Betrayed

Second Heartbeat

Chapter 9
Second Heartbeat
~October's P.O.V~
When I returned home, Amy was still up. She was waiting to, once again, give me the 3rd degree.
"So?" she asked, excitedly.
"Well, it was very romantic to say the least." I smiled.
"Where did the dress come from?" she asked, confused.
"Zacky, actually. So, he texted me & told me to go to Stacey's salon. He paid for me to get my hair & nails done and he bought me this dress & these black flats. Then his friend, Berry came & picked me up, we drove around for a while, then he took out to, basically the middle of nowhere. There was a table set up for two with little tea lights & champagne."
"Oh my god!" she shrieked.
"Then Zacky came out of nowhere & we drank some champagne, ate some Chicken Parmesan he'd made, & then he had a small dance floor set up out there. We danced & oh goodness, he's a great dancer. Then we laid under the stars &..." I trailed off.
"What? What? What?" she asked me, barely able to contain herself.
"He asked me to be his girlfriend!" I smiled, excitedly.
"AAAAAAHHHHH!" she screamed as she ran over to hug me.
"Yeah, I was pretty excited about it, too." I chuckled, hugging her back.
"That's awesome. He seems like a great guy."
"Oh he's wonderful. & He's a great kisser, too." I said, quietly.
"He kissed you, too?" her jaw dropped.
"Yeah. It was amazing. I could hear fireworks & everything. It was great."
"I'm sure that's not the only thing he's good at if you catch my drift."
"Amy!" I chuckled, nudging her.
~Zacky's P.O.V.~
I woke up the next morning in the greatest mood I've been in for a long time. Remembering the night before, a huge smile spread across my face.
"She's all yours now, Zack. You're lucky so don't fuck this up, dude." I told myself before sitting up. Then Matt texted me.
"Hey, dude. When you get this, I need you to call me. ASAP. It's important." Wondering what it could possibly be, I called him right after I read it.
"Zack, dude. What's up?" Matt answered.
"Hey, I got your text. Everything okay?" I asked him worriedly.
"Yeah, everything's fine. I just wanted to tell you that we are scheduled to go on tour in a few days across the U.S. Dude, it's going to be awesome."
"A few days?"
"Yeah. What?"
"I, uh, well, I, I need to talk to you & the guys. Well, except for Brian."
"Are you okay?" he asked me, sounding slightly worried.
"Never been better, actually."
"Well, we can all get together at Jimmy's later if you want."
"That'd be great."
"Is October coming with you?"
"No, not this time." I replied.
"Well, head on over to Jimmy's at about 3 & we'll all be there." Matt said before we said our goodbyes & hung up. Later that day, we all met up at Jimmy's. Matt and Jimmy sat on the couch in front of me & Johnny sat in the recliner when I started talking.
"I have brought you all here today to tell you that I finally asked her out. October is officially my girlfriend now."
"Whoo hoo! Good for you, bro." Matt smiled. Jimmy & Johnny congratulated me also with smiles of proudness.
"So I have an idea now that you two are together now. Valary is coming with us on tour. Why don't you bring along October, too?" Matt suggested.
"Really? That'd be awesome. Her & Val could spend some girl time together while we're doing our thing."
"Yeah, she's cool, anyway. That'd be great. Invite her along." Johnny chimed in.
"I think she'd be up for it. I can tell her & Val get along great & I really don't want to leave her behind after I just asked her out."
"So have you told her?" Johnny asked me.
"About what?" I asked him, confused.
"Thet bet." he answered.
"You didn't, did you?" Jimmy asked me.
"Not yet. I haven't been able to. I literally just asked her out last night. We haven't even been dating for a full 24 hours yet."
"Zack, you gotta come clean with this shit. She'd probably take it better if you told her rather than finding out from someone else." Matt explained.
"I know, I know. I really don't want to lose her, guys." I sighed, feeling guilty.
"We know, dude. Brian is not going to be happy about this if he finds out." Johnny warned.
"Yeah, but he was so fucking wasted that night, he may not remember her." I told him.
"You'd better hope not." Jimmy chuckled. Later that night, I called October to tell her about the tour.
"Hey, handsome." she answered.
"Hey, beautiful. I have to ask you something."
"Yeah, anything. What's on your mind?"
"Well, we're going to be leaving to go on tour in a few days. Would you be interested in coming along with us?"
"Oh my god! Seriously?"
"Well, yeah. Valary is coming, too, so you won't be the only girl hanging out with us & you won't be alone when we're busy."
"Yeah! I'd love to. That'd be incredible." she laughed, obviously excited. I explained to her the specifics & whatnot & then told her I'd text her later on that night.
A few days later, it was time to head out for the tour. I dropped by October's to pick her up & she was looking beautiful as usual. Her hair was straightened & she was wearing a white A7X shirt with a huge Deathbat on the front with some black skinny jeans & some purple flip flops.
"Hey, sweetheart." she grinned as she got into my car.
"Hey, cutie." I replied, winking at her. We met the guys at Jimmy's & left in the tour bus. Everything was on the bus, ready to go. Once we were on the road, Brian looked at October.
"Who's she?"
"This is my girlfriend, October."
"October. The girl from the beach?" he asked.
"Yeah." I grinned, putting my arm around her.
"Whoa, Zacky's off the market now. No strippers for you. Sorry, bud." Brian laughed.
"I'm okay with that." I smiled.
"Ya know, you look really familiar. I just can't figure out where I've seen you before." Brian said, stroking his chin.
"You don't know her." Johnny piped up.
"Well, how did you guys meet?" Brian asked us. Shit.
"We were Guitar Center when I was looking for a new guitar pedal a few weeks ago. We started talking & hit it off from there." I lied.
"You play?" Brian looked at me.
"A little. I really love to go into Guitar Center & check out what they have." she said. Okay, Brian. Shut up now. Luckily, he got distracted by something else & forgot about October. We had a long road ahead of us, but it was going to be awesome. Well, for me & Matt anyways. When we finally reached our destination in Reno, Nevada, we were all pretty relieved. We found our hotel & luckily, it had a pool & hot tub we could all chill out in.