Betrayed

An Epic Of Time Wasted

Betrayed
Chapter 1
An Epic Of Time Wasted
~October's P.O.V.~
"October, you don't have to do this." Wil said, reaching for my arm as I pulled away.
"Actually, Wil, yes I do. I have to do this. I'm not doing this anymore. This is absolutely unfair." I shouted.
"I don't understand why you're leaving. After all this time? After all we've been through?" he said, softly, his eyes tearing up.
"No, no, no. After the bullshit you put me through. You're never there for me, you're always out with your douchebag friends, & when you are here, your mind is totally somewhere else. You are never here. Never."
"October, I'm - I don't know what to say. I'm sorry." he stuttered, his voice lowering to a soft whisper.
"You don't get it. I need you to be here. Here. With me. Right here, right now. This is the most you've ever been there for me & that's pathetic. I've been trying to get through to you. Nothing works. I'm done. This just isn't going to work." I sighed, running my fingers through my shoulder length blonde hair.
"October, please. Look, I'll try harder. Just give me another chance." he whispered, looking deeply into my eyes.
"Not again. Do you know how many chances I've given you?"
"October, I-" "I gotta go. I don't have time for this." I interrupted him as I walked away.
"Where are you going?" he yelled after me. Not answering, I heard footsteps running behind me.
"I'm not letting you go." he said, grabbing my arm.
"Let me go. Now." I said, clenching my teeth.
"I can't let you do this to us."
"Wil, this is it. If you don't let me go, I swear I will fucking hurt you."
"Right." he chuckled. He didn't let go so I broke his grasp & pushed him down to the ground & held him there with my fist getting ready to knock his lights out.
"Tobe, I think we both know you don't have it in you to hurt me." Wil smirked.
"Try me, fucker." I growled. His eyes widened a little. He had seen me go ape shit before & he knew that was not something he wanted to be unleashed onto him. I slowly stood up & walked away, looking behind me every few seconds to see him still lying on the ground watching me walk away.
Wil had been my boyfriend for 3 years. We had been through some really bad times & some really great times, but it was time to let it go. He had distanced himself from me, but he didn't realize it. I was 27 & my parents had both died a few years prior, I had just broken up with my longtime boyfriend, & to top it all off, I had nowhere to go. I still had a few things left at Wil's, but I was not about to deal with that after the horrible break up. There was only one person to call at a time like this; my best friend, Amy Milton. We had known each other ever since we were in diapers & we talked to each other practically every day. I dialed her number once I was a few blocks away from Wil.
"Hey girlfriend! What's up?" she answered.
"Hey, I, um, I dumped Wil." I sighed.
"You can stay at my place if you want. Where are you? I'll come get you."
"I'm walking down Cypress Avenue getting ready to come up on Slater Boulevard."
"Give me a few minutes & I'll be there."
"Thank you so much girl." I said before I hung up. I sat on the edge of the curb, waiting. About 5 minutes later, she pulled up next to the curb & I opened the passenger side door & sat down inside.
"Look, I know how depressed you must feel. I say we go to this club called Johnny's Bar. There's supposed to be this awesome band perform there tonight. We can get shitfaced drunk & it'll help you feel a little better & maybe take your mind off of all this other bullshit. What do ya say?" she looked hopeful, keeping her eyes on the road ahead.
"Why the hell not? I could use it. Let's do it!" I sighed.
"We'll go back to my place & I'll find you an outfit to wear tonight. I know most of your stuff is at Wil's & I know you're not about to go over there & deal with all that crap." she chuckled, turning the steering wheel left as we went around the corner.
"Thanks." I grinned, thankful.