Betrayed

Warmness On The Soul

Chapter 8
Warmness On The Soul
~October's P.O.V.~
I woke up the next morning feeling so warm & happy inside. I sat up in bed & checked my phone, seeing a text from Zacky.
"I have a surprise for you tonight. Be ready by 7." I smiled from ear to ear after reading it.
"What am I doing?" I asked myself, hanging my head in my hands.
"Hey girl!" Amy smiled, sliding into my room on the slick floor in her socks.
"Oh god." I chuckled.
"You knew it was coming so go on."
"We had a great time as usual. I met his friends & I, uh, well, I told Zacky I liked him. A lot."
"Does he like you too?" she asked, her eyes widening. I just nodded, excitedly.
"AAAAAAHHHH!!!!" she screamed & hugged me.
"Yeah, well, nothing has happened yet. I told him through text last night."
"Seriously? What's wrong with you? You can't do that? That's something you are supposed to say to his face!"
"I know, I know. But he said he has a surprise for me tonight. I'm supposed to be ready by 7."
"Oh my god. We have to doll you up big time."
"No, no. Tonight, I'm picking my outfit. He doesn't like me for my clothes, Amy."
"Well, yeah, but you have to look good."
"I know, but I'll pick it out. I'll do my make up. It'll be fine. Don't worry." I grinned.
"Wait a minute, are those his-oh my god! You guys fucked, didn't you?"
"Oh no. No, no, no, & again, no. We went to the beach & Matt asked if Zacky & I wanted to go to Matt & Val's house for drinks. Zacky just let me borrow some clothes. That's it."
"Right." she grinned, knowingly.
"There's nothing to tell, Amy." I sighed.
"I can't wait to see you tonight." I texted Zack.
"Me neither. Tonight will be very interesting. ;-)" he texted me back. Damn you, Zacky Baker.
"Well, I'm going to get dressed & go over to Wil's to get my things." I told Amy.
"Are you going to be okay?" she asked me.
"I'll be fine." I assured her.
"Okay. Just be careful. He's crazy about you, ya know."
"I know he is. I'm just getting my things & leaving." I ate some breakfast, got dressed into a Bullet For My Valentine t shirt with a black vest with offwhite pinstripes, cherry red skinny jeans, & my black & red World Industry skate shoes. I also put some black eyeliner on with a little red smokey eyeshadow.
"I'm leaving." I shouted to her in the kitchen.
"Okay, hun. Bye. Have fun!"
"I'm just going to pick up my stuff. What's so fun about that?" I asked her.
"I don't know. Ha ha. Just be careful."
"I will, mother." I sighed, shaking my head. I walked out the door & started walking down the street to where Wil lived, which wasn't very far. It took me about twenty minutes, but once I was at his doorstep, I had a feeling of dread come over me. But I knocked & waited for the inevitable.
"Did you come for your shit finally?" he answered.
"Yeah." I said, quietly.
"Come on in. I already have it in boxes. I didn't leave it outside like I said because I was afraid someone would steal your stuff."
"Why do you care?" I asked him, walking in.
"I don't. But I didn't want to have to hear you bitch & complain about it." he said, shutting the door behind him.
"Is this everything?"
"It's all in that one box. Everything."
"Well, thanks. I'm just gonna leave now." I said as I picked it up & started walking towards the door.
"I still love you, though. Through everything & despite the fact that you're with Zane or whatever his name is."
"It's Zack & I know you do. I love you, too, Wil, but we just need to go our seperate ways."
"What if I can't?"
"What do you mean?"
"You're my everything. I'm never going to be able to find someone else like you. You're that special one of a kind girl you only find once in a lifetime. I fucked it up & now you're gone."
"Wil, we've talked about this. You had chances. You did. You had plenty. You just can't seem to change."
"Can we still be friends? At least give me that."
"Yeah, I suppose. But that's it. No more than that." I sighed.
"Thanks. Well, I guess I'll let you go now. Tobe, if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Okay?" he whispered, getting close to me.
"I gotta go now, Wil."
"October." I looked back at him.
"I'm serious."
"Okay. Yeah. Thanks, Wil." I nodded with a small smile. He opened the door for me & I walked out, carrying the box with me. I carried it home & left it with Amy, telling her I'd probably be back after Zacky dropped me off. I grabbed my iPod & walked back out of the house, on my way to the pier. I had downloaded some Avenged Sevenfold onto it so I could listen to their music since I had never heard them before the concert at the bar. I finally reached the pier & had listened to a few songs & really loved them. They were so good & the guitar was incredible. They were all so talented. I sat at the very end of the pier with my legs hanging off the edge & just stared out over the water. I don't know quite how long I sat there just staring out over the water, but my phone woke me from my trance.
"Hey beautiful. Where are you?" It was Zacky.
"The pier. :-)" I texted him back.
"Well, your surprise starts now. Go to Stacey's salon. Your next clue will be revealed there." he texted.
"Where are you?" I texted him back.
"It doesn't matter where I am. What matters is that you follow my directions. Chop, chop October. :-)"
"Oh Zacky. What are you up to?" I thought to myself. I followed his instructions & went to Stacey's salon.
"Are you October?" a red head behind the counter asked me as I walked in.
"Yeah. I am." I told her, a little surprised.
"This is for you." she grinned, handing me a rectangular box. I opened the box & it was a long, hot pink dress with a gathered skirt that had silver star buttons holding the bunches together. Under the dress was a pair of black flats with a small black bow.
"Are you ready?" the red head asked me.
"For what?" I gave her a confused look.
"To get your hair and nails done of course."
"But I don't have any money."
"It's already been paid for." she smiled, motioning towards a chair for me to sit down in.
"By who?"
"Mr. Baker. Would you like to change first or after? It's up to you. I would recommend first, so you don't ruin your nails trying to get it on."
"I'll change first then & get it over with." I said, walking to the back to the bathroom. I changed into the dress & shoes & my jaw dropped. It was so gorgeous & elegant. I felt like a princess. When I walked back out, she started doing my hair. She did it up into a messy bun with a couple curls, but left parts fall on either sides of my face. When she did my nails after, she painted them hot pink with black tips.
"This is also for you." she said, handing me an envelope afterwards.
"Now that you are dolled up, I need you to walk outside. There, you will see a black car. In the car will be a man name Berry. Tell him who you are & he will do the rest." Once again, I followed the instructions & sure enough, there was a black car waiting for me.
"Are you Berry?" I asked him through the cracked window. He rolled it down all the way.
"That depends. Are you October?" he asked me, looking over at me.
"Yes."
"Then yes, I'm Berry. Get in. In the back." he motioned for me. I climbed in the backseat. There was another envelope beside me.
"If you're reading this, you've found Berry & you're on your way to your next destination. Just sit tight & wait until Berry stops the car again. He will give you your next clue." He drove for what seemed like forever & it finally started getting dark. Then he parked the car.
"Get out of the car & I can walk you the rest of the way. It's not far from here." Berry told me, looking at me through the rearview mirror.
"But we're in the middle of nowhere." I told him, confused.
"Just trust me." he grinned, opening his door. I did as he said & I followed him, picking up my skirt so it didn't drag along the ground. We kept walking for a while & then I saw a something glowing in the distance. We were getting closer & we finally stopped. There was a table with a dark red table cloth on it, 2 table settings, a few lit tea lights, & a bucket of ice with a bottle of champagne in it, chilling. All underneath a star lit sky.
"Wait here." Berry told me before he started walking away. I stood there, nervously looking around & fidgeting with my dress. Then I heard some twigs snapping nearby. I quickly turned my head & I didn't see anyone or anything.
"You like it?" I heard a familiar voice behind me.
"Of course. It's-it's really romanctic." I grinned, sheepishly turning around.
"I thought maybe you would." It was Zacky. He was dressed in a blue-ish grey button up shirt, some dark, nice looking jeans, & some black dress shoes. He took my hand & twirled me around a couple of times & said, "You look so very beautiful."
"You really didn't have to do all this." I blushed, looking down nervously. He touched my chin, bringing my face to meet his.
"I don't have to do a lot of things." he whispered. He led me over to the table & we sat down. He poured us some champagne & then Berry came back over with two circular covered trays. Setting them down in front of us, he said, "Compliments of Zacky Baker. Bon appetit lovebirds."
"Thanks, Berry." Zack laughed as Berry walked away.
"So you made this?" I asked him.
"Yeah. I'm really great at cooking, actually." he grinned, taking the lids off of our plates. It was chicken parmesan over a bed of spaghetti noodles, but it looked so good.
"Oh my." I grinned. We started eating & it was so yummy.
"So what do you think?" he asked me, taking a sip from his glass.
"This is great. I love it." I chuckled, wiping some sauce from my mouth. We finished eating & Berry came back & cleared our table.
"Where did you come from?" I asked him, surprised.
"It's a secret." Zacky whispered with a smile. He stood up & held out his hand to me. I took it & he walked me over to a hard surface on the ground.
"You put a dancefloor out here?" I asked him, curiously. Then I heard Warmness On The Soul start playing nearby.
"Would you care to dance with me?" he asked, taking my hand. I couldn't even say anything. I just nodded excitedly. We started dancing around the small dancefloor under the stars & then Crimson Day started playing. After that song was over, Berry came back over & took apart the small dancefloor squares & underneath that was a big blanket. Zacky & I laid down beside each other, staring up at the stars, & holding each other's hand.
"I need to ask you a serious question, October." he said, sitting up & leaning on his elbow.
"What is it?" I asked him, still laying down, but looking up at him.
"I know we've only each other for a short time, but I have deep, sincere feelings for you. I want to be more than just friends. Will you make me the happiest guy in the world & be my girlfriend?" he asked me, looking deeply into my eyes. I was speechless for a minute or two.
"So is that a no?" he asked me, nervously.
"No, I mean yes. Oh my god. I mean, yes I will. Yeah." I smiled, sitting up & giving him a hug. He wrapped his arms around me & I could hear him breathe out a sigh of relief. We sat there on the blanket for a little while longer & I started shivering a little bit.
"Here. Put this on." he said, wrapping another small blanket around my shoulders. He then sat behind me, wrapped his arms around me, & I leaned back into him.
"Have I already told you how wonderful you look tonight?" he asked me.
"Yeah, but I like hearing you say it, though." I chuckled.
"Well, you look absolutely angelic."
"I don't know about that."
"I do." he told me, touching my chin to bring my face closer to his. We sat there for a few seconds & we both knew we were thinking the same thing. He slowly leaned in closer & closer to me until finally his lips met mine. His snakebites were cold on my skin, but his lips were so warm. This wasn't just any kiss, either. It was one of those fireworks kisses. He finally pulled away & my heart was racing at the speed of light.
~Zacky's P.O.V.~
I finally surprised her & she seemed to love it. I asked her to be my girlfriend & she said yes & then I kissed her & damn. I don't think I've ever felt my heart race so fast. It was intense. She was definately someone special if she could make me feel this way. I just couldn't help feeling this way about her. I couldn't wait to tell everybody. Well, everybody except for Brian. He was pretty wasted that night when he first saw her, so maybe he wouldn't recognize her. Either way, October was mine & I was not about to let her go. We sat on the blanket under the stars for a while longer until finally it started getting pretty cold out & we decided to leave. I took her home, but before she went inside, she kissed me goodnight & then went inside. I don't think I can ever get enough of her kisses. She tastes so sweet, but it's a taste all her own. Whatever it is, I like it.