Status: A remade version of a story I had written on Quizilla years ago.

The Avenger's Demon

Deadly Secret

Sithena could hear most of the teams arguing with each other. She had an ear piece on, listening to all conversations happening within the exam room. She was on top another building, across from the exam building. “They’re a mess” Sithena grumbled. “They’ll be fine” a voice said beside her. She glanced to the right to see Kakashi, kneeling down beside her. “I don’t have doubt in their abilities, but these exams are exceedingly difficult. This year…is different” Sithena replied.

She suddenly pulled the mic from her ear when hearing Naruto shouting to everyone in the room. Kakashi chuckled as Sithena plugged it back within her ear, “I’m glad he’s still confident, but…” She felt an assuring hand on her shoulder. Kakashi nodded as she softly smiled. He disappeared as she continued to watch the windows, seeing something blur between the crowds.

A sound nin had jumped toward the white haired ninja with glasses. He dodged every attack, but something was definitely wrong. It was far too easy. His glasses shattered and soon, fell to his knees coughing up blood. Sithena wanted to jump in there, but she couldn’t, she couldn’t bring attention to herself. “Any information from the Phoenix clan?” Sithena asked, turning to the fox twins who had sly smiles on their faces.

“There’s a price this time isn’t there?” She grunted as they made their way closer to her. “It’s just a tiny one” Axel smoothly said as Sithena sighed, “So much for redeeming yourselves. Alright, what is it…?” “One of your feathers” Lexa jumped in. “A feather?” She asked, confused on their intentions with it. “A feather from a dragon is known to be a very important ingredient for many magical recipes, making them sell for a very high price” Axel explained as he made his way to Sithena’s side, touching her hair.

She struggled with the decision, but gave in as her wings appeared. She plucked one from its place and handed it to Axel. Before he could grasp it, she pulled it away, “The information”. “The Phoenix clan have no idea of what is truly going on. It seems the sand nin aren’t planning anything. Nothing odd is out of place” Axel replied as Lexa snuck up to Sithena’s other side, taking the feather from her, “there may be something else at play here. Something to trip you up on your investigation” she smirked mischievously. “Play your cards right and you may soon find out” Axel finished as the two twins disappeared from sight.

“Hmm” Sithena hummed, turning back to the window. Her eyes gazing toward one red head in particular. His sea foam eyes turned to her, a look of interest sparked within those cold eyes. “Something else at play” She repeated to herself as she disappeared from sight.

***

Pacing, back and forth, back and forth. “They are taking too long” Sithena growled as she stood outside of the exam room. She continued to see people leave, team by team. Sithena couldn’t see where her team were seated each time the doors opened. Within her ear piece she can hear the instructor explain the tenth question. This is the question most fail, the biggest event to weed out most of the ninjas.

She sighed softly to herself, leaning up against the wall as she stared intently toward the door. A couple of ninjas argued, but the room fell silent. People left, not wanting to risk just a fate of not being able to take the exam ever again. ‘Don’t give up Naruto’ Sithena thought to herself. Out of everyone she worried for him. For the short time she knew him, he was very important to her.

Suddenly that familiar voice shouted out with all the confidence he had within him. “Don’t underestimate me! I don’t quit and I don’t run!” Naruto shouted to the instructor as Sithena gasped, continuing to listen. “You can act tough all you want. You aren’t going to scare me off, no way! I don’t care if I do get stuck as a Genin for the rest of my life. I’ll still be Hokage someday!”

Sithena smiled, her eyes glistened with happiness, “Naruto. I knew I could count on you”. Once no one else left, everyone had passed the test. She sighed with relief, she knew this year would be harder, but this was ridiculous. “Maybe I’m glad I didn’t take this test” she murmured to herself. The next section of the Chunin exams were announced and they had until next morning to prepare.

Everyone piled out, before she could see her teammates, Gaara’s team had passed by. For a moment, their eyes met. She smiled brightly, bowing her head. He stared for just a few moments longer before turning away. Gaara and his team disappeared around the corner. “Sithena we did it!”

Naruto shouted, jumping onto her back. Sithena laughed as Naruto slid off, letting her turn around to hug him. “Congrats to all of you and mostly to you Naruto. I’m so proud of you” She smiled causing Naruto to smile even wider.

“You weren’t kidding when the Chunin exams would be tough. That was nerve wrecking” Sakura said. “It seems this year is harder than I’ve seen it be, though I am thrilled to find you three have passed the first part of the exams. The rest shall test your skills, rest wall tonight” Sithena explained.

Team 7 all walked home, saying their goodbyes after meeting with Kakashi. It was a silent walk between Sithena and Sasuke, until they reached their home. “Are you alright?” Sasuke asked once they made it into the living room. “A little sore, but nothing I can’t handle. I should be asking you the same. That instructor was known to mess with one’s mind pretty well” She held a soothing smile that had relieved any stress that Sasuke had for the exams. “I’m fine, nothing I can’t handle” he smirked.

There was silence between them once more. “Let us get some rest. A big challenge awaits you tomorrow morning” Sithena said quickly as she made her way to her room. She quickly shut the door behind her, gasping for breath. She stumbled to her bed, holding her said. Carefully, she unbandage the wound and found it was only getting worse. Black veins slowly crept from the wound, spreading like a deadly flower. Cylix had done something to his flames, they covered the metal with something that was only harmful to her.

Sithena took deep breaths, she couldn’t let the others know. They had too much to worry about now. She used fresh bandages, wrapping them carefully around the wound as she sighed. “I can’t leave them now…just hold on a bit longer” she said to herself, forcing herself to sleep through a painful night.