Status: I will update every second comment. this is my first try in this so I would love some feedback.

Heart's Desire

chapter nineteen: Pressing buttons

Apple trees were surrounding i and Carter as we lay in the middle of the orchard. His fingers entwined with mine. "I love you." He whispers.

My head shot up instantly. "You love me?"

A smile forms on his lips. "Yes, i love you."

---- -------- ---------

"Good morning LA!" my eyes flicker open feeling like a snake suffocating me; turning my head slowly i see Carter fast asleep, i in his arms and his in mine all rapped into our own cocoon. The dream i had telling me he loves me, i am actually dreaming about this now, how obsessed can i get with this man.

My finger trial down his arm as a smile came upon his face, his blue eyes opens and oh my there again my heart melted. "School." i say softly.

"Lets stay in," he grins rapping me tighter.

"No. Come on Carter." He groans releases me, i jump out of bed grabbing the sheet twirling it around my body, even though i am his 'girlfriend' now, somehow i still feel really self conscious about myself.

My phone startle me as i grab my panties. "Let me," he mummers stretching his arm to the drawer reaching to my phone.

"No," i snap seizing it before he could grab it. "Really Carter? Do you wan't to get fired?"

He gave me a small pout making me burst from laughter. i look down at my screen seeing my father's photo flashing on and off. "Dad, hi." i say with laugh walking to the bathroom.

"We have been invited to the Jenkins house for their annual masquerade ball Saturday,seeing i and your mother is back in Las-Vegas you can have our tickets, you can take Mandy."

Ball? what Ball? "Uh-"

"Please Jessica." My father begs.

a heavy sigh escapes my lips, well is this not the irony in every fairy tale, ball? handsome man? I DO NOT WANT TO END UP DEAD! "fine,"

"Great the tickets are already on your way, love you."

"love you dad." i say dryly pressing the red button.

i went back into the room leaning on the wall, eying Carter gazing at his black jeans and red shirt on the bed. "You going to the Ball Saturday?" He turns to me with his brow arch. "My dad just called i am going in their place, to your families 'do'"

"Oh,"

"Yes, Carter. OH."

"i forgot to tell you that, we were to busy not talking." He grins walking up to me pushing me to the wall. "You wanna be my date."

"No. i don't want people to make assumptions," i breathed as he kisses my neck slowly. "i am going to ask my roommate."

"So i will be going solo?"

"You can take a date." i whimper as he bit my ear.

Carter steps back confuse written all over his face. "No."

"Carter, i am still a student, its just one night, I don't want you to get fired baby." Wait did i just said baby? am i kidding myself? i do not say that!? Dear god.

"After you coming home with me."

"yes deal." i nod.

Crap.

------- ------

i stroll down the hallway of my dorm with a smile, in an hour is English, seeing him again.

i walk into the room seeing Mandy packing up her closet. Final semester and she is done with college, she is so lucky. "Dear lady, you are invited to a ball." i say portraying a British accent.

"You kidding right?" she laughs shaking her head side to side. "when?"

"Saturday,"

"No, can't. Brett is coming tomorrow. i can not leave him hanging."

"What! i don't wanna go alone to the ball-" or in fact want to be alone while i the idiot insist that Carter brings a date.

"Well you can always ask him." Mandy grins pointing to the door.

i turn my body to the door and my heart fell. He is here fucking awesome. "Damon."

"I would love to go to the ball." He says with a devilish smirk.

I am sure Carter will be really happy about this. "Awesome." i choke out.

Note the sarcasm..............
♠ ♠ ♠
comment

sub

REC