Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

Happy Moments Don't Last Forever

Night came sooner than expected, Sithena was all dolled up for the big festival. She had gone through the difficult challenge of makeup and succeeded. Her hair was done in a need pony tail with her bangs framing her face. “Not bad” She whispered to herself after checking herself out in the mirror. She made her way to the living room, seeing Sasuke in his own nice attire.

He turned and his cheeks burned a rosy color. The kimono complimented Sithena’s elegant form, hugging her curves. “I hope this is fitting. My kin do not wear kimonos but I feel it was more appropriate for this festival” Sithena explained as he nodded slowly, looking up and down her form. Sasuke shook his head, clearing his throat “Yes, it…look very well on you”.

Sithena smiled softly as she made her way up to him, holding out her arm. “Shall we?” She asked, amused by the color that remained on his cheeks. “I suppose” he responded, linking arms with her, leaving the house.

Not too far ahead, Sithena could make out the lanterns hanging all around the village. She can see the open area in which the festival was being held. Ferris wheel, all sorts of game and food stands, a stage for concerts. She stopped before reaching the festival, gazing at the beauty before her. “What’s wrong?” Sasuke asked, turning to her.

She blinked several times, bringing herself back to reality as she smiled softly to Sasuke. Sadness now shown in her eyes as her attention turned back to the festivities. “My kin would hold such celebrations like this. They were beautiful…they held such meaning. A time where you’d feel even closer to one another than you did before” Sithena explained, bringing to hands to her heart. She bowed her head, closing her eyes as she spoke a soft prayer in draconic tongue before gazing at Sasuke.

He looked entranced, watching the festival lights shine against her. She cleared her throat to gain his attention, “We shouldn’t dilly dally any longer. I believe I see our team up ahead”. Sure enough, up ahead, Naruto and Sakura were talking before turning toward Sithena and Sasuke as they approached them.

“Wow…Sithena you look great!” Naruto complimented, blushing. Sithena had blushed slightly as well, “Thank you Naru, you look dashing yourself”. “Awe” He muttered as his face flushed. Sasuke growled lowly, “Naru?” Sithena smiled with a mischievous glint in her golden eyes, “Are we jealous of a nickname?”

Sasuke huffed, not wanting to admit that he was a bit jealous. She always seemed so close to Naruto, but he wanted the same. As a team, they headed into the fair. Naruto rushing from one food stand to another, trying all the delicious foods they cooked for the evening. The aromas reached Sithena’s nose, a bit of saliva collecting at the corner of her mouth. She licked her lips and smiled, “I for one will try some of these foods too. The smells are so alluring! Be back in just a moment”.

Sithena left Sasuke side to meet Naruto at a stand where they were frying ramen noodles after soaking in the broth for quite some time. Sakura blushed, seeing she was alone with Sasuke, but soon realize that Sithena was his date. She could see that they didn’t act like a couple, but something felt different about Sasuke as he watched Sithena laugh with Naruto. His fist clenched, obviously mad at the scene before him.

“You and Sithena huh?” Sakura started off simple, gaining Sasuke’s attention. “Hmph, we aren’t anything” he huffed but a small glint of sadness held in his eyes. “Why don’t you just tell her how you feel?” Sakura responded, gaining a now surprised glance from him. She usually would be swooning all over him and now she was trying to get him together with someone else. “Why would you…” he started but she quickly stepped in, “I want to see you happy Sasuke”.

Sakura gazed toward Sithena and Naruto. Sithena had turned with a huge grin, waving to the two of them as they waved back. Sakura continued, “I can tell she cares for you and you may not show it very well but you do too for her. I feel there’s…more than her just being your guardian” she smiled softly. Sasuke could see she was a bit hurt, letting go the crush she had on him. At this moment, he didn’t think she wasn’t as bad as she had seemed. The smallest glint of a smile appeared on his lips. To anyone it seemed like a smirk, but to her, she could tell she got to him.

Nothing else was said between the two as Naruto and Sithena made their way back. Sithena held up a second fried ramen stick to Sasuke leaving him confused. “One of the greatest things about celebrations is the food, you must part take in such deliciousness” Sithena giggled by the last part she spoke as Sasuke took the fried ramen. He bit into it as his eyes lit up. “Well?” Sithena urged, wanting to know if he liked it. Sasuke regain his composure, “It’s alright”.

Sithena laughed, leaning toward Sakura and Naruto, “Oh, he loved it”. The rest of the group laughed, leaving Sasuke to roll his eyes, going ahead of the group toward the Ferris wheel. There was another team just ahead of them, waiting for their turn upon the ride. A young girl with short purple hair and silver eyes, turned, blushing madly when they approached. The rest of the team turned, one of them smirked with a dog upon his shoulder.

“Didn’t think I’d see you all in one place” the boy with the dog spoke. His dog gazed at Sithena, slightly growling, but the moment she smiled, speaking in a different tongue to him, he barked happily. His tail wagging, he pounced from his owner’s shoulder and into her arms. “Whoa! I’ve never seen Akamaru so friendly to someone. What did you say to him?” The boy asked in shock. “I simply told him I’m a friend and wish to become his. He’s such a good boy” She replied, rubbing Akamaru’s belly as she held him like a baby.

“My name’s Kiba and this is my team, Hinata and Shino” He introduced his team as Akamaru came back to him. “It’s a pleasure to meet you all. I am Sithena, a fourth member of team seven, but at the same time, not quite” She smiled. She noticed the girl, now known as Hinata, staring at Naruto with a wild blush as she stood further toward the back of her team.

“I’ll wait for you out here. I’m not riding” Shino spoke to Kiba as he made his way around them and toward a nearby bench. “Don’t worry about him, he usually keeps to himself” Kiba shrugged, noticing Sithena glance back at him. They all grabbed a ticket to ride and ended up being paired up. Sithena with Sasuke, Kiba with Sakura and Naruto with Hinata, who couldn’t stop blushing and almost appeared she’d faint.

“I’ve never ridden one of these before, I’m so excited” Sithena smiled as her and Sasuke piled into one of the cars. The wheel started to turn, bringing them up higher until they could see the entire village. The wheel stopped, giving Sithena more time to view everything. “Even if I could fly and be able to see this view. It’s nothing compared to how it looks now from here” She smiled, turning to Sasuke, “And I’m here with you”. His eyes widened slightly, a small blush appearing on both their faces.

Sasuke moved first as his face moved closer to hers. They were alone and for the first time, he didn’t care if his weakness showed. Sithena was his weakness. He brought his hands to the back of her neck, their lips grazed. A violent rumble rattled the Ferris wheel, pulling them apart. “What’s going on?” Sithena shouted in distress. As she peered down to the bottom of the wheel she could see flames licking their way up. Some people had made it out in time but most people were still trapped in their cars, too high to jump down.

“I’ve never been one for celebrations” a dark voice hissed. Sithena didn’t have to turn to know who it was. She growled, whipping around and bringing Sasuke behind her. “Cylix…” She glared as he stood standing on one of the railings of the wheel. “I’d love to stay and chat but this will be all for tonight. Can’t wait to see you during the Chunin exams” he laughed, before disappeared in dark flames.

“Oh no…” she whispered, her worst fear coming true. Now no one was safe during the exams and Sithena can’t protect them all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading! Sorry for the wait, with all the holidays that rushed by had so much to do and decided to take a small break. Now I'm back let's get the ball rolling again!