Betrayed

Victim

Chapter 12
Victim
~October's P.O.V.~
I had finally managed to catch a bus back to Huntington Beach. I was so ready to go home. I should've guessed that this was going to happen. I really thought that Zacky actually liked me, maybe even loved me. He was a rockstar, though. I just needed to face the music & move on. I slept most of the way to California & once I was there, I had Amy come pick me up. I explained everything to her & needless to say, she was extremely pissed off.
"What a douche rocket." she said, pulling into our driveway.
"I'd really rather not talk about it." I sighed, getting out of the car & walking up to the house. Why me? Why did I have to deal with all this bullshit? I was really hoping that Zack was different than everyone else. I went inside & immediately went to my room, crashing onto my bed & falling asleep. When I woke up, I saw Amy over me, trying to wake me up.
"Hey, there's someone at the door for you." she told me.
"Who is it?" I asked her, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.
"Just get up & come in here." she said, before leaving the room. I stood up & walked to the front door, seeing Wil standing in the doorway.
"Hey." he waved, shyly.
"Hey, what's up?" I sighed.
"You left this at my apartment." he said, handing me a purple t shirt.
"Oh, thanks." I replied, quietly, taking the shirt from him.
"Listen, do you think we could go the beach & take a walk or something?"
"I don't think so. I really just want to stay home. I'm not in the mood."
"Are you okay?" he asked me, worriedly.
"Yeah, it's just that Zacky & I broke up."
"Please, October. I mean, it really sounds like you're torn up about it. Just come with me." I stood there for a minute, thinking about it.
"You know what? Yeah, I'll come with you. Let me grab my iPod & some shoes." I told him as I walked back inside. When I came back out to Wil, I received a text.
"October, look, I know I fucked up. I know that I hurt you. You have to forgive me. I was going to tell you. Really. Just give me another chance." It was Zack. I didn't bother saying anything back. I was not ready to argue with him again.
"Everything okay?" Wil asked me.
"Yeah. It's nothing." I sighed, turning on my iPod & walking down the street. I started listening to some Bullet For My Valentine when Wil started talking to me again.
"Look, I, um, I know you just broke up with him, but you don't think there's any chance, we could fix things, do you?"
"Maybe. I just need some time. That's all." I sighed.
"I know. I understand. I've just come to realize what I've done. You're special & you deserve the best. As much as I hate to say this, if you being with someone else keeps you happy, I'm all for it. I just want you to be happy. With or without me." he grinned, putting his hands in the pocket of his jeans.
"Thanks, Wil. That really means a lot." I smiled as we reached the pier. I leaned on one of the wooden posts & looked out over the water. Then my eyes fell on the end of the pier where Zacky & I used to sit & talk. I started tearing up & shook it off.
"Fuck off." I muttered under my breath.
"What?" Wil asked me, looking over at me.
"Nothing. It's nothing." I told him. We walked up & down the pier & all over the beach for a few hours. It was finally starting to get dark outside.
"Shall I take you home now?" he asked me.
"Yeah, I guess that might be a good idea." I grinned, changing the song on my iPod. Once we were back at my house, he walked me up to the door.
"Thanks, Wil. I really needed that." I told him, leaning in to kiss his cheek.
"Anytime, October. I'm always here for you. No matter what." he smiled, blushing a little.
"Bye, Wil." I waved.
"Later, October." he waved back, walking back down the street. I shut the door behind me & Amy immediately did her usual thing.
"Nothing happened. We just took a walk to the beach & talked a lot." I told her before she even opened her mouth.
"Are you going to get back with him?"
"Probably not. I just want to be single for a while."
"I understand that." she sighed.
"I'm, uh, I'm going to go to bed." I said as my phone rang alerting my that I had a text. It was Valary.
"Hey, I heard what happened. I'm really sorry. Guys can be such dicks sometimes. If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to get a hold of me, Matt, Jimmy, or Johnny. We'll all be here for you. :-)"
"Thanks, Val. That means a lot. I'm going to go to bed now, but I will text you tomorrow." I texted her back.
Weeks passed & finally everyone was back from their tour. I was dreading them coming home because I knew Zacky would try to find me. A few days had passed & still no sign of Zack. I was thankful for that. I really was in no mood to deal with his shit.
~Zacky's P.O.V.~
When we got back from touring, I was happy to be home, but I was also really depressed. October still wasn't talking to me. I texted her & I called her & still, no answer. Then, Brian called me.
"Hey." I answered.
"Hey." he said. It went really quiet for a minute or two before I broke the silence.
"Well? What'd you want?"
"I don't know how else to say this, but I'm sorry." he apologized.
"What are you talking about? Sorry for what?" I asked him, confused.
"Zack, I've been an ass. To you, to the guys, to October. I'm really sorry."
"What happened to you, dude?" I asked him in shock.
"I know how much October means to you now."
"What? How?"
"I think I fell in love. Her name is Michelle."
"Wait a minute. Isn't that Valary's sister?"
"Yeah, actually." he chuckled.
"Do you have any idea how much you fucked up my life? October is gone & she'll probably never talk to me ever again."
"I know, dude, I know. I fucked up big time. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry."
"Well, it's too late now. I'm just going to have to try to move on."
"I hope you can forgive me." he said.
"I guess. Sorry I beat you up."
"Yeah, well, I deserved it for being such a douche."
"Yeah, you did kinda deserve it." I chuckled.
"Yes, that I did." he agreed.
~Brian's P.O.V.~
I had really fucked everything up for Zacky. He finally seemed to be really happy & he found a girl he really clicked with & I went & shot it to hell. I've bee a jerk for a long time & I don't even know why. I must have seriously let the fame go to my head. When I met Michelle, I don't know what it was, but my whole huge ego went shattering to the ground. She totally changed me for the better. Now, I have to try to figure out how to help Zacky. I fucked this up & now I need to fix it. I had decided to go over to October's myself & convince her to take back Zacky. I called Valary & explained to her what I was doing. Needless to say, she thought it was way overdue that I did something like this. Like the guys, she also thought that I was a jerk most of the time, too. She gave me October's address & I hurriedly drove over there. Once I was there, I walked up to her door & knocked, waiting.
"What do you want?" October answered, annoyed to see me.
"I know that I've been a real jerk lately, but I came here to apologize for everything I've said or done to you or Zack."
"Well, it's a little late. We're not together anymore."
"I know. That's the other thing I came over here to talk to you about."
"Brian, no. Zack doesn't care about me. It's over." she sighed.
"Oh, yes he does. A lot more than you think. Zack loves you. You're perfect for him. He has been so depressed lately without you."
"He should be. What he did was wrong."
"He knows & the thing is, it was mainly my fault. I egged him on, really. I'm really sorry & I know he is."
"No, Brian. It's over between us."
"October, please. Look, he got really drunk & almost drank himself into a fucking coma, he was so depressed over you. He's crazy about you. He's never like this with girls. Ever. You're really something special to him."
"Then why has he quit trying to get a hold of me?" she asked me.
"Probably because he realizes he blew it. He really wants to try to work things out, but you won't give him the time of day. So please. Talk to him. For him. For me. For you two. Please. I'm really sorry about everything. From the bottom of my heart, I'm truly sorry." I begged her, getting on my knees.
"Only on one condition." she said.
"Anything. You name it." I replied, still on my knees & looking up at her.
"We meet on the pier & we're not getting back together. We're just talking things through."
"Oh, you're the best. You're not going to regret this. Zack will be so happy. Thank you, thank you, thank you." I said, excitedly, standing up to hug her.
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'll be waiting so chop, chop." she demanded.
"I'll call him now." I told her, walking to my car. I then called Zack.
"What is it Gates?" he answered.
"Go to the pier. Now."
"What? Why?" he asked me, confused.
"I got some beer & some cigarettes. What better way to drown your sorrow? Come on."
"Brian, no." he sighed.
"Zacky, yes. Come on. It'll be great. When we get drunk, we can sing stupid songs & be goofy & have fun. It'll make you feel a little better."
"Okay, fine. But only for a little while. I'll be down there in ten." he said.
"Great. See you in a little bit, buddy." I chuckled, hanging up the phone. Mission accomplished. Now, all I had to do was make myself disappear & let them two sort out their issues.