Status: On hold right now, please bare with me.

You Can't Fight the Devil Within

Three

"You're not welcome here, we are only allowing you to stay here because of my mother." I looked at the young Derek with a smug expression on my face, I really didn't care seeing as I could snap his neck in a second. I knew about wolves, I knew they followed the leaders word; if they disobeyed they would get punished. Seeing as his mother was the leader, I knew that he knew not to step out of line.

I looked out of the window ignoring his comment but he continued.

"You're a vampire, there are no vampires in Beacon hills. My mother said she hasn't seen one in years, so how is it you found your way here? How is it your still alive?" I rubbed my the brink of my nose and my eyes while slowly looking over to him.

"Derek, I am 57 years old in vampire ages and 23 in human years. What do you think I have done to stay alive?" My voice was low as I watched him blink his eyes.

"You've killed people?" He narrowed his eyes at me. "Does it not bother you?"

I looked back out of the window and then back to him, he was young and he didn't know what it was to have killed someone or to even witness death.

"A lot of people Derek, I don't have my humanity; so no, it doesn't bother me." Standing up I left the room with him wondering what I was talking about with my humanity.

"Scarlet." I stopped and looked at his mother who was standing in the hall way, she must have been listening.

"Yes?" I stopped and looked at her.

"My son is still young, he is still learning. He just got a girlfriend, he seems to be in love. I don't think it will last long how ever. Which saddens me." She looked into the living room to see Derek staring at the fire, I simply nodded and walked out of the house.

I heard her through the door talking to me as I sat on the step.

"Scarlet, you are a good hearted person; vampire or not. Don't keep your humanity off for to long. It will get you killed in the long run." I sighed and got up to go for a walk.

It was nice out, the birds were chirping and people were going on hikes; I could hear them walking with friends and family. I had been here a week but never once stepped into town, I knew better then to make myself known. I soon stopped when I saw Derek and a young girl talking to each other, they looked happy. I didn't stay for long, their lovey dovey crap was annoying.

"Well, well, Scarlet." I stopped in my tracks when I heard his voice. He was about less then a mile a way but was still able to see me. "I see you made it in with the wolves, do you think they will protect you though? Oh don't worry, I'm not coming for you yet."


My eyes slowly opened and I stared blankly at the ceiling, I had turned my humanity off once more. The painful thoughts of them being burnt alive was killing me on the inside, I felt the hunger fill my stomach and travel up to my throat. I felt my eyes flash red and then back to my normal blue, I needed to feed on something or someone.

Getting up I looked outside to see it was dark out, I was in the hart of the town so there were people all around. Slowly I stepped out of the room and started to walk down the hallway, I watched as the lights flickered not bothering me one bit as I made my way to the street. My throat tingled for the warm taste of the metallic blood, my tongue ran against my fangs as I walked down the dark road. I watched people walk past me as if I wasn't even there, I scanned each one of them. Finally I watched a young man walked towards me, I didn't care if he had a family or if he was on his own. my hand gripped his arm and pulled him into the nearest ally, when I looked at him he stopped talking.

"Dont scream." I spoke as I sunk my fangs into his neck, my hand reached around to the back of his neck and pulled him closer. I felt the blood drip down my throat throwing me into a frenzy of some sort, my hand gripped his hair as I dug my teeth deeper into his throat and pulled him as close as possible. My eyes were rolling into the back of my head as the taste filled my mouth, throat and body. Soon enough I heard his heart stop beating and his veins ran dry, pulling away I let him drop to the floor as I ran my sleeve against my mouth to get rid of the blood that dripped.

Taking a step back I turned and walked out of the ally and back onto the streets, my body was in a frenzy for blood as I walked into the nearest bar and scanned the room. A few were plastered and a few were sober, I walked over to the bar and looked at the man.

"Give me beer." I looked away and down the bar as the man got my beer, he placed it down and went to the other customers. I took a sip of my beer as I scanned each guy, some were fat and depressed, others were cheating on their girlfriends and some were just looking for fun. My eyes landed on one guy, Slowly I made my way over to him and smiled with my hand on his shoulder, I didn't know I was being watched and I didn't know he was going to follow me.

"Come with me, I have something to show you." The man nodded and followed behind me, when we walked into the bathroom I shoved him into the nearest stall and tiled his head back. "Don't scream, struggled or even make a noise." As I went to dig my teeth into his neck, the stall door swung open and I was pulled from him.

"Well, what do we have here." I narrowed my eyes at the tall muscular man in front of me, he looked so familiar. My eyes changed and I bared my teeth at him, he just shook his head and laughed. "Sweetie do you think those Fangs ever scared me? Scarlet, You should know me better then that, they may scare my nephew, but not me."

I stood up and tiled my head to the side, then sighed and shook my head.

"Peter."
♠ ♠ ♠
I dont think I mentioned this but Peter is older here. and everything in Italics is the past.