Sequel: The Anomaly's Enigma
Status: Complete

The Enigma’s Anomaly

Don’t Get Your Hopes Up, There’s No Smut in This Chapter

“Trashy hotel? Really? Can’t we go somewhere else?” Mikey asks.

“I doubt we can even go here, it’s past midnight. When do you think check-in was?” I answer.

“Probably a few hours ago,” Gerard says. “I don’t want to sleep in this car all out in the open though.”

“No, we really can’t,” I say, “We have to ditch this car as soon as possible.”

“So what the hell do we do?”

“We’re going to get a room here, and then we’re going to head into town tomorrow morning and get ourselves a car,” I tell him.

“How?” Mikey asks.

“Check the briefcase. There’s about fifty thousand in there,” I tell him, and Gerard picks the case up from at his feet.

“Whoa, holy fuck,” Mikey says looking at it dumbstruck, “I’ve never seen that much money in real life before.”

“I have,” I say, “once.”

“I’m not going to ask,” Mikey says, and he grabs the briefcase from Gerard.

“Why do you get to hold it?” Gerard asks.

Mikey rolls his eyes at Gerard, and I look at him in the rearview, “I have my laptop case, dipshit. My laptop is all I grabbed when I left the house.”

“Okay, call me an idiot if you’d like, but wouldn’t a laptop case be the first thing a person would try to steal if they were to rummage through our stuff?”

“Who do you think is going to be looking through our stuff?” I ask.

“Just saying,” Gerard replies.

“We’re only going to be staying here for a night, Gerard. It’s not a big deal, we’re just going to be here one night. Why do I feel like I just jinxed everything?” I ask.

“You’re too paranoid,” Gerard answers.

“I may be, but I’d rather be cautious than not,” I say, “Mikey take a thousand dollars or so, get yourself a room. If you take that much I’m sure they’ll bend the rules for you. Gerard and I are going to stay with the car.”

“What? Why?”

“Because I don’t want to risk us all being in the same place, and I don’t know who might be looking for this car right now,” I tell him.

“Why do you need Gerard?” Mikey asks.

“The answer to that is not for your ears, baby bro,” Gerard says.

Mikey makes a face, but grabs a knot of cash and then hops out of the car. I watch him as he goes, and pull into a parking spot to make sure that no one else goes in after him.

“What are we doing still here?” Gerard asks.

“I want to see that Mikey’s safe,” I tell him. “I doubt anyone followed us this time, but you can’t be too safe.”

“Mhm sure,” Gerard says, “so where are we going then?”

“Somewhere out of the view of the public eye,” I answer, “for multiple reasons.”

~*~*~*~

I pull the car into the first public park I can find, and then drive it out over the grass and into the coverage of a line of trees. It’s a big car so it has virtually no trouble going over the rougher terrain.

“We stay with the money and the guns, and we stay away from anyone who may be looking for this car. Tomorrow.... I don’t know what we do tomorrow. We’re going to have to go get another car, and then we drive.”

“Drive where?” Gerard asks.

“I don’t know, Gerard. I thought we’d be safe. I don’t know how they found us, but this has made it clear that obviously he knows how to track us. So what do we do now is the question? Maybe he had another mole in the police or something? If so I don’t see why it took three months to find us then. I think we need to avoid the police now too, Gerard.”

“What? So you’re saying that we have to go completely under the radar? From even the police?”

“I think so. Technology these, days they can track phones. We need to ditch ours. They can track credit card purchases, so we’re going to have to avoid using those at all costs too. We’re on our own out here, and now I don’t know how we can even do this, but I’d do anything to keep you safe, Gerard. It’s stupid how much I love you, but I really really do.”

“I love you too, Frank,” he says grabbing my hand with his own. “So where do we go from here?”

“I want to go back to New York City... but I don’t know who might be watching us. I don’t know who we have to hide from. It’s so scary, you know? We’re hiding from everybody all at once, but we don’t know who is to fear and who to rely on. It’s all just so fucked up. I wish I knew everyone who was in on this, but the closer I get to figuring it out, the more people are recruited. It’s like finding fucking Kira, but there’s a sea of Light Yagami’s. How many are we up to now? It could be dozens more then what I last thought.”

“Is there any way to differentiate bad people from good?” Gerard asks.

“Um, well there is that file that they left,” I say, unbuckling myself and reaching into the backseat, but Gerard stops me and I turn to look at him.

“The file can wait until tomorrow, Frank. We almost died today, let’s have some fun,” Gerard says.

“It is still our anniversary isn’t it?” I answer feeling myself smiling.

“Well not technically, it was yesterday because the-”

“It still is. In the pacific time zone,” I say, and I push him against the side of the car, and he bites his lip.

“You’re right,” Gerard says smiling, “oh no, but wait! Remember Frank, it’s a class B misdemeanor to engage in public lewdness.”

“I’ve hotwired a car today, shot a couple of guys in the foot, and stolen fifty thousand dollars, I think I can handle a minor offense. Besides, it’s only illegal if you get caught.”

Gerard giggles and it’s honestly the cutest thing in the world. I can’t even believe he’s actually here with me. It’s becoming easier to accept that he loves me, but it’s not getting any easier on figuring out why.

“Um, I don’t want to ruin the moment, but honestly that fucking gear shift is going to get in the way,” I say, and Gerard rolls his eyes at me.

He reaches for the door handle and I say, “No don’t open the door, you’ll let the bugs in!”

“You just want to look at my ass when I crawl into the backseat, Frank. You think I don’t notice things like that, but I do,” Gerard says cheekily.

“Well that was the original idea, but I’ll go first then. Happy?” I ask, and I wiggle around in my seat for a second before pulling my arms up and around the head rest. I pull myself over the seat and I almost fall onto the ground, but I don’t, which is a considerable success for me.

“You had the right idea there, I can see the appeal of going second,” Gerard says, giving me the most innocent little grin I’ve ever seen. That grin coupled with the batting of his eyelashes and I’m almost convinced that Gerard was, in fact, a puppy in another life.

“I think I’m going to keep you,” I say as he pulls himself over the front seat and finds himself practically straddling me, which I am totally up for.

“You’re going to keep me?” He giggles, “Where?”

“I haven’t decided just yet,” I say, and he pushes me down onto the seat so that I’m lying on my back.

“You’re so stupid and attractive, did you know that?”

“I mean, I agree with the first one but we might need to buy you some glasses over the second,” I tell him.

He scrunches his nose and frowns, “Well it’s my opinion, but I know I’m not delusional about that.”

I decide that I’m not an overly big fan of our current arrangement, and by that I mean I want him under me.

I push him up from me and he makes a protesting sound at first, until I pull up with him, and within a few seconds I get our positions switched.

“I still don’t get how you do that,” Gerard says, and I laugh. I do have a tendency to try taking control of the situation. He reaches for the zipper on my jeans, but I slap his hand away and let my body conform to his, so that I can kiss him properly.

I’ve really missed just kissing him without any other agenda. It’s not like we don’t kiss, I just never get time alone where that’s all were doing, and I like it.

In a lot of ways I feel like kissing Gerard is a million times more intimate then having sex with him. It’s like releasing your self-conscious side and just letting someone really feel you. Sex is just sex, but kissing is passionate and it means something. There’s emotion to it, and it’s all consuming. I’m never going to stop like having sex, because is a superb pastime, but I’m starting to realize that I honestly could care less about what I’m doing when I’m doing it with Gerard. Sex brings me closer to Gerard, makes me really feel him, but a lot of it is just sort of for the physical parts, the actual feeling of it all, and kissing isn’t like that. Kissing fulfills no biological urge, nor does it result in an inevitable euphoria, unless you’ve got the right person. Kissing Gerard really does feel like the preferable thing most days. I can’t get the same satisfaction from a good fuck that I can get in a kiss.

You can have sex with anyone, and within reason, you don’t even need someone else there, but you need someone to kiss. I want Gerard to be the person I kiss for the rest of my life, and I hope I get to be the person he kisses for the rest of his life.

Gerard says, a disgustingly cheesy but very fitting thing as I’m thinking.

“Where have you been all my life?” Gerard asks.

“In the cupboard under some stairs,” I say.

“There’s another reason why I love you. You make the strangest references,” Gerard says.

“Oh don’t be stingy, I know you find it very appealing.”

“Shut up,” Gerard says fondly, wrapping his arms around my neck.

“Make me,” I answer.

“Do you remember what happened the last time you said that?”

“As I recall, I wouldn’t be entirely against that being a reoccurring incident.”

Gerard giggles again, with that heart melting little tone and says, “Well alright then.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so unfortunately this is coming to an end soon. Yeah, it sucks but I do need to bring it to a stop before I jump the shark. The thing is, that I have something very special planned for the end, and it’s going to take me a little while to write. I’m not giving anything away, but I think you’ll really like it. So yeah, updates are going to be a little slower, because it’s going to take a lot of time to get this end perfect and special. (It's quite a long ending if that makes up for anything).