Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

Awkward Situations

“Hokage you must reconsider” Sithena begged, still wrapped in bandages she had received from the disaster last night. Her wounds didn’t heal as fast as before. The damage done was far worse than simple gashes, broken bones were trying to repair themselves a long with organs that had most likely were damaged in the process.

“I know how much you want to be part of the Chunin exams for your team, but it is far too dangerous. It’s not that I don’t trust you. Knowing that Cylix is now here poses a greater threat than a likely attack from the sand nin. You must be in the exams to watch everyone and watch for Cylix. I’m sorry, I can’t allow you to participate with your team” The Hokage sighed when Sithena looked crushed, she sighed bowing her head. “I understand” she replied.

The Hokage sat back down in his chair with a sympathetic smile, “Look at it this way. You would be a team of four and would seem unfair to the rest of them, especially if they knew they had a demon on their side”. “You are right, it would be quite a disadvantage for the other teams if I were to join. Alright, I will stay out of helping my team” Sithena stated. “Now, I can’t stop you if Sasuke’s life hangs in the balance. The pact you made to protect him can’t be broken for the exam. You have my permission to intervien if his life is in danger”.

A smile grew upon the young demon’s face, “Thank you”. Sithena was dismissed to find her team before the exams. It didn’t take her long before she found them, getting into trouble again. Rock Lee was challenging Sasuke, while flirting with Sakura. Of course, Sasuke had agreed in his normal attitude. “Hold it! I get him first” Naruto shouted, “Go for it” Sasuke replied, seeming to care less.

‘Naruto…always running into battle’ Sithena thought to herself, causing her to worry how he would survive the Chunin exams. He went head on, only for Lee to use one simple move on him. He had pushed down on Naruto’s fist, causing him to lose balance and sending him to the wall. Sithena didn’t bother to make herself known, she couldn’t distract them. As the fight between Sasuke and Lee commence, Lee had a great advantage, sending Sasuke flying across the room.

Sasuke even had to come down to activating his Sharingan, but it was futile. Another kick was sent to his face, flinging him across the room once more. Taijutsu was one of the most complicated techniques to fight against, no chakra reading for Sasuke to figure out. Sithena had to admit, Lee’s moves were simply amazing. Even she believed she would have a tough time going up against him.

Before she knew it a turtle had stopped the match as Sasuke fell toward the ground. Sakura attempted to run and catch him, but Sithena had beat her to it. She smiled down to the rather exhausted looking Sasuke, “My my, look what I caught”.

His eyes widen with shock as she carefully set him down. Sithena cringed slightly by the sharp pain that had ran through her body, a couple bones were still repairing around her chest. “You should be resting” Sasuke growled, but turned to Lee when the turtle started to lecture him. “Sithena! You’re alright” Sakura came, hugging her tightly, but only earned a painful yelp by Sithena. “I’m sorry” She quickly spoke. “It’s alright, healing is acting a bit slow at the moment”.

Naruto seemed too excited about his idea than to notice Sithena standing there, “Hey guys! I think that’s his sensei!” The looks that appeared on their faces were simply priceless as Sithena giggled, catching Naruto’s attention. “Sithena!” He was about to engulf her with a hug, though he missed when she stepped to the side. “Sorry Naruto, still healing” she smiled, patting his back.

The team listened on as the turtle lectured poor Lee as he tried to explain what he was doing. That’s when things got even weirder. Lee’s true sensei appeared in a very….interesting pose. “Hey everyone! How’s everyone doing?” Gai greeted as Sithena’s team lost control of their emotions about how both Rock Lee and Gai looked alike.

From there, Sithena felt she couldn’t take how things were turning with Gai punching Lee as punishment and them hugging right after, sobbing into each other’s shoulders. As time passed more things progressed in the worse way until Gai gave Sithena and her team his full attention. “How is Kakashi Sensei?” Gai asked and this time Sithena decided to join in, “He is well, I see you already know we are his pupils”. Team 7 gave her an odd look when called ‘pupils’ she whispered a quick ‘what?’ shrugging.

“Of course I’d know, we are rivals for all eternity” Gai had a bit a sparkle in his eye as Sakura and Naruto flipped out, “That’s crazy!” In a blink of an eye, it wasn’t as crazy as it seemed. Gai had already appeared behind them giving a small smirk, “50 wins and 49 losses, which is one better than him by the way”. Team 7 were shocked except for Sithena of course. Gai had sent Lee away as he too disappeared.

Sasuke was furious about being defeated by Lee and Naruto only made it worse. Though Naruto made a good point, Rock Lee would train himself till his very skin was raw from training and this sparked something in Sasuke that Sithena was a bit worried about. “The exams are going to be even more interesting. We will beat this, Naruto, Sakura” Sasuke actually sounded a bit more encouraging for once. “Yeah!” His team mates shouted with him and started to walk ahead, but stopped when Sithena wasn’t following.

“I wish you three the best of luck through these exams” Sithena said with a saddened smile. “What? You aren’t doing it with us?” Naruto asked, a frown appearing on his face. “The Hokage has forbid it. Though I understand why. Not only would it be unfair for one team to have four members on it, but also Cylix has shown his face and will most likely appear during the exams. My job is to watch over all competing teams to make sure all runs well with no interruptions from outside sources” Sithena explained.

“You’re still wounded, are you sure you can face him if he shows?” It was now Sakura’s turn to give her a worried gaze. “I will do all I can and more if he dares show his face. Now, this shouldn’t be about me. This exam is the symbol of a new journey in your lives. I want you to do your best and know I am always close by, cheering you on”. Sakura and Naruto smiled except for Sasuke.

A hawk flew across the sky, screeching. “I must go, I will see you all very soon” with that, Sithena had disappeared from sight. “She’s right, we need to focus on the exams. Sithena is tougher than most people we know. She’ll be fine” Sakura stated, trying to cheer up Sasuke. He only nodded as they made their way to sign up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello Everyone and sorry for the long wait. My stories will be coming more slowly than before since I am moving to a bigger and better home by the end of this month. I know by the time I move my Chapter will come out more frequently but until then there will be delays. I thank you for your patience and this also goes for the CEO's Assistant if any of you read that story as well. I will try to write one more chapter for that one as well, explaining the same situation. Thank you again! Also sorry for this chapter not being all too great. I wanted you to all know I'm still alive and soon will be better. Also following the show is too much sort of so trying to make it the best I can.