We Salute You In Your Grave

Five.

Francesca's Point of View.

Finally, we're here. I can practically taste the adrenaline radiating from all of us-- we arrived an hour before the protest.

After a warm British welcome from Bob and Mikey, we left our stuff at Bob's place and left our parents a voicemail.We are SO dead and buried when our parents find all this out.

We got breakfast to go, and decided to walk to Hyde Park (despite the jet lag), only a few blocks away.

The coffee had a pretty strong effect, and after five minutes we were sprinting down the sidewalk, able to hear the crowd of fans gathering in the center.

I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone...

All of us sped up when we heard them start singing, and gasped when we turned the corner:

MCR fans. Hundreds. And a few Guy Fawkes masks scattered throughout the mass of teens.

"Whoa..." Bob and Mikey murmured in unison, eyes wide as they took everything in.

"Hey! You guys here for the protest?"

A girl, about my height, walked up to us with a Protest Leader sash around her shoulder and waist.

We all nodded, slightly overwhelmed.

"Glad you could make it!" she smiled, and brushed her bright burgundy-orange locks out of her eyes.

"We flew here from the US," I gestured to myself, Rayne, and Gee.

Her mouth, along with her lip ring, formed an 'O'.

"AWESOME!" she exclaimed with a heavy accent.

"Our parents think we're at some lake house together, 5 hours away," Genevieve giggled.

"Nice," the leader nodded while squinting off into the distance at something. She gasped suddenly, running. "Gotta go--some idiots are burning a Daily Bugle--enjoy yourselves!" she yelled to us, her voice fading as she sprinted and disappeared into the crowd.

"Let's go sign the banner!" Gen suggested, and we made our way across the park, with our "Free Hugs" signs flapping around our necks.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3