Betrayed

Coming Home

Chapter 13
Coming Home
~Zacky's P.O.V.~
Brian had called me to see if I wanted to come down to the pier to throw back some beer & smoke some cigarettes. I really wanted to stay inside & drown in my own sorrow, but I needed to get out. I threw on my plain black Vans & started walking towards the pier. I was almost there when I saw her. Her blonde hair flowing in the wind. But Brian was nowhere to be seen. Brian, you fuck. I kept walking towards her & when she saw me, she just stood & waited for me to get closer to her.
"Hey." she said.
"Hey, what's up?" I asked her, putting my hands in my pocket.
"Well, I figured we'd work things out. Brian practically begged me."
"Fucker. He told me he was waiting for me with beer & cigarettes." I shook my head.
"Well, if you don't want to work things out, that's fine with me." she said as she started walking away.
"No, I really want to apologize & fix this."
"Start talking then." she snapped.
"October, I'm sorry. I should've told you sooner. After I saw you down at the pool & you wouldn't talk to me, I went into a really depressed state. I went out & bought 3 bottles of Jack Daniel's, went back to my room & got plastered. Later that night, Brian took me to a bar, we picked up a couple of chicks, & the next morning, I woke up naked, & this naked girl was on me. I felt horrible for what I did, but I don't remember anything. I was way too drunk to remember anything."
"You did what?" she asked me in shock.
"I'm just being honest with you. I'm putting it all out there. I know this worsens my chances of us ever getting back together, but I wasn't honest with you before, but I'm trying to be now."
"Zack, I just want an honest relationship. You screwed that up."
"I know I did. I should never have listened to Brian that night. That was very wrong of me. I'm so sorry. If I could take it back, I would. I can understand if you don't want to talk to or see me again. I can understand if you don't ever want to get back with me. I just hope you'll change your mind & give me a chance." I told her, looking at the ground.
"You have no idea how much pain you caused me. I really liked you, Zacky. I think I may have even loved you. I want to trust you again, but I don't know if I can let myself do that."
"It's okay, October. I get it. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. If you ever need anything or change your mind, call me. I love you, October. I really do." I said as I started walking away. I heard her sigh & then she said my name. I turned to look & she just stood there.
"Come here." she said.
"What is it?" I asked her, confused. I started walking back towards her & she just grabbed my face & planted her lips on mine.
"I swear to god, if you ever hurt me or do anything stupid like that ever again, I'm going to fucking kill you." she laughed, wrapping her arms around me.
"Wait, does this mean-" "Yes, Zacky. I'll be your girlfriend again & you'll be my boyfriend again." she cut me off. I couldn't help but to pick her up off of her feet & spin around a few times.
"I love you, too, Zacky Baker." she smiled when I sat her back down.
"Thank you so much, beautiful." I said, putting my arm around her. Then my phone rang. It was Brian.
"Hello?" I answered.
"It's about fucking time! Congrats, brother!" Brian laughed.
"With what?" I asked him, confused. Then, we saw him walking towards us from across the street.
"I watched you two the entire time. I had to. I was really worried there for a little while. You two are great together. Zacky loves you. He really does." Brian said to October.
"I know he does. I love him, too." she grinned, looking up at me & taking my hand.
"Now, come on, fuckers. Let's go celebrate with everybody else!" Brian smiled, putting one arm around each of us. We walked to Brian's car & I called everyone, telling them to meet at Matt & Val's. Once we were there in the backyard, I put my arm around October.
"We're back together everyone!" I shouted, excitedly. Everyone cheered & gave us both hugs.
"She's a keeper, dude. Both of you need to stick together. You're perfect for each other." Matt smiled.
"Oh, we know. I fucked up. She knows that. I don't know if she's forgiven me yet, but I know I'm on my way to her forgiveness." I smiled at her, kissing her forehead.
"Oh my god! Look at that duck! That duck is huge! Come here, duck. Come here, stallion duck." Jimmy yelled as a huge group of ducks passed through Matt & Val's backyard.
The End