Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

A Little Bonding Goes a Long Way

Sasuke groaned when the sun hit his eyes, pulling himself out of bed. He passed Sithena’s room, stopped and walked back, seeing her door was open. She wasn’t in her room. He made his way to the living room but she wasn’t there either, nor was she in the kitchen. “Where did she go?” Sasuke pondered, going back to his room to change.

Just as he got to the front door, it slid open to reveal Sithena with a shock expression. “Oh good morning Sasuke” Sithena smiled, walking past him. “Where were you?” He questioned, eyeing her. “Speaking with the Hokage. Just updating him on the other clans. Oh that’s right! I haven’t told you and the team about the other four clans have I? Dear, I guess I’ve let it slip my mind” she quickly tried to change the subject and it seemed to have worked.

“Hmm” Sasuke hummed. “Maybe tonight if we all get together for dinner during the festival” Sithena suggested as Sasuke’s eyes went bug eyed. “Did you forget?” Sithena smirked, drinking some orange juice she had grabbed from the fridge. “Yes…” He groaned as she giggled softly. “No worries. We shall go shopping for some clothes. Well…you really don’t have to, but I do” she stated, sitting down next to him on the couch.

“I’m going to train” he stated, walking out of the house as Sithena rushed to the door. “Don’t be late! It starts at seven tonight!” Sasuke waved his hand, signaling he had heard her. Sithena then left the house herself, wanting a head start on shopping. She hadn’t shopped for herself before, so she had decided to ask the one girl she knew.

“Oh, hey Sithena” Sakura smiled seeing the silver haired demon at her door. “Hello Sakura, I was hoping you could join me in shopping for something to wear for the festival tonight. It would be great to have another person’s opinion” Sithena suggested to her. Sakura smiled happily, “I’d like that! Hey mom, I’m going out shopping for tonight!” With that they left together to the shopping center.

They laughed, as they talked about Sasuke and Naruto’s rivalry. “I don’t get it. It even got worse ever since we came back from escorting that man to the bridge. They constantly fight each other, especially Naruto” Sakura said as she tried on a kimono next to Sithena in the changing room. “I find it interesting. Having a rival is very healthy. It pushes you to do better in your skills. In ways, this rivalry does seem unhealthy in some ways but I’m sure it’s for good intentions” Sithena replied.

“I guess so” Sakura sighed as the two turned around, gasping at one another’s outfit. “Wow” they whispered in unison.

Image[/url]-->Image

Image[/url]-->Image

“I believe you have chosen the right one for yourself Sakura” Sithena smiled. “Same goes for you! Haha, the boys will be drooling” Sakura replied as they laughed. As they paid for their items, leaving the store, Sakura stopped with anger in her eyes. “What’s wrong?” Sithena started till she realized a young girl with blonde hair pulled into a high pony tail made her way toward their direction. Her pale blue eyes fixed on Sakura.

“Looks like forehead is going to the festival. Too bad you won’t impress Sasuke since he’ll be focused on me” She blurted out as Sakura foamed. “Dream on Ino!” Sakura shouted, a vein pulsing on her head. “Hmm? Who’s this?” Ino suddenly turned to Sithena who had a small sweat drop, just seeing a small cat fight in front of her.

“My name is Sithena Drake, Sakura’s team mate. I would appreciate it if you did not call her by names such as that” she replied with a small smile but her eyes shown a bit of a glare. “Hmph! It’s not like I really care what you think” Ino retorted but her mouth was shortly shut by Sithena’s reply, “Besides, Sasuke has agreed to accompany me to the festival. It would be quite rude if you plan on stealing someone else’s date”.

Ino began to stutter till she fists balled up as she stomped her foot, “Agh! Whatever” She turned, leaving the two smiling girls. Sakura’s smile suddenly fell, “I didn’t know Sasuke was going with you”. Sithena gave her a concern look, “It’s not a date if you are worried of such. I just thought I would get him to come, maybe we can all be there as a team. Sasuke wouldn’t have gone probably if I didn’t force him” she giggled slightly.

The two began to walk as Sakura nodded, “I guess going as a team would be fun, we do need more work on it”. Sithena agreed. They hadn’t been the best of teammates and it shown greatly with each chore they had. “Sithena…” Sakura called out as she noticed that Sakura was a few feet behind her. They were in a less crowded road, close to Sakura’s home. “About you and Sasuke…if it was a date…yeah I’d be disappointed but truthfully, I never had a chance. You’re better than me in so many ways, you’re even Sasuke’s guardian. I guess I just wanted to say is I wouldn’t let this effect our teamwork or our friendship”.

Sithena stood there a bit shock by how strong Sakura was at the moment. That fan girl she first met wasn’t as bad as she seemed. Sithena smiled, walking up to her and placing a hand on her shoulder. “You are a beautiful woman and I can’t see a man passing up a chance to talk to you. I’m no better than anyone and when it comes down to it, it’s up to Sasuke who he chooses to be his mate. You never know, he may choose you. Just don’t fight for him like Ino does. You can’t choose where his heart goes but you can guide it”.

Sakura’s eyes glistened with wonder, letting each word sink in. A smile slowly spreading across her face, “You’re right. Thank you Sithena, for really opening my eyes”. They continued to walk as Sithena only laughed, “I think you knew it all along. You just needed someone to confirm what you’ve always known”.

After Sakura had returned home, Sithena made her way back home as well as her thoughts lingered to the exams. She felt a bit relieved that the Hokage knew of a possible invasion but she couldn’t help but feel something missing. She would have sworn she had felt Cylix’s power last night. Even though she only ran into Gaara, his power wasn’t the same. Could he be planning an attack with the village hidden by sand?

Sithena sighed, her head pounding from the many thoughts running through her mind. It was only noon by the time she made it home, placing her newly bought items in her room. “Sasuke must still be training. That boy is going to overdo it one day again…same when I found him outside the village” she had decided to look for him in the training grounds.

She found the young Uchiha sweating and panting after a series of throwing kunais at a tree. He had hit every target as he knelt down for a moment to catch his breath. Sasuke glared at the trees as if they were the very person he loathed. Sithena understood his hatred but felt it was consuming him more. Yes, she now wanted justice for her family after finding out Cylix had done to his own kin, but she wasn’t about to start letting it consume her. She wasn’t going to go in search of him or even search for more power to defeat him.

All she wanted was not to kill him, but to bring him back to the Country of Darkness for his long awaited trail. Deep down in her heart she knew Sasuke didn’t have the same idea. She made herself known, walking out into the field and clearing her throat. He spun around with weapons ready, but calmed himself when it was only Sithena. “Why are you here? It’s not even seven yet” Sasuke scuffed, returning to his aiming practice.

“I know, I only wanted to check up on you. Didn’t want to find you the way I first met you” she smiled, standing a few feet behind him as she watched his form. “Hmph” he chucked another kunai as it embedded itself deep within the tree. Sithena wanted to talk to him but felt it was better to wait until tomorrow.

Sithena kept silent, watching as Sasuke practice. He had soon forgotten she was even there, though the nagging feeling that something was terribly wrong burned in his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, sorry for the double pictures again. I still can't figure out any way for it to stop. If any ideas let me know. ._. I hate seeing that double picture.