Ani. You know that, I know that. He'll be home when he's finished beating himself up over this. We can only hope that, that day is tomorrow. But if it's not, then we wait," Quenton says, kissing the top of my head.

That's the extent of our conversation for the rest of the night. We just lay quietly together while a movie I've never seen before plays on the television. Eventually though, Quenton falls asleep, breathing evening out andslowing down. It takes me quite a bit longer to allow my brain to settle before I'm out and dreaming sweetly.

~

"Anaias."

I swat at the person calling my name, pressing my face further into the pillow. Please don't wake me up, I plead mentally. But it's no use because once again, there's hands in my hair and that same voice calling.

"Anaias, baby, wake up."

I groan, peeking an eye open. I'm met with freckles and bright blue eyes and I nearly scare myself with how close Quenton's face is. He seems to notcie and shifts back slightly, smile adorning his lips. If he wasn't so pretty, I'd smack that smile right off of his lips. This had better be important because I was having a very, very good dream and I would like to go back to being covered in kisses, thank you.

"Hm? Kisses you say?" He questions, looking at me with a knowing smirk.

I squeal, literally squeal and hide under the covers. "I did not say that out loud," I groan. "Tell me I didn't say that out loud."

"You did. Now if you stop hiding, I will gladly give you some morning kisses."

That seems to send my little brain into a frenzy and I'm popping out from under the covers quicker than anything. I blush at the raised eyebrow I get, blushing darker as I'm pulled between a pair of long arms. One of Quenton's arms wraps around my middle and the other meets my face, fingers tilting my chin up. I barely have time to gasp before his lips are slotting over mine. I practically melt against him and sigh happily, hands finding purchase somewhere along his biceps, squeezing them when I decide I need air. When he pulls away, the hue of his blue orbs is slightly darker, making me widen my own eyes; I've never seen someone's eyes get darker before.

"Good morning to you too, love," Quenton chuckles, eyes slowly fading back to their regular shade of blue. "Looks like I've seemed to have caught another one who's mighty passionate in the mornings, huh?" I shrug and blush, hiding my face in response. "Now, now. Don't you hide from me again. I have a surprise for you downstairs and I need you to get up, okay?"

I nod lazily, allowing him to move me off of him and drag me out of bed. He pulls me to my feet, laughing as I grumble about not wanting to get up. I suppose I could easily just lay back down but I'm sure Quenton would be able to wrestle me back out of the bed. He may not be as strongly built as my brother, but he still has more muscle than I do. But I really am tiny, so I guess that's not really saying much. I eventually stop grumbling and just let him drag me down the steps, until we're about half way down and I see what the 'surprise' is. And then it's like Quenton can't move fast enough.

My brother smiles weakly at me and I couldn't care less that it looks more like a grimace. The only thing on my mind is getting to him and quickly. Once we're off the stairs and Quenton has moved to the side, I'm full speed belting at the brunette, desperate to crush him within my arms. I finally get my hands on him, and a groan leaves his lips at the contact of our bodies. I don't care though, because this is my brother and I missed him so much.

"You're back," I whisper into his shirt, fisting the fabric tightly. I barely hear Quenton say that he's giving us privacy, but his retreating footsteps register in my brain and I'm thankful that he has left Cal and I alone to talk, assuming that he's already sorted everything out with Callen himself.

He chuckles at me, resting his head atop mine. "Yeah. I'm back. Let's take this to the den, hm? You and I have big things to discuss."

I nod and let him lead the way. I sit next to him on the couch and curl up so that I'm facing him with my knees at my chest. He doesn't speak for a while and I'm okay with the silence. It gives me time to prepare for what he has to say as an apology. Part of me, although miniscule, feels as if I should apologize too. But I won't because for just this once, I know that did nothing wrong.

"There's not really much I have to say except I'm sorry. So unbelievably sorry and I wouldn't even be the slightest bit upset if you decided to give me the cold shoulder for the rest of eternity because that was just wrong. I don't really know what came over me, but that's no excuse. I know I have a horrible temper too and even that is no excuse. I shouldn't have... God, I shouldn't have kissed you. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I don't know what else to say besides I'm sorry...

And I should have called, or something to let you two know that I was okay. Believe me, I didn't want you to worry, but I just couldn't. I'd truly hit rock bottom and I couldn't think of a way to make it better. I just hope that it's not too late to ask for your forgiveness. I love you, and without you or Quenton, I'm a mess. Practically nothing. And I just don't want to be that way again," he chokes, babbling endlessly.

I probably look like a fish out of water, with the way my mouth opens and closes continuously. I spew no words because I'm speechless. He really could have just said he ws sorry, and I would have forgave him. But this little speech is so much better because it has so much more feeling in it. I crawl across the couch until I'm directly in front of him, throwing my arms around him just like earlier.

"Of course, I forgive you, Cal. You're my brother. I'll always forgive you," I say, smiling up at him. "We're blood. And I'm glad you're home because without you, a part of me is missing too."

He wipes his slightly watering eyes and it's definitely a sight worth everything. I snuggle myself into him, feeling truly happy. Sure, everything isn't solved. But his apology is the first step and that's good enough. I can tell when Quenton returns because there's a distinct giggle that I know for sure doesn't belong to Callen, and obviously, I didn't laugh. Turning around, I can see him leaning up against the doorway to the kitchen, arms crossed over his chest.

"Well, I made breakfast. So we can all eat now. I know for sure that the little prince has to be starving," Que states and it's only then that I notice my insistent hunger.

"Yeah, sure. Just let me use the bathroom and I'll meet you to at the table," Callen says, moving from my hold and walking off.

Once we're in the kitchen, Quenton gives me a knowing look. I furrow my eyebrows at him, glaring slightly. "What? Why're you looking at me like that?"

"You didn't tell him, did you?" He inquires, shaking his head.

Is it bad that I know exactly what he's talking about? "No. I figured that little heart felt conversation could wait."

"Anaias, I want you to tell him today. Preferably after breakfast, but definitely today," He orders, putting on a smile when Cal walks back into the room.

Callen's eyes drift back and forth between us before he asks, "Is everything okay?"

"Peachy!" I tell him as Quenton ushers us into our chairs to eat. "Everything is absolutely peachy."

Well, I mean.... almost peachy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well you know. I decided that I didn't want this chapter to be like three thousand words so I'm saving the other part for later. But yay for Callen coming back! Right?

And how many of you expected/wanted Ani to stay mad?

I don't really have much to say this time around except thank you to all of my readers, especially the ones who comment. I love each and everyone of you.

Keep up the good work! & You know what to do!

P.S. I've set up the summary page for my next story. It won't actually be updated for a bit though, because I want to dig up some motivation so I can update Shipwrecked and hopefully get it caught up to this one length wise. I think it's interesting and I'm excited to start it. So check it out and stuff and see if it's something you'd like to read. You can find it here.